Diablo III Beta Rises from Hell This Summer

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Xanar said:
Yay, now one of my favorite childhood games made by Blizzard NORTH can be beaten to a pulp with easy mode gameplay and mediocre dialogue .
You just describe Torchlight.
I wonder who made torchlight?
Oh right, Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer. The FOUNDERS of Condor. The people that made Diablo and Diablo 2.

Condor later renamed into Blizzard North.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
ChillShark said:
I wonder If Blizzard's release schedule isn't just a calculated way to ensure that people will buy the game for an extra amount of money and that they get more people interested in the game by getting people obsessively talking and speculating about the release date. Maybe, just maybe all of Blizzard's games are ready months before the final release date is announced and the have worked out that they can make more money off of the game by holding it back for a while.
It is actually consider to be bad in the industry. At least that is what other companies thinks, or else every company would be doing it.
Because you can't hold people attention for that long, and for the causals they would feel it is a old game.
Anyways, Diablo 3 have be remake ground up at least once, that is why it is taking so long.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
John Funk said:
Fappy said:
John Funk said:
DoctorPhil said:
And thus, Blizzards final franchise was raped. Rest in peace Blizzard, for you are dead. Except you are now an undying zombie that will regurtitate the same few games over and over.

Supp said:
Excuse me, what? This is post-WoW Blizzard we're talking about.
Blizzard has *never* had a good story in its games. Period. Nostalgia filter aside.

And as someone who's actually played D3, it's pretty damn awesome. Very much in line with D2 and D1.
Mr.Amakir said:
On question though, will the game have LAN and proper mod-support?
LAN, no. Proper mod-support, depends on what you mean.
That is very depressing. I preferred LAN over online in D2 :(
And I preferred LAN over online in D2, but if you just want to pick up and play I actually have grown to enjoy the new Battle.net. Yes, it has some serious issues but it's great for just playing quick matches with people. I don't miss LAN nearly as much with SC2 as I worried I might.
Well that's somewhat reassuring. I think I am just bitter about LAN being phased out by the industry. I have so many fond memories...

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This is awesome,but knowing my luck I don't think I will get the chance to try the beta. =/

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
John Funk said:
Blizzard has *never* had a good story in its games. Period. Nostalgia filter aside.
Am i the only one who thought WC3's campaign was actually pretty good? Watching Arthas' transformation in the original was pretty horrific to watch (in a good way)

OT: Why don't Blizzard just do a Valve and say "it's ready when it's ready"?
I will only start getting SUPER hyped for this game when it's a week from release and I know 100% for sure that it's coming that date.

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Exort said:
Probably no LAN. It is never confirmed, but it is safe to say it doesn't have LAN since Starcraft 2 didn't include it.
No map editor or UI mod support. (Confirmed in Blizzcon Q&A)
They said the tool to randomize the map is too hard to use, that said there is always going to be mods.
They also doesn't like the fact UI mod in WoW made the game more and more complicated. One of the goal since the first Diablo is anyone that can use a mouse can play it.
Blizzard just lost a sale there, battle.net 2.0 is probably one of the worst online solutions ever.

Fluffyz0r said:
Im starting to think theres only 1 person working on Diablo 2 at blizzard
I don't think anyone at Blizzard is working on Diablo 2.

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
iLikeHippos said:
Awesomesauce! I've been hitting Diablo II even to this day, and still find it satisfying. The only thing replacing that marvel will be none other than Diablo III.
... And now it may just be in reach. *sniff*
this... will... be... EPIC!!!!11!!!!1!1

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
fundayz said:
nice, although i'm not that excited about D3. It doesn't seem like a diablo game more than a generic (albeit probably fun) dark fantasy action game.
Isn't that the genre that Diablo pretty much invented, though? So isn't that pretty much exactly what Diablo 3 should be?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
John Funk said:
And as someone who's actually played D3, it's pretty damn awesome. Very much in line with D2 and D1.
Oh I just wanted to say how much I... what's the combination of hatred, jealousy and envy with a bit of sadness added to it? Pretty much sums it up.

Also I just realize I've waited more than half my life for a game. That's how much I want Diablo 3.
ark123 said:
I'LL GIVE MY FIRSTBORN SON TO GET INTO THIS BETA
I'll also give his firstborn son to get into this beta.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Exort said:
They also doesn't like the fact UI mod in WoW made the game more and more complicated. One of the goal since the first Diablo is anyone that can use a mouse can play it.
Wait, what? UI mods in WoW made the game more complicated? Hopefully I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but...I can't play with WoW's default UI. It's too simple.