Is this the first poll?

• Total voters

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

No, I'm still not sure why I had this on my list of potential reviews.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Interestingly, Heat is a remake. The same person or persons behind it tried making the exact same film some years earlier, with less talent, time and money, and it was rather forgettable.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
That music definitely helped to make that one of the most...well, not satisfying, exactly. More like it felt like the very natural way for the movie to end.
It’s a tragic ending, but you get an emotional catharsis from it because McCauley doesn’t die alone even though the man with him in his last moments is Hanna; his ostensible enemy. But they get each other, choice of money making ventures aside, both men see experiences and the understanding those experiences bred in each other. Having the girl be by McCauley’s side would have not have had the same effect.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
AGGRO DR1FT (2024)

Harmony Korine making an 80 minutes movie about a Miami hitman in infrared vision and AI imagery that's meant to emulate the cinematography of PS2 video game cutscenes for his company "EDGLRD Productions."

I'm done sanctioning this mans buffoonery. Just play Hotline Miami instead.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Interestingly, Heat is a remake. The same person or persons behind it tried making the exact same film some years earlier, with less talent, time and money, and it was rather forgettable.
Sort of: it was called LA Takedown, and I think it was actually a pilot for a TV show.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
I moved recently and this was the first film I've been to in the new town's cinema. And the cinema was a disappointment. Flat floor for one and the audio was closer to a big tv in a living room than a movie theater. But the movie was good. I was rolling my eyes in the beginning with Furiosa's mother, as the fashion model playing her doesn't sell the role one bit, but thankfully the child actress is fine and of course Taylor-Joy is terrific.

Anyway, the movie stands thematically in a weird sorta place, as Furiosa does hold a tangible ticket to paradise over other people of the Wasteland. Dementus can babble on as much as he likes, but Furiosa will always stay uncorruptable, because she can escape it all.

Reactions: gorfias

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Jungle Cruise

Heard this film was bad, but started off ok, with the prologue and some nice stylised jungle. Then we met our main characters, and...oh, right, I get it now. They get better, though, but it's an uphill struggle. Emily Blunt,The Rock, and implied-but-not-stated gay comic relief are just really not funny, despite hitting every cliche they could find.

The CGI jungle looked nice, if not that realistic.

Also, in the end, they go back to Europe with a flower petal which has the power to cure all injuries and disease and lift all curses. I would have thought this would be a hug deal, but apparently the implications aren't worth mentioning.