Diablo III Character classes: What do you think?

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Abedeus said:
rossatdi said:
Abedeus said:
Diablo 3 won't have a sub fee.

Battle.net 2 will have some OPTIONS for $, like extra security key generator (like the ones for WoW), more character slots...

Besides, that would be shooting themselves in the feet. Many people, including me, are still playing Diablo 2 because it's an awesome game you can play online for free.

And why would they get another subscription-based game, if they have another MMO in development?
This sounds most awesome. Is this be sourced or just something you'd be hoping? Although I certainly understand your logic.
I think I've seen it somewhere.

Yeah, it was an interview from October 14th during the Blizzcon 2008. I'm afraid, however, I do not have an English version of it. But Rob Pardo said they don't plan on turning Diablo into a sub-based game, explaining that the game is not a MMO and that would make little sense to charge additionally for it. He did however said that there might be some elements on B.Net that won't, however, give any advantage in-game, like special items or instant levelups.

It's more like - you want to change character name or server? Pay. You don't have to do it, but if you want to, you can. Won't give you any advantage over non-paying people.
That's really awesome, great to know, thanks. Now I just need to hope and pray my new (soon to be obtained) laptop should run it.

A £400 laptop should run Diablo 3 right?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
rossatdi said:
Abedeus said:
rossatdi said:
Abedeus said:
Diablo 3 won't have a sub fee.

Battle.net 2 will have some OPTIONS for $, like extra security key generator (like the ones for WoW), more character slots...

Besides, that would be shooting themselves in the feet. Many people, including me, are still playing Diablo 2 because it's an awesome game you can play online for free.

And why would they get another subscription-based game, if they have another MMO in development?
This sounds most awesome. Is this be sourced or just something you'd be hoping? Although I certainly understand your logic.
I think I've seen it somewhere.

Yeah, it was an interview from October 14th during the Blizzcon 2008. I'm afraid, however, I do not have an English version of it. But Rob Pardo said they don't plan on turning Diablo into a sub-based game, explaining that the game is not a MMO and that would make little sense to charge additionally for it. He did however said that there might be some elements on B.Net that won't, however, give any advantage in-game, like special items or instant levelups.

It's more like - you want to change character name or server? Pay. You don't have to do it, but if you want to, you can. Won't give you any advantage over non-paying people.
That's really awesome, great to know, thanks. Now I just need to hope and pray my new (soon to be obtained) laptop should run it.

A £400 laptop should run Diablo 3 right?
No idea. But Blizzard is known to run all their games on old PCs. I mean, I know no single person that had to upgrade for Diablo 2 OR WoW, as a matter of fact. But it's still to early to tell exactly what kind of requirements will the game have.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Abedeus said:
No idea. But Blizzard is known to run all their games on old PCs. I mean, I know no single person that had to upgrade for Diablo 2 OR WoW, as a matter of fact. But it's still to early to tell exactly what kind of requirements will the game have.
You have a very good point there. I suspect my old wheezy laptop (that can run Doom 3, Far Cry and Half Life 2) probably shouldn't have a big issue with a isometric action RPG. Here's to the grinding!

I just hope they throw in a knight/paladin type character.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
rossatdi said:
Abedeus said:
You have a very good point there. I suspect my old wheezy laptop (that can run Doom 3, Far Cry and Half Life 2) probably shouldn't have a big issue with a isometric action RPG. Here's to the grinding!

I just hope they throw in a knight/paladin type character.
More or less. Your laptop isn't that bad, mine has trouble running Portal/Half Life 2.

I predict they will add one more melee class and one caster.

Or one melee and one ranged. Something like an Amazon. This option is even more viable, seeing as we already have 2 caster classes.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
Just to spite the legions of noobs that are going to take the over-powered Wizzard class, I will roll an Amazon.