Diehard Webcomic Fans Invent Fake Anime

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
TakerFoxx said:
Loop Stricken said:
Do they have their own convention? Albums? ISLAND?
Convention? Check. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project#Reitaisai]

Albums? Check. [http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/List_by_Groups]

Island? Why yes, I do believe it counts, so check. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan]

=Holds up big sign that says "STILL NUMBER ONE!"=

captcha: look away. But I don't want to! :(
I was referring to this Homestuck nonsense, not your Touhou nonsense.

Also get your people to draw more Rumia in glasses. It's adorable [http://i.imgur.com/9Kb50.jpg].

... in fact just glass ALL the characters.
I know, I was just joining in on the fun. :p

And putting in Touhou+Glasses into most imageboards will get you all the glasses pictures you need.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
That's one thing that Touhou has is the incredible dedication to the series. Sure you're closer than anyone else, Homestuck, but you fail to realize how fucking crazy us Touhou fans are.

We are at the point where if you can think of a game, there is more than likely a Touhou spinoff/mod for said game. If there is an anime opening, there is more than likely a Touhou reskin of it. The Leviathan that is the Touhou fanbase is a giant pool of complete obsession that it can, at times, make a brony shiver.

Also, like 90% of our characters are borderline gods so they can kick your characters' ass.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
After reading these comments, I am sure of one thing. I am staying faaaaaar away from anything related to this Homestuck thing or whatever Touhou is. Obsessive fandom is a scary thing, and I want no part of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go keep working on my Castlevania themed sonic screwdriver while listening to Clockwork Angels for the 10th time today.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I'll pass. I know this fandom too well, and an anime for MSPA would be riddled with John/Dad slash fiction or similar. Its really bizzarre. Think Im wrong? My ex-girlfriend is obsessed with it.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I am both frightened and intrigued. I still won't go back and read any more of that dreadful time sucker, but I find the premise of a Homestuck anime hilarious. And a Homestuck fanime horrifying.

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
Actually a real Homestuck anime episode [http://mspaforums.com/showthread.php?47701-Homestuck-Anime-!] has been in production since about May.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
CJ1145 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Is this Homestuck thing an actual web comic or some shitty flash game? Went to the website and all I saw was a shitty flash game.
No idea what you saw. It's a webcomic, and you advance the pages by clicking the commands, usually either looking like ==> or >*insert command here*

Could you direct me to the webcomic? All I'm seeing is a flash game about some character (that you name) who likes old sci-fi movies and paranormal lore
Don't bother!

Reading MSPA is a bit like doing work to get at Stephenie Meyer-quality fanfic writing.

You know how people love to just blatantly speculate on the most illogical crap even tangentially related to any anime or sci-fi media (*coughindoctrinationwhatthecrapisthisnonsensecough*)? Take that kind of nonsensical 'story' 'development', then duct-tape it together. TA-DA, MSPA!

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I see homestuck all over the place. From what I gather it's about grey goat children. That's about all I know about it.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
They even made a fake Wikipedia article on a non-existing anime?

There is dedication, then there is being in denial. The Homestuck fans are in denial.

At least the Touhou fans actually make the anime happen, spending hard earned money on professional voice actors and everything.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
No! Bad internet! You're doing it wrong! There are more important things to attend to in the fan-driven anime world...!!

Once you've made this into a real anime, THEN you can get to work on that... other thing of yours! And so forth. ...JPEGS!

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Who's to say this is fake? Perhaps the fans have actually gotten together to work on making an anime of Touhou themselves?

That's a dedicated fandom, right there.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
(whitty name here) said:
Also, like 90% of our characters are borderline gods so they can kick your characters' ass.
I'm not sure what the words John Egbert, Aradia Medigo, Vriska Serket, Bec Noir, Lord English, Doc Scratch, GCat, Her Imperious Condescension, Dave Strider, Rose Lalonde, Jade Harley, and RRRRRRRRRUUUFIOOOOOOO mean to you, but...

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
I don't get it.

This is welcomed and praised by everyone, yet if one person makes a Pony thread its all "HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE MOTHER FUCKERS!" and "Fucking losers".

I am so confused by what the Escapist deems "right" and "wrong".
It's not welcomed and praised by me, that's for damn sure! I think it has to do with the sites one frequents besides the Escapist. Tumblr, for instance, isn't as inundated by ponies (I'm sure someone will jump on me for that, but whatever). It IS inundated by Homestuck. Youtube is becoming filled to bursting with those damn ponies and more people frequent it (your "internet everyman") and so besides the Pony fandom itself (I refuse to use their invented word) they're pretty much universally reviled.

Keep in mind, this is all just my opinions and estimations.

On topic... is this news? DeviantArt, for instance, is filled with fake Anime screenshots. Sure they didn't all show up overnight like a lot of these, but nerd artists have figured out how to match that anime look and feel (with subtitles and all) LONG, long ago. It's almost like an internet rule all by itself; "if it exists, someone has probably made a fake anime screenshot of it".

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
That's not the end of the fandom. There is also official Homestuck music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDdV8eIHGE].

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
CJ1145 said:
(whitty name here) said:
I'm not sure what the words John Egbert, Aradia Medigo, Vriska Serket, Bec Noir, Lord English, Doc Scratch, GCat, Her Imperious Condescension, Dave Strider, Rose Lalonde, Jade Harley, and RRRRRRRRRUUUFIOOOOOOO mean to you, but...
Not much considering that Yukari Yakumo, Utsuho Reiuji, Reimu Hakurei, Flandre and Remilia Scarlet, Shikieiki Yaxamanadu, Suika Ibuki, Yuyuko Saigyouji, and many, many others exist.

I mean, just Yukari Yakumo would be enough to completely break anyone. Being able to change the 'barriers' of anything in existence at will and to an unlimited extent is too completely broken for anyone to compare to.

Your character is physically stronger? Changes the barriers between strength and weakness, now your character is weak as a newborn. Hell, in the game she debuted in, she changed the borders of life and death and the spirits began to wreak havoc on the world. All because her ghost friend asked her to. She doesn't even have to channel it. She immediately went back to sleep after it was changed. She can do this for anything anyone anywhere at any time. The only reason things aren't to her exact specifications is because she's doesn't give half a damn as well as sleeps most of the time.

It has nothing to do with what character they're up against, Touhou characters are just too broken to compete with anything other than other Touhou characters, save for the low level Youkai of the games. Any character with a decent significance in their universe is completely bullshit in come way.

mew4ever23 said:
Who's to say this is fake? Perhaps the fans have actually gotten together to work on making an anime of Touhou themselves?

That's a dedicated fandom, right there.
Someone summarized Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom into a 15 minute, fully voiced over anime episode.

Someone else did a 3D rendition of the final boss fight in Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
>Linking to something I put on Cracked three years ago...

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that.