Developers That Rub You The Wrong Way

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Those people that are making the new Twisted Metal. Jaffe or something is one of them. I hate that guy.

Duraji

Aug 14, 2008
EA and Activision aren't developers, just publishers. Even THQ can only be considered a developer if you're talking about their wholly owned branch studios, such as THQ Montreal.

I would definitely have to say the branch of Square-Enix that currently is developing Final Fantasy games. As neat as they were in the 16-bit and 32-bit eras, I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing anymore, and even worse, probably don't even care because they know the games will sell regardless. FFXIV was a travesty, I'm glad we can all agree on that.

I'm also not a fan of Capcom's main developers. They seem to get by on pure camp value these days, delivering the bare minimum of what will keep players satisfied without actually making any advancements in gameplay, and will gladly charge you extra for content already on the disc. And then they wonder why there's so much modding and piracy.

Drakos.Amatras

Mar 23, 2011
Onyx Oblivion said:
Namco Bandai.

Motherfuckers have so many Tales games in Japan.

And localize so few, despite a sizable fanbase.
And not paying attention to the fan demands. Things are looking relatively brighter with Tales of Graces f, but by then, I've personally decided to import the Tales titles from now on, even though they're expensive as all get up.

Drakos.Amatras

Mar 23, 2011
Drakos.Amatras said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Namco Bandai.

And not paying attention to the fans' demands, especially those from non-Japanese-speaking territories. Things are looking relatively brighter with Tales of Graces f, but by then, I've personally decided to import the Tales titles from now on, even though they're expensive as all get up.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Outcast107 said:
I knew as I said that someone would come up and say "YOUR WRONG AND HAVN"T EVEN PLAY IT!"

Sorry if I have a different opionion from you sir. But Its the same fucking game 12 years ago. The very same. Nothing new at all. Gather min/gas, build/turtle your shit. The campaign is fun, but "RPG" aspect is pretty lame. All thats different is their online. Thats it.

Also Relic, a AWESOME RTS company tries to do things different with each game. And they do it pretty well.
RPG?
Its an RTS.
You are hating an RTS game for being an RTS. Are you even sure that you are playing the right genre?
If you still think your complaint is valid then what do you think about this complaint?
"Dragon age 2 sucked because it did not have gun and was the same level up, collect equipment, hire party member bullshit that bioware releases."

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
pspman45 said:
EA, more specifically DICE
They made a beautiful, funny, sandbox FPS with strong class based Multiplayer (Battlefield Bad Company 1)

and the sequel was a Bland, forgettable, linear FPS, with a stupid story, no reliance on teamwork and a huge visibility problem
honestly, i can not see more than 50 feet away because it gets all blurry or is covered in DUST!

I felt like I was playing Modern Warfare rather than Battlefield, and that was the reason I played Battlefield!
Well, you've got to cut them some slack on BC2's story. It's the second story they ever made (Third if you count Mirror's Edge, but that was written by Rhianna Pratchett). It was alright, but not as good as BC1's. I have to just plain disagree with you on the multiplayer though. I felt it was better than BC1's in just about every way. I felt I could see much farther in BC2, for example. I never sniped in the first one because there was mist everywhere

Plus, DICE gets huge developer points for what they're doing with BF3.

On topic, I don't really have a least favorite developer. It's not something that I think about when I dislike a game.

EDIT: ....really escapist? I see what your plan was, to get us used to annoying captchas, then make us watch advertisements to get the right to post. That's going too far.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Valve. I was playing TF2 yesterday and got a random drop that can only be accessed if I go to the store. What the fuck guys? If I wanted to buy my weapons I wouldn't need random drops.

After that it would be any company who releases buggy games and treats pre-orderers as beta testers.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Vibhor said:
Outcast107 said:
I knew as I said that someone would come up and say "YOUR WRONG AND HAVN"T EVEN PLAY IT!"

Sorry if I have a different opionion from you sir. But Its the same fucking game 12 years ago. The very same. Nothing new at all. Gather min/gas, build/turtle your shit. The campaign is fun, but "RPG" aspect is pretty lame. All thats different is their online. Thats it.

Also Relic, a AWESOME RTS company tries to do things different with each game. And they do it pretty well.
RPG?
Its an RTS.
You are hating an RTS game for being an RTS. Are you even sure that you are playing the right genre?
If you still think your complaint is valid then what do you think about this complaint?
"Dragon age 2 sucked because it did not have gun and was the same level up, collect equipment, hire party member bullshit that bioware releases."
Have you play the SP yet? Please tell me if you did. Cause in the Story, you can make two decision on who to help. Like save a human colony, or destory it due to them being infected by zerg. Why have this choice if it isn't going to play out in the next game? Or use points you get to buy a few different units. So it has a few "RPG" elment in choice making. Next time you try to quote me , do your reseacher.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Konami would be one. They made some great games back in the SNES days, but Pro Evo hasn't moved on (despite Evolution being in the name), and I'd say the same for MGS as well. Apart from that and Silent Hill, I'm hard-pressed to actually name any games they've developed over the last few years.

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
Valve for the hats thing, and basically becoming more money hungry.

Bioware for turning Dragon Age into Mass Effect: Medieval Edition.

Obsidian for having more bugs than a bug farm.

Lionhead for everything Fable related.

I will put in a dev team I LOVE as well. CD Projekt RED. I got ALL THAT STUFF in my The Witcher 2 for $50? cool deal. Thanks for the game guide and Soundtrack!

reddfawks

Jul 29, 2010
Square is starting to get on my nerves. We've been waiting how long for Versus? How about having to sit through a million and one prequels to Kingdom Hearts 3? (By which point, I assume Sora's going to take one look at all the crap he has to set right and just say "Screw this!")

They really need to prioritize. I liked XIII, but I'm really not up for a sequel to that yet. I own the DS remake of FFIV, and I'm happier with that then a PSP remake. Just give the audience what we've been waiting since 2006 for...

...Learn from DNF.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Konami. the way they're handling the Silent Hill franchise is just insufferable. Sure, Shattered memories was a step forward for the franchise after two awfully mediocre games but the Silent Hill collection without 1 and 4 and re-worked VO?! screw that! Oh and they just announced a freakin' multiplayer spinoff, christ how I hate them so much. *crosses fingers for Downpour*

Crytek. Don't get me wrong, I love the Crysis series. It's just their arrogant and snobby attitude that gets to me.

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
I have to say Trion. I play WoW and tried rift unbiasedly, (Yes I did, shut up) and honestly while I liked and It had some interesting Ideas, It was too close to WoW for me to me consider switching, and not in an MMO way in almost everyway. The way they openly declared they are trying to take down WoW and the smug way the claimed they're the people who took 600,000 people away from WoW was just plain annoying.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Really its Capcom for me. I love their games, I have Resident evil 5 Gold edition. I plan on getting the new Devil May Cry, and Dead Rising, and most of the stuff they have coming out looks interesting. But sadly the dlc they do sucks. Mainly because the dlc is on the disc or they charge money for useless costumes.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Namco Bandai.

This is my choice too, I still havent gotten over how they treated us regarding Vesperia.

My 2nd choice would be Bilzzard because they, like Nintendo think because they have a few hits on their hands they can get away with murder and just rehash the same game over and over with just superficial improvments. And the whole "when its ready" thing is bull, it doesnt take several years to come out with 1/3 of a game I dont care how much "tweaking and balancing" you do to the damn multiplayer.