Disney Acquires Lucasfilm

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Does anyone else see the sick irony that the EU is beating the shit out of Microsoft for making internet explorer a default browser on its OS, but nobody seems to be raising an eyebrow while Disney buys FUCKING EVERYTHING?
Disney is one of the largest and damn near most monopolistic corporations in the media. When they're not dukeing it out with Dreamworks, they're buying up everything that might compete with them, or stamping down hard on anyone who refuses to be bought out.

This.
Has.
To.
Be.
Stopped.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Uhhhhh.... Yay...?

With Lucas pretty much bowing out of making new properties, and LucasArts apparently refusing to put out anything that isn't related to the Star Wars cash cow, it's hard to see that a new owner couldn't be an improvement. Certainly Disney seems to have done a reasonably good job handling Marvel and its properties.

Not entirely elated with the idea of new Star Wars movies, though, whoever's at the helm. Fool me once...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
On one hand I'm totally fine with this - It's not like Lucas was ever gonna make Star Wars good again. On the other, Disney seems to be monopolizing big companies at a scary rate. And at this rate Disney really will own the world one day.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
well...color me intrigued. The idea of new films with writers and directors that aren't Lucas is a fascinating prospect. Considering how many current filmmakers were influenced and inspired by Star Wars it'd be interesting to see who they could get on those projects.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Actually with Marvel being the awesome/good movie factory that it had become soon before and after the Disney purchase I actually have complete faith in this.

Lucas has been trying to recreate his vision of Star Wars the same way a psychotic plastic surgeon would ever since he released the first movie. Sticking a little bit on there, cutting away this, that and this. Now sow it all together. Voila! The remastered editions!

With Disney in charge we might actually get a full retcon. Start the entire thing over, maybe tell a different story on the big screen rather than just in novels.

Either way. Disney can't do much worse than Lucas already did.

Heck forget Lucas Film. They are also buying the GAME LICENSES!

Just think about it. All the old games that could be revived from the ashes.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Well, any direction is better than George Lucas' direction. Maybe they'll remake episodes 1-6. Then it will feel like one thing instead of two separate projects... Or it'll make star wars feel like three separate projects...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
BreakfastMan said:
arc1991 said:
BreakfastMan said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Well, there goes the Expanded Universe.

On one hand, Star Wars 7. On the other hand, what will it be about?

If it is the Thrawn Trilogy, all is forgiven, but since it won't be, I'm terrified.
Hey hey hey, the Yuuzhan Vong saga would be awesome too! Honestly though, I doubt they will do anything that they would have to bring back the original cast for. Because of that, they will probably do something in the future, after the Luke and friends have died, which leaves that movies ripe with possibilities.
Maybe following Leia's Kids? Can't remember the names, Im sure Harrison Ford could make a cameo role as Han, same For Mark, they don't have to do much tbh.
Certainly a possibility. The boy becomes evil, if I remember correctly, which would add a good conflict. Then, there is also the whole "Anakin Solo is the chosen one" thing going on that could also provide some good possibilities. :p
Yup, im actually really excited!

Disney have done a good job with Marvel, so really, im not worried, and will make a judgment when we see the cast and the trailers etc.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Well, I'd be concerned, but I saw what Disney did with the Avengers movie. And I believe it's widely known by now what went wrong with the prequels. Without George Lucas in the director's chair I'll give this one the benefit of a doubt. Just imagine a new Star Wars or Indiana Jones movie where the production crew knows their material like in the Avengers movie...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Diablo1099 said:
Hey, If Disney uses their Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, VAST Resources and get some of the Marvel Studio People involved...

It just might work.
Robert Downey JR. as a Sith Lord.

Make it happen.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
what? what? what!
This is what happens when I stop paying attention for a minute!

On the other hand does this mean we'll get some closure on the who Force Unleashed storyline?...
Didn't think so

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I guess this means we are going to continue with more Star Wars movies that are all about magic and space samurai, huh?
Yaaawn.
I'll stick with my original trilogy, thank you very much. Where no one gave a crap about Jedi.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
arc1991 said:
Diablo1099 said:
Hey, If Disney uses their Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, VAST Resources and get some of the Marvel Studio People involved...

It just might work.
Robert Downey JR. as a Sith Lord.

Make it happen.
Relevant picture is Relevant.