Disney Acquires Lucasfilm

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
I totally don't like how Disney is eating up every other company and getting bigger and bigger?
I find it scary anyways.

As for StarWars: I hope good things will happen. But I also see grave danger :<

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
As long as we don't get a Spin off with Jar Jah as his own main character, i would be really upset.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Diablo1099 said:
arc1991 said:
Diablo1099 said:
Hey, If Disney uses their Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, Vast, VAST Resources and get some of the Marvel Studio People involved...

It just might work.
Robert Downey JR. as a Sith Lord.

Make it happen.
Relevant picture is Relevant.
O.O

it's beautiful...

Disney...let this happen! (i know it wont but a boy can dream...)

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
Ne1butme said:
Two families, both alike in dignity.
One, the Minions of Lucas, t'other
Scions of Disney, Locked In Business's
Warm Embrace. Ooo Fair Lucas, Oft Driven
mad by images of Gungans. And Fair Disney,
Flush with Assembled Currency, but unbowed.

Like Henry at Agincourt, From this Day
til the ending of the world, Thy few,
THY HAPPY FEW. THY BAND OF BROTHERS!
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
2015 creeps up this petty pace from film to film
Until the last syllable of the opening crawl
And all our yesterdays have lighted fanboys
Their way to shitty prequels
Out, out brief quality
Lucas is but a sitting shadow
A rich director that blues or greens his "special effects" onto the soundstage
And then is active no more
It is a property sold by an idiot
Full of Industrial Light and Magic

Signifying nothing

seriously dude, awesome avatar - i was watching that night and was all like "wwhhhaaaa"

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
N3squ1ck said:
I totally don't like how Disney is eating up every other company and getting bigger and bigger?
I find it scary anyways.

So do I.

An empire bent on monopolizing the entertainment industry, it is. Stifle competition it will. An alliance of rag-tag rebels to stifle stop said stifling we must form.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Ldude893 said:
N3squ1ck said:
I find it scary anyways.

So do I.

An empire bent on monopolizing the entertainment industry, it is. Stifle competition it will. An alliance of rag-tag rebels to stifle stop said stifling we must form.
Pardon my English lol, I really should have read that again, sorry I am not a native speaker and it relativly late.

But I'm glad I am not alone feeling kinda nyeh about it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well there already Star Wars related rides in Desney World so it shouldn't be that much of a suprise. Well as long as George is not too much involve in Episode 7 it could be good since the Star Wars universe is vast.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
This is one of those new pieces i couldn't believe at first.

I wasnt sure id see more star wars films in my lifetime, and certainly didnt expect there will be the disney logo presenting the film.

At the very least, expect tons of star wars-disney crossovers!

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
N3squ1ck said:
I find it scary anyways.

Yeah, this is definitely good news for Star Wars, bad news for the free market. lol
It's like in just two years Disney took over Asia, Africa, and North America in a game of Risk. And what happens when they finally cover the whole board? Game over, man. Game. Over.

Calling it now: they go after Nintendo next.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
Well my thoughts:

If moviebob doesn't say a thing about this, hes failed us.
Oh boy now the fans will complain more...
What the heck will these new films cover?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Phuctifyno said:
N3squ1ck said:
I find it scary anyways.

Yeah, this is definitely good news for Star wars, bad news for the free market. lol
It's like in just two years Disney took over Asia, Africa, and North America in a game of Risk. And what happens when they finally cover the whole board? Game over, man. Game. Over.

Bigger shocker: they acquire EA.

One evil empire added into an even bigger, somewhat-less evil empire.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
Ldude893 said:
Phuctifyno said:
N3squ1ck said:
I find it scary anyways.

Yeah, this is definitely good news for Star wars, bad news for the free market. lol

Bigger shocker: they acquire EA.

One evil empire added into an even bigger, somewhat-less evil empire.
Eh, they're probably all already owned by one guy anyway, and they're just tossing crumbs to the pidgeons slowly.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Wow, this is a surprise that came out of nowhere.

But only 4 billion?

Looks like George Lucas is looking to retire. I wish him well. The guy worked pretty hard (regardless what you think of his story telling and directing) the last couple of decades to create Lucas Film, Lucas Arts, ILM ... etc, contributed quite a bit to the film industry.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Hm?

Consider me intruiged.
It'll be interesting to see what they'll do with this franchise. It's in dire need of more capable hands, and maybe Disney can provide it.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Im feeling like I should have a strong opinion about this... I'm just not quite sure what it is yet.

Bloody unexpected though.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
This is just beyond horrible....

(From the BBC News article)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

"In a statement announcing the purchase, Disney said it planned to release a new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015.

That will be followed by episodes eight and nine and then one new movie every two or three years, the company said."

*facepalm* so Disney will just grind out more and more Star Wars movies until its like every other played out franchise out there.

The worst of it is Disney homogenizes everything, they took a well-loved English series of books...Winnie the Pooh and made it almost unrecognizable, even getting rid of central characters and replacing them with 'more relevant' characters of their own creation. Guessing they will do the same with Star Wars too

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
A decade ago I would've gone "NOOOOOO!!!"

A few years ago I would've been merely shocked and horrified.

Now I'm just surprised. Lucas has run the franchise into the ground. Disney can do no worse (please don't prove me wrong).

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Holy shit, that was unexpected. I thought that even death wouldn't be able to separate Lucas and Star Wars.
I actually do want to give Disney a shot at the franchise. No idea what they'll do with it but it can't get any worse, right guys? Right?

Anyway, now I have to go and watch the movies again.

No wait, now that I think about it. Could the Star Wars universe be part of Kingdom Hearts 3 now? Can I please have a Lightsaber Keyblade and fight alongside Luke? In that case I wouldn't mind the long wait for the next game at all.