Devil May Cry Creator Misses Dante

Dec 14, 2009
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Ninja Theory gets DMC and makes a game that looks terrible in the eyes of it's fans.

Team Ninja gets Metroid and makes a Metroid game who in the eyes of many of it's fans IRREDEEMABLY KILLED THE CHARACTER

What is it with Ninja's and the end of the world? No actually you guys do me a favor and pick up a shit ass franchise and kill that!
What does this prove? That any changes to the way a character was portrayed in their original game will leave a trail of butt-hurt fanboys in its wake.
Penny Arcade has our answer

And don't pretend if this wasn't something you like being f***ed up that you wouldn't be upset, because your not that big of a person, you are human.

If I told you say... Amaterasu was being reworked into a firey latina woman who went around being sassy to people, and I told you she was supposed to be the Goddess of the Sun, can you in all honesty tell me "That would be perfectly fine"
Nah man, that would be totally awe -
And consider that Ninja Theorys last game was Heavenly Sword which I personally found to be short and bad, and that "Oh Dante has to reload his guns now, and the over the top action from the last games has been removed to be more realistic" You know the stuff that made Devil May Cry fun to begin with doesn't leave me with a whole load of hope for this project.

But really my original post was just making a joke on the common term of Ninja
Ah, well there you go. If they're changing how the game plays entirely then the fans do deserve to be a little angry. I'll reserve judgement though. It it's good, it's good, if it's bad then it won't sell and that'll teach those pesky devs to not take chances!

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
We're making stories out of short developer tweets now? Great. I'd be sad too if someone totally messed up my original idea of a character I'd personally developed and created.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Woodsey said:
It looks like a younger version of the same person to me, which is what they were trying to get I believe.
Don't you understand. The devs are not Japanese, which means that they will fail on every single level of justifiable existence! Otaku-tards piss me off.
Ninja Theory is a bad developer regardless of nationality.

And even if they're not that bad, they're still not good enough to handle a game like DMC. Having a well-established franchise change developer is almost always a bad idea, but if you have to, atleast give it to someone who knows what they're doing.

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
Personally I have a few thoughts. Dante should not have any black hair... at all the silver hair hightens the supernatural feel. second he doesn't have a badass look to him, the character design is, well, lazy. The vibrant red coat helped him stick out. also why is he smoking? He was already one of the coolest charactes ever the cigerettes actually subtract coolness overall as a result. The mooks look cool though.

Dec 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Woodsey said:
It looks like a younger version of the same person to me, which is what they were trying to get I believe.
Don't you understand. The devs are not Japanese, which means that they will fail on every single level of justifiable existence! Otaku-tards piss me off.

And even if they're not that bad, they're still not good enough to handle a game like DMC. Having a well-established franchise change developer is almost always a bad idea, but if you have to, atleast give it to someone who knows what they're doing.
I can understand that, but I'll give an example. Square-enix and Bioware can both be considered great developers yes? Now imagine if it was announced that Bioware was going to develop a new Final Fantasy game. Some people would hate the decision just because Bioware isn't a Japanese dev. Those are the kind of fanboys I hate.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Woodsey said:

I can understand that, but I'll give an example. Square-enix and Bioware can both be considered great developers yes? Now imagine if it was announced that Bioware was going to develop a new Final Fantasy game. Some people would hate the decision just because Bioware isn't a Japanese dev. Those are the kind of fanboys I hate.
Well yes I can agree with that, I liked Biowares Sonic Chronicles if only for the plot (yeah that's weird I know) it was just a well written game. But like look at Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot, when Insomniac and Naughty Dog left them those series got WAY worse, justified displeasure

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I just hope they dont tarnish the memory - I can understand the creators feelings. Something he maade, and now has no control at all...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Yeah... I hated the new Dante's look, and I really REALLY hope they get bitchslapped for it.
[small]Yes I'm going to buy the new DMC. Yes I'm a fanboy. >.>[/small]

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
So he's like a teenage girl, he misses the smug prat. Although even though I did not enjoy the 4th all that much, Dante was a laugh at least.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Wait what what? I saw a post that stated that Dante needs to reload his guns and making it more realistic? WTF!? The over the top action and stuff was the thing that made DMC fun and good... If they are changing that then they really are fucking the game up.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Personally, I think he has gone somewhat the way of Link in the Zelda series. While it is more clearly linked, I have sort of maintained each as a new interpretation of the story.

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
I can't believe they A) made another prequel and B) designed him to look EXACTLY like the project lead. The first I could kinda let slide, but the second? There's a special hell reserved for those who perpetrate such crimes....

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
-Zen- said:
Cue the mass of ignorant statements. "All they changed was his hair, you whiny fanboys." Assholes.
OK fine...Only because you asked.
"All they changed was his hair, you whiny fanboys."
Happy? Good...Despite me being a fan of the DMC series...I just hope is voice actor is good. I mean I "LOVE" the new look.

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
SpaceMedarotterX said:
And consider that Ninja Theorys last game was Heavenly Sword which I personally found to be short and bad, and that "Oh Dante has to reload his guns now, and the over the top action from the last games has been removed to be more realistic" You know the stuff that made Devil May Cry fun to begin with doesn't leave me with a whole load of hope for this project.

But really my original post was just making a joke on the common term of Ninja
Oh come on the lack of realism is the point of spectacle fighters! You'r supposed to kill enemies in the most ridiculous manner possible.

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
Casual Shinji said:

One game makes you think ninja theory is a bad dev? According to many people here dmc 2 and 4 both sucked so i guess the last guys didn't know what they were doing either. You should try giving a developer a chance, i don't ever judge a developer by one game.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Evilsanta said:
Wait what what? I saw a post that stated that Dante needs to reload his guns and making it more realistic? WTF!? The over the top action and stuff was the thing that made DMC fun and good... If they are changing that then they really are fucking the game up.
Dante can reload his guns in a matter of nano seconds. But it happens so fast that no animation would do it any justice.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
-Zen- said:
Cue the mass of ignorant statements. "All they changed was his hair, you whiny fanboys." Assholes.
OK fine...Only because you asked.
"All they changed was his hair, you whiny fanboys."
Happy? Good...Despite me being a fan of the DMC series...I just hope is voice actor is good. I mean I "LOVE" the new look.
Same here.
I like they way he looks.
From a few of the screen shots you could see his hair turning white.
i think its gonna be awesome to see ho he changes from New Dante to the one we all know and somewhat love.

Besides, i loved it when Dante put out his cig in the demon's face during the Trailer.
He still has that "i don't give a fuck" attitude at least.