Devil May Cry Creator Misses Dante

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Hubilub said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Ninja Theory gets DMC and makes a game that looks terrible in the eyes of it's fans.

Team Ninja gets Metroid and makes a Metroid game who in the eyes of many of it's fans IRREDEEMABLY KILLED THE CHARACTER

What is it with Ninja's and the end of the world? No actually you guys do me a favor and pick up a shit ass franchise and kill that!
What does this prove? That any changes to the way a character was portrayed in their original game will leave a trail of butt-hurt fanboys in its wake.
How does it prove that?

These aren't minor changes, these are really fucking huge changes. This is a complete reboot of a series the fans don't want to be rebooted. Saying that this proves how the smallest of change makes fanboys butthurt makes no sense.

Let me tell you what an acceptable change of character is: In DMC 3, they made Dante younger and gave him a more juvenile and cocky attitude. That was a fairly mayor change from the first two games. Yet DMC 3 is hailed as one of the best games in the series, and fans love it.

Your statement is completely and utterly false.
Anyone else reminded of a guy playing Ping-Pong with himself reading this?

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
mr_rubino said:
-Zen- said:
vanthebaron said:
-Zen- said:
Cue the mass of ignorant statements. "All they changed was his hair, you whiny fanboys." Assholes.

I'll say it for the 10th time, he doesn't have the silver hair because he doesn't have his powers yet.
That's not the point was making. In the other threads on this game, it wasn't a rare occurrence that someone posts something along the lines of what I put in quotes, when this is clearly a much different character than the original Dante. The trailer alone shows that the old and new Dante are radically different characters, and it angered me how it was insinuated that they were essentially the same, looks not withstanding.

I don't have a problem with the hair. Well, I do, but I don't. It helps to prove my point that the new guy is nothing like his predecessor, which is something I despise. I'd rather they just give him a different name, because this guy isn't Dante. But that's a rant I've already made in extreme detail elsewhere, and seeing as my account keeps getting logged off every time I go to a new page, which is damn frustating, and due to lack of patience, I'm not going to rant to that extent again.

This hair color would be a problem if this game took place in the same universe as the other games, seeing as Dante had white hair since birth and would never let his hair be styled in such a ridiculous fashion, but seeing as this is an alternate universe, Ninja Theory can do what they wish. Granted, I wish they'd maintain character continuity to a far greater extent, but whatever. At this point I just don't care anymore. Still, it's weird seeing the successor to my favorite game hero get skunked.
I like this Zen character:

One post: It's not about the hair!
Next post: HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! HAIR! THIS IS A RADICAL CHARACTER REDESIGN LIKE TURNING MARIO INTO A SCHOOLTEACHER WHO RIDES GOATS AND EATS CAKE TO FLY BLARGABLARGABLARG!
From what I understand it has already been established that Dante always had white hair. The point here is that giving him black hair is just throwing out cannon for the sake of throwing out cannon. But of course that doesn't fit in with making bad jokes, even though time and again reboots or "re-imaginings" have failed because they broke with the cannon too much without giving an acceptable reason for it. Then there is the fact that in this particular post he is replying to a specific comment about the hair, not the actual reason there is an uproar about the new design.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i miss the old Dante to :/

but not cause he looks different, THAT i can over look,

its the metric fuck load of OTHER issues that keep coming up

like its not gonna be a 60 FPS game like the others, its gonna be 30
the fact the dev's them selves dislike the series and don't care they've pissed the fans off
his new back story, half human, half angel, -.- why ..

its all change for the sake of change, i WANT to hope this will be good, but i see no reason to think it will be