Disney to Buy Marvel Comics

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Dale Cooper said:
Use the search bar ;) I beat you to the punch... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.135790
You do realize that a news room post beats any other "news" post. Plus, it's your post. Your's is a simple copy paste while there's is more professional.
First of all, it was a joke.

Second of all, read there's and the CBR copy/paste I did. It is clearly just a rewriting excerise like you get at school 'rewrite this in your own words.'

I don't mean that as an insult, well maybe to the person I am quoting.

Asciotes

Jul 24, 2009
would I be wrong in assuming that this really won't change the comics that much? Sure yeah it seems like Disney is trying to take over the world, but still, I doubt Disney is going to make the comics more family friendly.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Ugh, this is the kind of corporate news I hate: companies merging for the sake of merging.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Spider-Man is a secret character in Kingdom Hearts III!
This is all I heard in the news post.

But seriously, I'm having second thoughts here, unless Pixar is put in charge of the Marvel division.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
The first thing I thought when I read this was:

X-men + Toy Story = ??

I'm still stuck on what the reaction would be to the result.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
[img/]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/453086-ma__hulk_no__14_cover_by_david_nakayama_super.jpg[/img]

Ok, hulk is pissed.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Tch, things owned by disney tend to either get very good or very bad. Im going to reseve judgement even though my inner fangirl is going (like most of you) : NOOOOOOOO!

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
OOOOOH AWESOME!! Now Disney execs have a whole bunch of new characters to shamelessly and tastelessly exploit whenever they run out of cocaine.

Ever since I was a kid I have been proud to say that Disney can go fuck itself. Nice to know somethings will never change.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
*sniff*

I'm fine. I have something in my eye, that's all. [sobs] ...I have something in my other eye. [sobbing] I have something in my heart..

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Unless this ends with Deadpool decapitating Mickey Mouse at the Epcot center, I have a really bad feeling about this.

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :mad:

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
well i don't read any comics at all, but all i casn sayh is that when i compare marvel films like spiderman(s) x-men and dare devil to watchmen dark night and batman begins i can safely say that even if disney do murder the franchise i wont give you a shit shovels worth of a damn

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Wow, I missed the part where Pulp Fiction was all kiddy. Disney got the rights to Miramax just before that was released, so it must be!

Seriously people, get the fuck over it. All this means is that Marvel gets more funding and easier access to new contacts, and that is a good thing. Or is it just the principle that Vincent and Jules could (by the logic I'm seeing in this thread) team up with the Punisher to take down Mickey Mouse?