Disgruntled Anonymous Faction Maliciously Attacks Anonymous

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
Dastardly said:
What he's been getting at, it seems, is that Anon claims to be this leaderless "for the people" rightsmongering organization... but really, it's an elite club addicted to the publicity and illusion of power. This Ryan, thinking himself a "true believer," is outing them because they're not staying true to the supposed vision of Anon.
The bit I found most interesting is how small that list was. Looks like Anon really isn't as big or as far-reaching as they think they are. I know that was only AnonOps and probably only the named users but it looks like AnonOps only really represented the opinion of about two hundred people.

Fancy that.
Seems like a really good reason to remain "anonymous"--it allows you to make unassailable claims that you represent a gajillion people. What? A gajillion people aren't raising their hands in support--well, it's only because they want to protect themselves, of course!

It's like trying to win a dispute by claiming God is on your side. He's not going to pop his head in and say "yay" or "nay," but somehow people act as though being the first person to claim this automatically puts the burden of proof on the other person.

If you want to do bad things for fun, and you want to keep your identity hidden, that's one thing. But if you are claiming to represent the interests of "the people," you'd better have some accountability to those people. Even our "evil" politicians and CEOs and FBI... we can call them by name, we can vote them out or stop buying their products or take them to court if we feel wronged or misrepresented.

But Anonymous? If we feel misrepresented, all we can do is say, "Nuh uh, I don't support that." To which they can just say, "See? Everyone's too afraid to openly admit to supporting us. That's how badly we're needed."

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
mechanixis said:
Anonymous, or, "Why Anarchy is Bullshit."

Dastardly said:
(And before anyone says it, yes, there is a structure. Yes, there is a 'vision.' No, they are not an ever-changing conglomeration of concerned hacktivists. It's a group of punks with a power trip, and an ever-changing conglomeration of pranksters that follow them around to feel important.)

Neither Ryan nor Owen are being honest with themselves. This is entirely about feeling important, and you get used to that feeling over time. That means even Ryan will find himself starting do pull stunts (like, oh, this one) to make sure that others know how important he is, rather than for any "cause."
This this this. It's kind of frustrating that Anonymous continues to get so much reverent media attention, when they really only exist to groom their own vigilante image. They're a lot less badass than they boast.
Indeed. Anarchy only works if you can enforce a particular idea of what "anarchy" looks like. And most of the time, working toward anarchy involves shutting out (or shutting down) the people who disagree with your view of things. In other words, it requires enforcing a personalized hierarchy on everyone else, demanding that they subscribe to it.

Sounds pretty rigidly structured to me. You know, for anarchy and all.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TOTALLY CALLED THIS. Anonymous attacks Anonymous because Anonymous is annoyed with Anonymous' actions... I CALLED IT.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Warnolo said:
Ey guys!
guys!
listen for a second!
guys!
guys!
what if...?
Just a second.
What if sony made the massive hack to himself so they could blame Anonymous and start a civil war inside?
OH GOD.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Looks like that Ryan guy is a douchebag and a dramaqueen! Exactly the kind of admin that a bunch of DDoS'ing apes with their own "ZUPER SEEKRET" website deserve. Also, I laughed at the IP address leak thing. Hell, if anyone was performing illegal activities using their home's static IP address, they should be in jail for sheer stupidity.

Ecliptica Wolf

Apr 20, 2011
All great civilisations destroy themselves from within, the same appears to be true with Anonymous. If you can call them a civilisation.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Called it. Knew that someone would take offence at the seeming increase in organisation of Anonymous. Sadly, the way he's going about it is simply an ego trip. We'll end up with opposing factions, and the spirit of Anonymous will be lost, and it'll just become another dull political group.

Which will be targeted by the next generation.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
It could be possible that the government, is involved in try to get them to have a civil war with eachother in oder to take them down, cant say I wouldnt do the same. But I definatly support Anon and hope they resolve this.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I wonder if it will sprawl out into other websites not really involved, I also wonder how long this civil conflict will last. More importantly I wonder how long I can keep stealing everyones popcorn without them noticing...

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
I don't think Anonymous even exists. It's just a bunch of keyboard warriors in forums using the branding.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
anyone ever play table top RPG eclipse phase?

cause this was practically prophecy by it. Only that game figured we'd have to wait until internet itself was fully decentralized first, and we are still about a decade before that happens.

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Inevitable, this "insubordination" was bound to happen sooner or later. Anonymous organization is like the mythological hydra, but the heads do not follow one master. Thus when arguments and grievances surface, the razor sharp teeth never far away.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Time to sit back and enjoy the show.

Hey, does anyone else notice the sortof rise of big hacker attacks? First PSN, and now this.

Jou

Dec 9, 2007
I have the perfect scene for the opening of this movie. A guy sitting at home and a lot of cars pull up to his house. All of the sudden 20 different pizza guys walk up to his door, to deliver a pizza he didn't order. The anonymous wars have begun.

Btw, that would be a great idea cause you could slip in advertisements in there for coke and pepsi and dominos and pizza hut. This is brilliant!