Do american's dislike canadians?

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Yeah them no good Canadians are always up to something evil! nothing good ever came at of the frozen wasteland to the north! I know their emperor lord Bacon is gonna pull a sneak attack on Poland any day now! those crazy frost-backs must be stopped! Hitler, Stalin, snoop dog, Hitler junior, and Justin Beiber all have one thin in common THEY ALL CAME FROM CANADA!

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
lovest harding said:
90% of the time, the U.S. doesn't even acknowledge/remember/care about Canadians.
When we do it's usually just to make some random joke. At this point, we treat Canada like a state. When we want to mention something specific we make fun of it. Otherwise, it doesn't exist.
At least that's how I see the U.S. treat Canada.
I come from a small state (Iowa), so it's how most of the U.S. treats my state as well.

EDIT: I see Canadians as European Americans. Meaning they're more respectful and just all around better composed while not seeming foreign (which is a great win when you think about it, I mean for some reason being seen as foreign in a country full of foreigners is bad). xD
Unless it's an election year. Then there's some serious Iowa state dick sucking going on.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Nope. I don't hate myself. Interestingly, the few people I genuinely don't like either A. are immigrants, or B. want to leave Canada.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I'm really hoping that the OP didnt see my post about the deadpool movie and take that seriously.

oka, narcissism over.

Anyway, its not hate. Its a joke. America is a lot liek Britain in that regard. we'll be complete and total dicks, but its usually just us making jokes.

Duatha

Aug 9, 2011
I am indifferent about pretty much every country, honestly its a stereotype brought on by western movies, and tv shows.

Estoki

May 25, 2010
Why would anybody ever hate Canada? We're the leading supplier in both maple syrup and milk in bags!

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
I'm American and I think of Canada as the U.S's brother on the top bunk of the bed, you have your country your way, and ours are way, but where still 'brothers'.

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
silversnake4133 said:
It's not just Canadians that Americans hate. And I think it's terrible that they do. But then again, I'm one of those people that hopes one day people will stop being so damn ignorant and just get along. I've never really met an actual Canadian outside of the internet, but the few whom I have spoken to are quite enjoyable to be around. So no, I don't hate you guys.
What U.S. are you from? i've never ever heard any genuine hate for Canada from an american.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Never heard of any racism towards canadians in the states. I have never liked any of them I have personally met, but that does not make them a bad people. Your friends probably ran into some assholes, that's all.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Actually, I really like Canadians. I've met a lot of cool people from their. I have to admit though, I love the joke-hate of Canada. Just arguing with people about our respective birthplaces in a joking manner is rather fun.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
At least around here, it's a common thing to crack jokes about Canadians, but it's all in good humor. I live in Washington and we get quite a few Canadians(a good amount come down for college and such) and I have yet to meet one I have had an issue with.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I only hate it out of envy. "Nice healthcare Canada. I wish we could have it here."

Spoken with absolute truth, but almost too much sarcasm.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
I don't think they hate us, and God knows they make more Mexican jokes. But I 90% percent of Canadians hate America. I'm not kidding either. Americans: Don't like Canada because Canada does NOT like you. They think you are all idiot, illiterate pigs that always make fun of us. I don't hate you though, my mom is American and I have duel citizenship. So I can speek for both sides.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
No, you guys give us a lot of really good comediens/ comedy actors. Plus: I love Feist and the Arcade Fire.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Well, a former girlfriend of mine is canadian, and so is a friend of mine, so I don't hate canadians personally (just specific ones).

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
aba1 said:
Now I am not saying all americans are prejudice or anything of that nature but its more of a question of whether it is uncommon or not to have american people activly disliking anything canadian or anyone canadian taking part in there society?
Don't be ridiculous, we love you guys. Even if we make fun of you all the time.

We have a saying here in America, "No one beats up my little brother but me". Canada is absolutely our little brother. Or top hat. Either/or.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I know us British only hold Canada accountable for one single atrocity..

Now if you apologise for Bryan Adams we can all move along.

I'm joking people.

(Disclaimer - I have to put the joke part at the end, you would be surprised the amount of people take an obvious joke post incredibly seriously).