Do folks recognize you?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I remember users by their avatars, and as such I can think of several 'faces' off the top of my head. That's how I am in real life, too. It need to know someone for a few days before their name finally sinks in, but I remember faces with great detail.

I think people around here will probably recognize my avatar, since I get a lot of people telling me it's awesome. I rather doubt they'd recognize my screenname, though.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
I recognise certain people. Not the person above.

Also, I guess one guy who I was messaging would recognise me, though ive had a name change since then.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I recognise a handful of people with unique avatars whose posts I see regularly (Marter, ThreeWords, a couple of others) but mostly the sheer number of people on here makes it difficult.

Then again I haven't been on here as regularly lately...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I've recognized a few people but not the person above. I recognize the guy several posts up because his avatar of face melting made me stare a bit the first time I saw it.

Edit: I didn't get the post out soon enough the actual guy above me I have seen before.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
I....don't recognise you. Then again I don't recognise 95% of the people on here. Despite my post count and such, I'm not around these forums very much, I haven't felt that integrated with any of you guys so I'm kinda sheepish about being part of what is clearly a very large ongoing involved community.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Jonluw said:
I just realized Furburt needs to pop by here, to see if we have forgotten about him already.
He's gone dark lately, hasn't posted since October I think

OT: I don't know, I recognise most of the peoples avatars in this thread. I've been around for along time and I've never changed my avatar apart from in various seasons so I would be surprised if no one recognised me

[sub][sub] and my massive ego will deflate[/sub][/sub]

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Jonluw said:
I just realized Furburt needs to pop by here, to see if we have forgotten about him already.
Actually, I know he posts in Asylum open mic sometimes, just found that out today.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Nope, don't recognize you either. Well I did see you like 1 minute ago, but I don't count that. But it seems like some people recognize me, I guess my avatar is... hypnotic. YEEEEEAAAAH!!!

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I doubt anyone would recognize me except perhaps a few R&P regulars.

I recognize a few posters in this thread, mostly from animé related topics and user groups.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
The Rockerfly said:
Jonluw said:
He's gone dark lately, hasn't posted since October I think

OT: I don't know, I recognise most of the peoples avatars in this thread. I've been around for along time and I've never changed my avatar apart from in various seasons so I would be surprised if no one recognised me

[sub][sub] and my massive ego will deflate[/sub][/sub]
I recognize your avatar.
Best of the 3 said:
Jonluw said:
Actually, I know he posts in Asylum open mic sometimes, just found that out today.
Yeah, Furburt went off to a forum of his own making.

I didn't know he still posts in the asylum though.

Edit: I recognize you as well, Imperator_DK. You're one of the few I recognize the name of.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
LordCuthberton said:
These threads never end well...
What? Why?

This far, we've had a lot of pleasant people exchanging compliments and hugging. This is going very well.

Edit: I don't recognize SirBryghtside, which is weird, considering his post count.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Unfortuantly not.
I bring nothing special to this website, except awesome death stories >.>

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
I don't recognise any above me up until Lord Cuthberton (who, I do, surprise surprise). I also doubt that many people at all will recognise me.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
I recognize some high-profile members, but I don't really know how much of a presence I have (although it's most likely much less than I think it is).

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I tend to remember people by their avatars, and your cow doesn't look familiar to me. Sorry.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
LordCuthberton said:
Jonluw said:
What? Why?

This far, we've had a lot of pleasant people exchanging compliments and hugging. This is going very well.
I have seen enough of these to say confidently that this thread will not end well, as every thread similar to it previously has had unpleasant repercussions.
In what way, pray tell?

With knowledge of what threat is posed to the future of this otherwise cheery thread, we might be able to avoid it.