Did you get any HD Collections?

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Silent hill HD is amazing a really good buy, I have no problems with it. Then again people say the old ones were better but I didnt play them. But dont let bad reviews put you off it is a great game.
All we need now is a final fantasy HD collection with Final fantasy 1, Final fantasy 2, Final fantasy 3, Final fantasy 4, Final fantasy 5, Final fantasy 6, Final fantasy 7, Final fantasy 8 (and so on). I think a Final fantasy HD collection is entirely possible.............shut up I do

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
No.

HD collections are useless to me. They aren't reason enough for me to buy/play the game again. Nor would 3D releases or the like.

That said, the Sly Cooper collection has caught my attention because I've never played any of those games and I have a mild interest in trying them out.

syndicate

Feb 9, 2012
I got Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which almost ALMOST met my expectations, but unfortunately MGS3 was missing too much from the original.

I was considering Silent Hill, but all I heard was shit, so I got SH2 on PS2.

I'd probably get Shadow of the Colossus/Ico when I get the chance.

I don't get these for HD as such, I get them because I want the games and it may be better value than getting their last gen versions.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
All the GoW ones
Sly Raccoon
Tomb Raider
Prince of Persia
MGS
Jak & Daxter
Pre-ordered Ratchet & Clank

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Sparklyfingers said:
Anyone that's bought Silent Hill HD (Xbox) and can report on it? I've heard a lot of conflicting things.
I bought the PS3 version, but I believe it's the same as the Xbox 360 one. Long story short, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a PS2 and can find those games, buy them for the PS2 because they have the original voices of the actors that served also as models for the appearance of the characters in the game. It makes a huge difference in the experience of the game, believe me. SH 2 has an option to chose between original and new voice cover, but SH 3 doesn't have one.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
I did buy Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD a while back... I somehow managed to get through SotC, but not without frustration and rage at the controls. (Also, I might've laughed when Agro fell, he had it coming). Ico was a lot better, but it's not like that is saying much, sadly.

I haven't really seen other HD re-release games in Norway where I live, which is a shame.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
No, I already have the originals. And while it might be cool to play the first Jak game in HD, I'm not paying for something I already have. It's a principle of mine.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
haven't picked up any of the collections, although i'm really tempted to see what they do with Final Fantasy X. i'd buy it on PS3 if they do a decent job and upscale everything and allow the transfer of my original PS2 saves (for the Al Bhed alphabet!). option for the international version would be sweet too!

that said, i already have God of War I & II, the PS2 MGS collection, DMC, DMC3, PoP:WW and TTT so i don't plan on buying them again. not really interested in the rest.

May 5, 2010
Got Sly and Jak collections, and one of my roommates got the God of War one. I'm considering getting the Prince of Persia one, too.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Yes I did:
MGS Collection: I already had MGS2 and MGS3, I mostly bought it to finally play Peacewalker (have yet to get to it... :S)
Shadow of the Colossus/Ico: never enough reasons to play these games again.
Prince of Persia: this was the first time I actually finished Warrior Within. Replayed the others as well.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
So far MGS HD and Jak and Daxter HD. Soon to be getting the Sly Cooper HD colelction, as I haven't played them before. Yes yes I know, blasphemy.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Jak, Sly and Prince of Persia.

I might pick up Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid and ICO/Shadow of the Colossus down the road.
(And maaaaybe the two God of War packs.)

Definitely gonna buy Ratchet & Clank HD when it hits the shelves.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
God of war
Ico/SoTC
Metal Gear Solid

I plan on getting Ratchet and Clank, eventhough I already own 2 and 3.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Sparklyfingers said:
I want to get the Silent Hill collection and boyfriend is getting DMC as soon as he's finished his essay stuff :p

Anyone that's bought Silent Hill HD (Xbox) and can report on it? I've heard a lot of conflicting things.
I'll get back to you on that when it arrives, lol

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Hazy992 said:
I bought a copy of the Sly Collection and I might get the Jak and Daxter Collection when it's cheap. Oh and if that Ratchet and Clank Collection is real then that'll be a must buy.
How have they been? Are they able, in your opinion, to polish a PS2 game into something that will impress us gen 7 players?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Gorfias said:
Hazy992 said:
I bought a copy of the Sly Collection and I might get the Jak and Daxter Collection when it's cheap. Oh and if that Ratchet and Clank Collection is real then that'll be a must buy.
How have they been? Are they able, in your opinion, to polish a PS2 game into something that will impress us gen 7 players?
The Sly Collection's Ok I guess but I haven't played it that much. You can tell it's gen 6 but it is a step up from the original.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
I got the ICO+SotC HD collection going to pick up the metal gear some time soon cause the Silent Hill collection was a huge fuck up and I've always wanted to get into the metal gear series

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
There are a couple on my to get list which I have never gotten around to buying (Ico collection, MGS: collection) and I do plan to get the FFX, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, FFX and Splinter Cell upgrades.

Currently I've bought a few (Beyond Good and Evil Hd, Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider) but out of these three only Beyond was something a bought for myself rather than as a gift.