Do folks recognize you?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I've seen you around before! Not the first user who comes to mind when I think of the Escapist, but I definitely know you.

Then again, it's hard to find someone who I haven't seen; y'know, since I actually pay attention to who says what, and remember it.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
GrinningManiac said:
Jonluw said:
Greyfox105 said:
Awww, I thought you meant in real life, in which case, I could have happily said "no", and faded back into the shadows >.>
Although, this seems kinda like the Forum Game "How well do you know the above poster".
Oh, and I've seen Squidden's avatar before, that is about it.
Well, the forum game was the inspiration for this thread. I just wanted to try a different twist on it.
S'not a twist, it's just the exact same thing but where you want to be the one everyone remembers. Might as well have called the title "LOOK AT ME, have you looked at me yet? Good, now the rest of you play the How Well Do You Know The Above Poster game"
To be frank, I only intended for the next poster to be referring to me. The rest were only going to be commenting on the user above.

I still hold that telling people how often you see them is different from telling them how much you know about them. For instance, I saw Hubilub around a lot, but I didn't know anything about him.

And please try to keep a pleasant tone. I like the vibe this thread has going, and I wouldn't want it to be ruined as per Lord Cuthberton's predictions.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Fraught said:
I've seen you around before! Not the first user who comes to mind when I think of the Escapist, but I definitely know you.

Then again, it's hard to find someone who I haven't seen; y'know, since I actually pay attention to who says what, and remember it.
Yay! Someone knows me, awesome.

Honestly, with a meager 1500 posts (most of which aren't really rich on content, either) I didn't think anyone would recognize me.

Extasii

May 22, 2009
Yeah, I haven't seen quite a few (if not most) of ya much at all haha. Then again, I tend to just read articles.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I'm invisible, no knows who I am because I'm a master of illusion.

And sorry to the guy above, but you're not familiar to me.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Erecting a Sentry said:
At most I think people when they see me think "I've seen him post before"

Also wheres that Furburt guy?
Last I heard, he'd killed a man in Berlin. He's on the run, laying low. He broke into my house in the middle of the night, cold and hungry. I hadn't seen him for months. I gave him clothes and a packet of raisins

That was three weeks ago. No sign of him since then. The grapevine tells me he's in Berlin again, back to finish the rest of the drug ring off...

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
Recognition? *****, please.

I've only been here over two goddamn years.

So, yeah, the only people who recognize me are those who I have personally chatted with, most of whom have left the site.
I do recognize you, and I don't think we've ever actually exchanged words.

Sorry, GrinningManiac, but I don't really recognize you.

And no, I highly doubt anyone remembers me. I don't post often enough for that. Maybe one day, in about five years when I get my Neo...

But yeah, I'm pretty obscure right now.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I'd probably recognise more people if I ever looked at their names but I only look at their avatars and their posts. So I recognised most people here.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Jonluw said:
GrinningManiac said:
Jonluw said:
Greyfox105 said:
Awww, I thought you meant in real life, in which case, I could have happily said "no", and faded back into the shadows >.>
Although, this seems kinda like the Forum Game "How well do you know the above poster".
Well, the forum game was the inspiration for this thread. I just wanted to try a different twist on it.
S'not a twist, it's just the exact same thing but where you want to be the one everyone remembers. Might as well have called the title "LOOK AT ME, have you looked at me yet? Good, now the rest of you play the How Well Do You Know The Above Poster game"
To be frank, I only intended for the next poster to be referring to me. The rest were only going to be commenting on the user above.

I still hold that telling people how often you see them is different from telling them how much you know about them. For instance, I saw Hubilub around a lot, but I didn't know anything about him.

And please try to keep a pleasant tone. I like the vibe this thread has going, and I wouldn't want it to be ruined as per Lord Cuthberton's predictions.
Tone's a tricky thing to convey, so I'll tell you right now I'm not happy about these kind of threads, but I wish you the best of luck in managing it

Far be it from me to question Cuth's knowledge. Guy's been around.

Still a blueblood Tory towel, though :p

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
HK_01 said:
Fraught said:

Yay! Someone knows me, awesome.

Honestly, with a meager 1500 posts (most of which aren't really rich on content, either) I didn't think anyone would recognize me.
If you think no one will recognize you...if you think no one else really will...and if you can find that person...maybe you will come upon...me, Fraught!

No, seriously, though. I recognize probably, like, 97% (ftw randomly pulled-out-from-one's-ass numbers) of the avatars on this site, and a lot of the usernames too. It's a curse, I tell you! A curse! I've other stuff to remember on top, but sometimes something just slips between the cracks (okay, maybe a bit more than just "some", but they're usually things I, personally, don't care about).

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
GrinningManiac said:
Jonluw said:
GrinningManiac said:
Jonluw said:
Greyfox105 said:

Tone's a tricky thing to convey, so I'll tell you right now I'm not happy about these kind of threads, but I wish you the best of luck in managing it

Far be it from me to question Cuth's knowledge. Guy's been around.

Still a blueblood Tory towel, though :p
Well, the tories can be decent people once in a while. Jeremy Clarkson for example. Sure, he's a conservative, but he's a funny man :p

Myself, I like these kinds of threads. Look at the first five or six pages: We were having a real nice time with the hugs and all. This isn't the place to discuss whether we like these kinds of threads though.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
There's a lot of Escapists I recognise, some more than others...most I will recognise them by avatar but sadly don't always remember their names :C