Dice: Games That Require a 64-bit OS are Incoming

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
008Zulu said:
Huh, I read a while back that Windows 8 will have an x360 emulator built in. Interesting.
What? No way... Microsoft wouldn't do something like that... would they?

Moonlight Butterfly said:
I have had a 64 bit OS for about 5 or 6 years now. I would find it strange that PC gamers don't have such a system.
Had one since 2007. Vista too, and I haven't had any problems with this operatin' system ever.

Tyranicus

Feb 8, 2008
I went from WinXP 32bit to Win7 64bit and honestly Im impressed I dont even know why i waited so long to upgrade.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Easton Dark said:
008Zulu said:
Huh, I read a while back that Windows 8 will have an x360 emulator built in. Interesting.
I read that rumour before the whole patent war with Motorolla became so public, it would (conceivably) allow them to circumvent the ban. It would also save them a metric ton of cash on hardware manufacturing.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
008Zulu said:
Easton Dark said:
008Zulu said:
I read that rumour before the whole patent war with Motorolla became so public, it would (conceivably) allow them to circumvent the ban. It would also save them a metric ton of cash on hardware manufacturing.
So I could play all of those 360 exclusives I'm missing out on with a Windows 8? Sweet.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Fucking finally. I've been 64 bit since windows XP 64-bit edition.
It's about god damn time in my opinion.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
About time. if even i have upgraded to 64 bit OS (and i was the one that clinged onto 98 till its death) the world is way overdue.
The 64 does have large advanttages other than just RAM. its processing is much smoother, it can easily cope with more graphic processing and the coding capabilities are also better. world has to move to 64 and is slowly doing so. and if we have to leave a few computers like my desktop behind, then so be it.

NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Exactly why I don't PC game very much outside of TL2 and Minecraft. I can't afford to soup up my computer yet again. Especially the processor, the most expensive component, since it forces you to replace your case as well.
wrong. you can either change the processor itself. or if you arel ess tech savy change the motherboard. you dont need new case. also, processor is not the most expensive part. graphic card is.

More RAM won't improve loading times, you seem to be under the placebo effect if I may say so.

Why not get an SSD if you want fast loading times? Prices are crashing.
more wont, but faster will. and the "big" ram chunks are likely to be fast now, rather than what people were to buy say 5 years ago. the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 is large, let alone the frequency.
Also, SSD is a good thing, a vry good thing, but its prices are STILL too big and they are still too small. ill wait for better times with those.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Guess whose games I'm not going to be playing then, with no intent to address this.

Though to be fair, I probably wouldn't have played them anyway.