Disgruntled Anonymous Faction Maliciously Attacks Anonymous

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Angus565 said:
Theres a good story to be written here...
I mean we'll need to exaggerate a tad, a few gun-fights maybe a car chase or two, but still an interesting story.
Or just do it "tron" style. That'd be the way to get the most action in it and not loose too many who have no idea about the whole thing.

I think this could get out of hand with us all being potential collateral... I mean us sat here discussing it is kinda something to draw attention to ourselves.

Hopefully they'll just fragment because this is every anon "member" vs the rest of anon since no one knows eachother or the alegences (in theory).

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
This was kind of bound to happen...
I'm not a fan of anonymous, but I do feel bad for all those random (possibly innocent) anonymous members.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
See, the whole concept of Anonymous is pretty messed up. They want an amorphous blob of an entity with no rules, no hierarchy, no organization. They want to be a concept, not a tangible thing. And yet they fight each other over what being "anonymous" means or whatever, and as soon as an operation goes down it becomes a group. Anonymous wants to try to have their cake and eat it to, but I can't really see Anonymous winning out in the end.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Organizations (and make no mistake, Anon is in fact an organization) evolve over time. The development of some sort of leadership is only natural. Going against it is fighting a losing battle.

Jumplion said:
See, the whole concept of Anonymous is pretty messed up. They want an amorphous blob of an entity with no rules, no hierarchy, no organization. They want to be a concept, not a tangible thing. And yet they fight each other over what being "anonymous" means or whatever, and as soon as an operation goes down it becomes a group. Anonymous wants to try to have their cake and eat it to, but I can't really see Anonymous winning out in the end.
It's not that messed up. If posmodernism is right, that's kind of the way for future forms of organization. Lacking an ideology to follow, common ground among self-interested people is all you got. And you can't expect stability from that.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Well, this won't end well. The power of a mob can be strong, but this is what happens when you rely on someone unknown.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Jumplion said:
Well some anon will have to win, considereing it's anon vs anon.

But I do not get the fuss. Just ask the Almighty Moot for advice.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
The way this is going, it sounds like a rebel faction trying to take down the leader of their country, only for one of the rebel leaders to go rogue.

I'm staying well away from this but I'm grabbing some popcorn and watching the fireworks from a safe distance.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
okay, if they're going to go about having names and having "factions"

I really wish they'd relinquish "Anonymous".

It's just romanticism bullshit at this point.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Figures. They try and make a "leaderless" collective and then a guy tries to take control (either way, someone was attempting to seize power here). I just hope this tears their organization apart. I've been getting quite sick of them and their support of GeoHot.

Mxrz

Jul 12, 2010
The people behind "AnonOPs" were starting to feed their own egos with PR and stuff. The whole SonyOPs thing was never popular with everyone (esp these guys that revolted, apparently), so they decided to try and break the whole thing up, with the hope that people would splinter off and go back to being truly anonymous, and not constantly trying to get PR, attract idiotic script kiddes to irc, etc. The guys that did it gave a pretty up front interview.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
I'm reminded more and more about animal farm... Everyone is equal, just some are more equal than others.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
anyone else reminded of
Portal 2? Like, Anonymous was GLaDOS, and this splinter group was Wheatley, and both Chell and GLaDOS agree that this new threat is a common enemy and must be stopped?