Disney to Buy Marvel Comics

Nov 5, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
Oh this isn't that bad, Disney owns lots of companies that produce very non-Disney products. Look at Miramax. No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood were both made by them. Same with Kill Bill.

Here, this is the list of all the companies they already own:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney
Seriously, I don't understand the whole overreaction to the news. It's not like Spider-Man will turn into a flower loving spider that plays chess with Mickey.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Abedeus said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Dale Cooper said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
News posts =/= forum posts. We have editorial guidelines.
Wow, you certainly know how to take a joke.
You'd be sadly surprised how many people express the same sentiment seriously.
Especially when they use a winky smile.
Eh. I err on the side of informing, just to be certain :p

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
SilverHammerMan said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Of course, this could be good, maybe Marvel comics will go semi-mainstream now and become available OUTSIDE of specialty shops.
Awesome pic.

As most people are saying, it could be a good thing for marvel, they will have a lot more money.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
/FACEDESK /FACEDESK /FACEDESK

Is the Universe back to normal now? No?

/FACEDESK /FACEDESK /FACEDESK

How About now...?

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
Seriously, I don't understand the whole overreaction to the news. It's not like Spider-Man will turn into a flower loving spider that plays chess with Mickey.
Would it really do any damage to Spidey's street cred if he did? I mean you can't get more annoyingly Whitehat unless you go for Cap or Supes. That could work actually...Disney could remove all the shit and drivel into a separate "Marvel Kids" style section of the company and let Marvel do what we really want from Comics edgy humour and a wanton disregard for property damage.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats total bullshit! Why would they let them do this! Why god why! *cries softly to himself*

No...

no...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Oh this isn't that bad, Disney owns lots of companies that produce very non-Disney products. Look at Miramax. No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood were both made by them. Same with Kill Bill.

Here, this is the list of all the companies they already own:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney
yeah that is true enough

there is also the fact that DC has been owned by Warner Brothers for the past 40 years and they are still doing ok

i'll wait to see what they do with it

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Finally! Now I can have my dream crossover come true: "Donald vs Howard: No Pond for Old Ducks."

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
This may make the hypothetical Kingdom Hearts 3 somewhat more interesting.

My sole experience with Marvel comics and characters is through the films and the games, so I'll wait and see how much Disney will influence them before I pass judgement.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Good news for Marvel Stock holders. Maybe they can have access to the Disney Imagineers so that the Thor and Avengers flick will have a cool ride made. I just hope the dreck that was Punisher:Warzone was just an aberration and not a sign of things to come.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
This might be a good thing: only time will tell whether being owned by Disney will change what Marvel does or how they do it. In the meantime, at least they have a strong financial backer.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Darkwing Duck brought back and having some ties with the Marvel Universe. Maybe this thing works both ways and such a thing can happen. If not, a man can dream can't he?

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Wow, I never saw that coming. A cross-over I'd like to see would be a fight between the jonas brothers and hulk. HULK SMASH!!!!!

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Dale Cooper said:
Use the search bar ;) I beat you to the punch... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.135790
You do realize that a news room post beats any other "news" post. Plus, it's your post. Your's is a simple copy paste while there's is more professional.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
I wish I had the coherence to go on a rant, but I don't. So I'll settle for this;

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Wait, let's back up a little bit here. Are you telling me that if they ever make a Kingdom Hearts III (and oh, they will), we're now facing the possibility of seeing a universe with characters from Disney, Square, and Marvel?

Okay, I don't know if I should think that's kind of cool or if I should be outright horrified. Now I feel dizzy and I'm going to go lie down...

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I don't blame Marvel really. Who wouldn't want 4 Billion dollars, not to mention a hefty stock price. I wish I would have had money when I saw Marvel at $14 a share 3 years ago. *sigh* I told everyone to buy it but I didn't have the cash. *double sigh*