Disgruntled Anonymous Faction Maliciously Attacks Anonymous

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
*facepalm* God. It's like they're LARPing, on the internet, about conspiracy theories, in real life, on the internet. Pass the booze and the popcorn.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Plurralbles said:
okay, if they're going to go about having names and having "factions"

I really wish they'd relinquish "Anonymous".

It's just romanticism bullshit at this point.
Actually, Anonymous is like the physical embodiment of the Internet: immature, powerful and steeped in irony so complex, we can never tell if it's self-aware comedy or just idiocy.

I, for one, welcome our new Anonymous overlords. Whoever wins this fight.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
danpascooch said:
Daystar Clarion said:
cursedseishi said:
I guess you can say Anonymous...
*slips on shades*
doesn't know who it is anymore...
Have this.

http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

You deserve it.
Why is my college hosting a picture of sunglasses? And how do you know about it? Do you go to RIT!?
I didn't click on the glasses the first time because I didn't think it was a link to something else.

After revisiting and attempting to click (noticed the blue star logo), I nearly shat my pants...

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Funny to read about anyway. The way this has been written up makes it sound as though all the members of anonymous should be wearing sharp suits and shades, carrying a gun and refering to each other simply as 'Mr Smith'. Then you realise its just a group of guys sat at their computer in their mothers basement.......still its entertaining.

KiraTaureLor

Mar 27, 2011
FaceFaceFace said:
This sounds like an epic tale of political intrigue and in-fighting. I've never liked anonymous, and I wonder if those released IP Addresses will result in any arrests. Whatever the outcome of this specific schism, I think this may result in major splintering of anon in the future, and possibly even a complete collapse. One can hope.

Even if those IP addresses are released, the FBI can't make arrests unless the IP addresses are linked to an attack or illegal online activities. Besides, any entry level hacker can easily disguise themselves as bots, and roam anonymously online.

Just thought.

I never respected or took Anon seriously from the beginning, because they seemed to do more trolling than actual actions that benefited their "cause"

We need a new Anon.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
It's articles like this that give Anonymous their power. If you ignore them, they'll go away. If you report on their actions in this manner, they think we all love them, instead of realising we think they're all dicks.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
this reminds me a little of 'wanted: weapons of fate' :p

bad guy vs bad guy's

Daystar Clarion said:
Have this.

firsthttp://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

You deserve it.
son of a *****! you nearly broke my fucking ear drums!

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
In response, an AnonOps operator named Fontaine will send in a covert op named Jack to unknowingly take Ryan and his associates down! Would you kindly hack their servers?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
danpascooch said:
Daystar Clarion said:
cursedseishi said:
I guess you can say Anonymous...
*slips on shades*
doesn't know who it is anymore...
Have this.

http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

You deserve it.
Why is my college hosting a picture of sunglasses? And how do you know about it? Do you go to RIT!?
Which RIT is that because I know someone that goes to an RIT.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
To all of those people that argued with me that "Anonymous" is not an "organization..."

I rest my mutha fucking CASE.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
And now Anonymous is trying to have it both ways. They want to be anonymous, but they also want to form groups that direct operations. It doesn't work that way.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
Having just come off watching Unskippable, Ryan should probably go by the name 'Prometheus'.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Fox242 said:
Figures. They try and make a "leaderless" collective and then a guy tries to take control (either way, someone was attempting to seize power here). I just hope this tears their organization apart. I've been getting quite sick of them and their support of GeoHot.
Yeah, how dare those arrogant fuckers stand up for a guy getting scapegoated for something he didn't do just so some corporate suits can set a precedent that they own physical items in your house and that post-purchase EULA's trump national laws.

Seriously, read up on something before you condemn it.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
IndianaJonny said:
"The only way to make things safe is to make users aware how insecure it is," claims Ryan thinq_ [//www.thinq.co.uk/2011/5/9/exclusive-anonops-splinter-group-speaks-out/]
So basically, we're all sat down eating our popcorn to a rerun of Die Hard 4.
I wonder if there will be swearing this time. Yippie Ki-Yay!

OT: What I wouldn't give for a short clip of "Silent Movie" right now - namely the movie lobby scene.