Dick Souls

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Madara XIII said:
(Actually if you backstab fish, you might as well be the lowest form of life in any Dark Souls game.)
Yeah...no. Just no.

OT: Thankfully I haven't seen too much of this, but I know it's a thing. Put your dicks away. I don't look up what is the supar best build, I just see what items I want to use and build based around that.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
It could be worse. They could be playing Sorcerer classes. Filthy easy mode mages... Grumbles at magic users

It's still pretty funny how some people who play this up for exaggerated effect can end up acting though.

euphoria58

Feb 17, 2015
I'm actually really happy with the changes to weapon damage and the inclusion of Farron spells alongside the new energy pool. It makes one-off encounters with sorcerers a lot more fun when people actually do duel you in PvP. Everything feels... I dunno, "balanced" to me in the current state of the game.

I will say that some of the attitude about "cheese builds" are things that become ridiculous to counter from the previous Souls games, like phantom range Estocs, stunlocks, or breaking the poise system entirely with 2H running attacks with a katana (Also with phantom range!).

Dark-buffed katana jesters kinda made DS2's PvP unfun because of how annoying they were to fight, and the same will probably happen with some other weapon in DS3 in time.

However, if you're doing PvE, all power to you. Cheese away. Beat the game as you wish. One of my humblest friends beat the first two Dark Souls games with keyboard+mouse, since he doesn't have a controller. If you're dick-waving you've already failed at the most important thing with Dark Souls: having fun.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
As someone playing Dark Souls 1 and constantly checking its Steam forum, I see a lot more people criticized for using terrible weapons and tactics and more bragging about using the best gear. Maybe its an age thing, since 1 is not new anymore.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Baresark said:
Haha, this is exactly how people act with Souls game.
"You using Havel's armor? What a wimp!"
"You use Hexes? What is this, Baby Souls?"
"HA! He needed a shield in this game! What a fairy!"
"Oh my god! he's backstab fishing. I knew this guy was a casual" (Actually if you backstab fish, you might as well be the lowest form of life in any Dark Souls game.)
Backstab and Parry fishers are scum, period. Buncha cheap cheesers.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Souplex said:
otakon17 said:
Madara XIII said:
Baresark said:
Haha, this is exactly how people act with Souls game.
"You using Havel's armor? What a wimp!"
"You use Hexes? What is this, Baby Souls?"
"HA! He needed a shield in this game! What a fairy!"
"Oh my god! he's backstab fishing. I knew this guy was a casual" (Actually if you backstab fish, you might as well be the lowest form of life in any Dark Souls game.)
They're mildly bad, but nowhere as bad as lag-stabbers. It would be an easy fix for From to implement, but they refuse because reasons.

Backstab and Parry fishers are scum, period. Buncha cheap cheesers.
You mean apart from the fact that they are using a perfectly valid tactic? Hardly 'scum'.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Shocksplicer said:
Kind of off topic, but it only just occurred to me: where is Critical Miss set?
The clue is in the title.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/7560-1

K12

Dec 28, 2012
the silence said:
So funfact: I never encountered Souls Fans like that, aside from the ones who do it ironically, but then help regardless.
Same, I haven't found any of the so called "rabid" undertale fans either only lots of people saying how much they hate them. I don't know if I'm lucky or just manage to avoid this stuff because I don't look for it.

I've gotten into the PvP quite a bit in Dark Souls 3 having never done much in previous games and (with a few exceptions) the people I've fought have been pretty dignified. One of them even gave me time to kill off the mobs that I got assaulted with part way through the fight and then heal myself rather than just rush in for a quick win.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
CrimsonBlack said:
Fractral said:
After dying about 20 times to the Abyss Watchers I too summoned help. But I don't count it since the summon died in the second stage of the fight. NPC summons also don't count, right?

But yeah, this is why I don't do PVP in any souls game ever. I was invaded a few times while playing through but each time I just went and jumped off an edge or let a mob kill me. Sorry bro- my game, my rules. Go invade someone who wants to play with you.
That's part of Dark Souls I guess, you're free to jump off a cliff if you get invaded.

Also, fucking Abyss Watchers. I ended up upgrading a crossbow and simply pew-pewing the second fire-y stage of that particular boss. I should have known when I beat the first stage of the boss after 4-5 goes and thought "ah, that was relatively simple. Oooh, a cutscene, I'll put down my controller and have a drink. Ah. Oh no, FUCK FUCKETY FU---- he's on fire!"
I almost beat the Abyss watchers (both stages) on my first attempt but I didn't... and I still hadn't beaten them 2 and a half hours later! It definitely didn't help that I painstakingly waited for the darkwraiths to clear out the mobs each time rather than just sprinting to the fog gate.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Yep! I was wondering when Erin was going to wave her metaphorical wang with the new Dark Souls game towards the "filthy casuals" known as her co-workers/friends, and then take it to the next level.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
therandombear said:
Surprise comic?

That is true though. Everything is essy and done wrong by everyone, but the person in question.
Being other than the people in question is for casuals!

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Fox12 said:
Dango said:
I'm a pretty diehard Dark Souls fan, and the idea that people think the only thing that makes it special is that it's hard is the worst. I would say it's best to go into it with not a lot of information and such because a lot of the game is about a sense of exploration, but I think caring about your reputation as a player is fucking stupid.
The difficulty is my least favorite aspect of the games. Oh, I enjoy it, no doubt, but it takes a back seat to the lore, characters, and world. I sometimes wonder if the Soul's games reputation for "difficulty" isn't somewhat detrimental.
Oh, I'd say the difficulty is detrimental. I enjoy it, and think the game would be worse for removing it, but the idea that the Souls games are some kind of gatekeeper to being a leet hardcore gamer is fucking stupid. On top of that, yeah, it's a hard game, but it's pretty fair most the time, it's not impossible, you just need to be patient and figure out engagements. I've beaten every Souls game, but never had the tolerance for games like Mega Man, Ikaruga, and Ninja Gaiden. On top of that, I fucking suck at PvP, and pretty much always built for PvE and hated DS2's attempt to balance towards invasions.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I'm the biggest goddamn scrub player in Dark Souls 1 you'll ever did see. Wanna know how I played?

Yeah I farmed the idiots falling off the ledge to grind souls. But you know what really takes the cake? I SAVED THE DAMN GAME. Yep, I actually alt-tabbed out of it, backed up the save file and if I died in a boss fight, I'd go out again, copy over the save file, restart, and be RIGHT where I was, instead of having to trek all the way back to that son of a *****.

Seems so lame, I know, especially since there were about 4 boss fights in which I didn't even die once, including the stupid 4 Kings, but that's probably due to my overpowered, ultra-n00b +15 uchigatana build.

And you know what else? I actually had FUN. And I'd play the others that way too. Suck it, losers!

CrimsonBlack

Mar 10, 2011
K12 said:
CrimsonBlack said:
Fractral said:
After dying about 20 times to the Abyss Watchers I too summoned help. But I don't count it since the summon died in the second stage of the fight. NPC summons also don't count, right?

But yeah, this is why I don't do PVP in any souls game ever. I was invaded a few times while playing through but each time I just went and jumped off an edge or let a mob kill me. Sorry bro- my game, my rules. Go invade someone who wants to play with you.
That's part of Dark Souls I guess, you're free to jump off a cliff if you get invaded.

Also, fucking Abyss Watchers. I ended up upgrading a crossbow and simply pew-pewing the second fire-y stage of that particular boss. I should have known when I beat the first stage of the boss after 4-5 goes and thought "ah, that was relatively simple. Oooh, a cutscene, I'll put down my controller and have a drink. Ah. Oh no, FUCK FUCKETY FU---- he's on fire!"
I almost beat the Abyss watchers (both stages) on my first attempt but I didn't... and I still hadn't beaten them 2 and a half hours later! It definitely didn't help that I painstakingly waited for the darkwraiths to clear out the mobs each time rather than just sprinting to the fog gate.
It took me a combined 6 hours playing over 2 days to beat Abyss Watchers. Grr. When I finally did stick the final hit in, my controller slipped from my sweating, shaking hands and I just leaned back in my chair and went "aaaaaaaaahhhhhh". Then one of those forest nymph enemies bounded through the now-unfogged boss-door and insta-killed me in my moment of triumph, but I was too happy to really care at that stage.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Sounds similar to those who take "PC Gaming Master Race" too seriously, with the added, "Keyboard & Mouse are the only true gaming controllers", bullshit.

We get it. It's the only time they can get full satisfaction in life. Just don't wave your dick around in people's faces.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
JohnnyDelRay said:
I'm the biggest goddamn scrub player in Dark Souls 1 you'll ever did see. Wanna know how I played?

Yeah I farmed the idiots falling off the ledge to grind souls. But you know what really takes the cake? I SAVED THE DAMN GAME. Yep, I actually alt-tabbed out of it, backed up the save file and if I died in a boss fight, I'd go out again, copy over the save file, restart, and be RIGHT where I was, instead of having to trek all the way back to that son of a *****.

Seems so lame, I know, especially since there were about 4 boss fights in which I didn't even die once, including the stupid 4 Kings, but that's probably due to my overpowered, ultra-n00b +15 uchigatana build.

And you know what else? I actually had FUN. And I'd play the others that way too. Suck it, losers!
Fun? FUN?!?! What is this heresy you speak? Games aren't meant to be "fun". They are meant to crush the soul, destroy the spirit and make you hate life as its the be all and end all of all that exist.

For shame, sir!!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
See I have a great way of playing Dark Souls while avoiding all the dick waving turbocunts that go out of their way to be the worst kind of human detritus: good ol' blocking incoming traffic for it on my firewall.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Dango said:
Fox12 said:
Dango said:
I'm a pretty diehard Dark Souls fan, and the idea that people think the only thing that makes it special is that it's hard is the worst. I would say it's best to go into it with not a lot of information and such because a lot of the game is about a sense of exploration, but I think caring about your reputation as a player is fucking stupid.
The difficulty is my least favorite aspect of the games. Oh, I enjoy it, no doubt, but it takes a back seat to the lore, characters, and world. I sometimes wonder if the Soul's games reputation for "difficulty" isn't somewhat detrimental.
Oh, I'd say the difficulty is detrimental. I enjoy it, and think the game would be worse for removing it, but the idea that the Souls games are some kind of gatekeeper to being a leet hardcore gamer is fucking stupid. On top of that, yeah, it's a hard game, but it's pretty fair most the time, it's not impossible, you just need to be patient and figure out engagements. I've beaten every Souls game, but never had the tolerance for games like Mega Man, Ikaruga, and Ninja Gaiden. On top of that, I fucking suck at PvP, and pretty much always built for PvE and hated DS2's attempt to balance towards invasions.
To be fair classic Mega Man, at least 2 and 3, are a lot more like Dark Souls in their design if you pay attention, they generally don't dick you around and are pretty fair, with well designed stages that tend to introduce things in a safe, spike/pit free space, before throwing in extra obstacles over a pit. Mostly fair, mostly about learning patterns and having some patience, the first game and some later entries kinda fuck that up though.

Ninja Gaiden on the other hand is difficult to the point of frankly being a bad game, like far too many 8-bit titles of the time.

47_Ronin

Jul 30, 2012
The games are slow and tactical, rewarding forethought and knowledge rather than fast reactions and memorized combos.
Yeah, if you are a dirty spells using casul. Git gud, go quality build, son.