Diablo 3 Beta Goes Public This Weekend

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
2x 1-minute unplayable lag sections, in the middle of fights.
1x "The game has disconnected."
Various "Oh, you thought you picked up that gold? Ha!" moments.
Many, many "How is that thing hitting me from twenty feet away?" moments.

If there is even ONE of these present in the final build, it is perfectly legitimate grounds for complaint. These things should not happen in singleplayer. Ever. BAD Blizzard. Bad. No cookie.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Hammeroj said:
Tank207 said:
I think I'll stick with Torchlight if I want to play a Diablo Game.
While I appreciate the "fuck Diablo 3" sentiment present with the people saying they'd rather play Torchlight, I have to turn your attention at another game.

Path of Exile. [http://www.pathofexile.com/] It's [going to be] free, too.
Can't we all just get along?

I plan on buying both Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2. I've also put $60 down on PoE, and $100 down on Grim Dawn. I feel all these games are worth my money and I shouldn't just have to choose one.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Hammeroj said:
Tank207 said:
While I appreciate the "fuck Diablo 3" sentiment present with the people saying they'd rather play Torchlight, I have to turn your attention at another game.

Oh wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely looking forward to that now.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
The7Sins said:
Lucyfer86 said:
Tho as a Diablo 2 veteran, it's sad that stat point customization is gone, but that doesn't ruin my enjoyment.
Yeah that alone won't ruin Diablo 3 for me either.
That + the pay to win auction house + only being allowed to have 7 skills + respecing skills which IMO lowers replay value and should not be in RPGS.
Those factores all combined make Diablo 3 a crap game and for a Diablo 2 veteran like me make me weep for Blizzard has ruined there only good game.
The way i remembered it, in Diablo 2 there were usually mostly around 5 skills actually used at once (varies between classes), others were just used as prerequisite or synergy skills.
1, 2 attack skills, some defensive buffs and whatnot. So thay way i see it, Diablo 3 actually offers more or at least same amount of skills to be used at once...

I quess they can't just please everyone. But for this veteran, Diablo 3 will suck up too many hours of gameplay.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
You guys are hilarious. You all seem to think that you're entitled to play the beta in pristine condition. You're not, you're in the beta this weekend as bodies to break the servers. This weekend Blizzard is basically cutting the number of servers down and increasing the traffic by many times to see how their servers break. That's the point. Breaking the servers so they know the limits of their programming and so they can better deal with servers and transfer loads when the game actually goes live. They're not trying to sustain all of the players at once, that's why it's so laggy, they're trying to break the servers with you in them to see what happens. I'm just happy to actually get to see part of the game before it goes live. You're not entitled.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Normally I might check it out, seeing as Diablo has a history and all. But I'm gonna be a bit busy with another public beta...

Felix Moore

Apr 3, 2010
After 6 hours of playing in the Open beta, I can safely say; Love it!

I had some doubts about all the changes as an outsider, but after getting my hands on the game, I still feel the Diablo lure in Diablo 3. Getting equipment is still alluring and most of the abilities are incredibly fun to use. The big packs of monster are also quite exciting to fight as you have to duck and dodge around when you're level appropriate.

Sep 17, 2009
Tank207 said:
Hammeroj said:
Tank207 said:

Oh wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely looking forward to that now.
Is there some other video I should be watching? I checked out the Templar trailer...it kinda looks bad. It's pretty, but it seems slow moving and clunky.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Hammeroj said:

Path of Exile. It's [going to be] free, too.
The skill tree [http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/] in that game makes me want to throw up.
And I played Final Fantasy X.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Nautical Honors Society said:
Tank207 said:
Hammeroj said:
Tank207 said:

Is there some other video I should be watching? I checked out the Templar trailer...it kinda looks bad. It's pretty, but it seems slow moving and clunky.
I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, as someone who plays in the beta, i say it's worthy to stand beside Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
My only question about this game is, will the dungeons actually be different from each other throughout the game? So far it seems all the dungeons except the cave in the beta all look exactly the same, with the same hallways and rooms just rearranged in a different order. I never played the other Diablo games or games similar to it so I really don't know what to except but will their actually be different looking areas or just the same dungeon look just rearranged and randomized with harder mobs and bosses?

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Coreless said:
My only question about this game is, will the dungeons actually be different from each other throughout the game? So far it seems all the dungeons except the cave in the beta all look exactly the same, with the same hallways and rooms just rearranged in a different order. I never played the other Diablo games or games similar to it so I really don't know what to except but will their actually be different looking areas or just the same dungeon look just rearranged and randomized with harder mobs and bosses?
That's how it is pretty much, and has always been. Same dungeons, rearranged everytime.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Lucyfer86 said:
Coreless said:
That's how it is pretty much, and has always been. Same dungeons, rearranged everytime.
That's actually wrong. Some dungeons don't show up on every playthrough, the same with some enemies or events.
He asked about dungeon layouts and looks, not if they show up or not.