dingrats: "Just Loot It"

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
Well that was... decent.

For the future, try to create better lyrics for your videos, that way most people won't turn it off within the first 30 seconds, and the few people who actually do make it to the end won't get an enormous headache from watching it all.

Despite the bad lyrics, the visuals were actually pretty good, you have that much down at least.

marmot

Nov 28, 2007
I don't quite understand why some people have said that you won't get it if you don't play WoW. If so why the hell is it being posted on the Escapist? This is a website/magazine/thing that focuses on the whole gaming community, not on one game, no matter how popular it is. If you post on the escapist then expect it to be read by people who don't love WoW to death.

Regarding the video itself, I couldn't get past the first minute. It uses a song that pretty much everyone was sick of hearing a month after it came out. From what I heard it had fairly poor lyrics delivered equally badly and it used a game that half the worlds fan videos seem to be made on. While the directing and timing didn't seem bad it didn't make up for the fact that the rest of it was poorly executed and the whole thing seemed to lack any kind of originality.

Kulos

Dec 20, 2007
Won't get it if you don't play WoW? I don't get it and I DO play WoW. So, basically, the video encourages an explotative game mechanic, which allows you to be a total asshole? Contrary to popular belief, WoW is not entirely filled to the brim with assholes. There'd be an awful lot less raiding if there was.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Ulsfark said:
aeonite said:
Ulsfark said:
I think its funny you say he isn't funny considering you watch that "Yahtzee" dude (what kind of name is that anyway)who has some of the worst humor I've ever seen, hell I could do a better British accent than him. And saying machinima has been done before is like saying books have been done before, same old words, different story. Nyhm has talent, more talent than a guy with a second grade sense of art and humor, British accent, and a headset. The tagline should read "First Grade reviews with a hint of idiocy"

And who said that the video was meant to be funny, it was parody of a song for god sakes.
The inanimate stone troll under the Fremont bridge in Seattle could troll better than this.
I don't troll at all, except for this one time simply because you wankers have your heads up your ass and can't respect good talent.
Oh. The irony hurts.

Ulsfark

Dec 28, 2007
marmot said:
I don't quite understand why some people have said that you won't get it if you don't play WoW. If so why the hell is it being posted on the Escapist? This is a website/magazine/thing that focuses on the whole gaming community, not on one game, no matter how popular it is. If you post on the escapist then expect it to be read by people who don't love WoW to death.

Regarding the video itself, I couldn't get past the first minute. It uses a song that pretty much everyone was sick of hearing a month after it came out. From what I heard it had fairly poor lyrics delivered equally badly and it used a game that half the worlds fan videos seem to be made on. While the directing and timing didn't seem bad it didn't make up for the fact that the rest of it was poorly executed and the whole thing seemed to lack any kind of originality.
Because they came to Nyhm and asked him to do one for this horrible "magazine"

Formidable

Dec 3, 2007
TheDarkArchon said:
As for the video: For hardcore WoW fans only.
Yes very true, I've been out of WoW for a while now and had very little idea what he was talking about. Still, got a chuckle out of my old raiding crew! =)

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
seifersan9 said:
cobble75 said:
seifersan9 said:
nyhm if u bother to read this comment board dont worry they all play everquest lol
Everytime I read a post by this clown I get a little bit stupider.

Good job on taking all the negative comments Nyhm. You movies are definately for a specific group and not a broad audience. If you arn't playing or a fan of wow this video has nothing for you.
well im surprised i could do that to u cobble since u already had a -69 I.Q. butim happy to do so but dont blame me when u try to eat that rat poison
... You just made cobble75's argument even stronger.

J-Val

Nov 7, 2007
I didn't find it bad.
It's not the greatest thing since Blackadder reruns, but it definetely doesn't deserve the ire and hate you people are throwing at it. It may not be insanely funny, but it is amusing.

And for those of you who watched it for five seconds and then immedately typed "BULLSHIT!" on this thread, I'd reccomend seeing the whole thing through. It gets better as it progresses, and you really have no right to say something is crap when you haven't seen it through.

Besides, at least Nyhm actually put some effort into this, rather than just throwing random and rediculous adjectives everywhere and calling it wit.

Danimal3K

Dec 5, 2007
Wow, I'm amazed at the amount of negative feedback this video received. I found it a funny and ridiculous little diversion and have viewed it several times. It's some white guy rapping (badly) about ninjaing loot in WoW. I figured the escapist's fanbase in particular would have found this entertaining. Huh.

Yeah, the lyrics are pretty bad but I kinda think that's the point. I wouldn't subscribe to this guy on youtube or anything but hell, it wasn't a god-awful video.

vashasm

Dec 26, 2007
Not only is this thread filled with negative comments, but the admins have deleted some of the most insulting posts.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Alright, everyone is saying it's God damn awful, but personally, I rather enjoyed it.

In a corny way.

Danimal3K

Dec 5, 2007
~~Yeah, so this thread has made me pretty much completely lose interest in the Escapist. Not only does it piss me off every time I come back expressly to search for this funny little music video, but it thoroughly paints the fanbase as ignorant and close-minded sycophants who are too busy dangling from Yahtzee's balls to check out anything new.

~~NEWS FLASH for the two people who will actually read this: The guy produces crappy clip-art videos in an annoying British accent that I'm sure take about eight minutes to make and defecates them directly into your brains so you all can log on just to post: "omfg, yatzee roxorz and is so funny and right about everything." Listen, the dude just cashes in on the well-known knowledge that bad review = funny, while teasing that his videos actually take a whole week to produce. Copywritten music and redundant analogies, I'm sure those take at least six of the eight minutes.

~~The asscapist should publicly apologize for their readers' treatment of Nyhm. Give the poor bastard a break- oh wait, it's WAY too late for that. The Escapist: discouraging aspiring artists anyway they can.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Danimal3K said:
~~Yeah, so this thread has made me pretty much completely lose interest in the Escapist. Not only does it piss me off every time I come back expressly to search for this funny little music video, but it thoroughly paints the fanbase as ignorant and close-minded sycophants who are too busy dangling from Yahtzee's balls to check out anything new.

~~NEWS FLASH for the two people who will actually read this: The guy produces crappy clip-art videos in an annoying British accent that I'm sure take about eight minutes to make and defecates them directly into your brains so you all can log on just to post: "omfg, yatzee roxorz and is so funny and right about everything." Listen, the dude just cashes in on the well-known knowledge that bad review = funny, while teasing that his videos actually take a whole week to produce. Copywritten music and redundant analogies, I'm sure those take at least six of the eight minutes.

~~The asscapist should publicly apologize for their readers' treatment of Nyhm. Give the poor bastard a break- oh wait, it's WAY too late for that. The Escapist: discouraging aspiring artists anyway they can.
So, you're saying that we are not intitled to our own opinion, but that we are fanboys of yahtzee... Thanks for giving that insight...

Really, not everyone enjoyed it, and there are people who state why they didn't. Not because of yahtzee, but because of the shallow humour that i understood.

Also, i think writing a review does take more time than a few minutes. You have to go over points that you either critique or love. And try to describe that feeling. He's also doing that weekly, if you haven't noticed, so he has a tight schedule there already.

But really, if i look at it as being something of quality, it does fall short on the humour. Mainly because only people that played the genre he's talking about is not the most loved genre of the escapist's community.

Also, saying that the escapist people that work for this website, made YOU lose your interest is not true. It's the community of the escapist that did it. You can still find someone who has kind of the same interests as you in this website, but try to keep an open mind that people will disagree with you here. Now i know that digressed, but keeping an open mind is better for this kind of website.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Lanowar said:
That was pretty hideous I mean WoW music videos rarely work the only one I saw was "I Am Murloc" but that was was done by Blizzard for there conventions.
I have seen a christmas in dun morlogh (or some crap like that) by the Pure Pwnge crew and that was pretty funny.

better then that crap.

Xeladon

Jan 12, 2008
I actually enjoy Nhym's videos, yes there are some areas I would enjoy being done differently, but thats OK to a point I suppose. But for an actually mind blowing WoW music video would have to be "I'm So Sick" by Baron Soosdon.

Edit: http://www.myndflame.com/Movies/p803_sectionid/12/p803_fileid/125/p803_js_on/1
I guess the smart thing to do would be to actually link to the video, huh?

Though I suppose this is simply my opinion being flexed, but take a look at the video, before you pass judgement, and as you do so, all I ask is that you state in a clear, concise manner:

Why?

Granted this is my first post, but I've been laying around for a while.