Do you believe in Aliens?

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
I believe there are definitely aliens, if by alien you mean life-form. Perhaps even some in our solar system.

I believe there may be other intelligent lifeforms, but given the vastness of space-time, I doubt we will ever know them from our travels or theirs. If they do exist, it would be an incredible coincidence for them to exist at the same time as us and be close enough to us to bother visiting for reasons other than colonization I figure.

One idea I rather like tho is that humans ARE aliens, deported from our home planet for crimes against alienanity, and left here. Earth is sort of an alien prison colony. This wouldn't explain the links to us through evolution, but would explain how so many of us find it easy to be jerks ;) I don't really believe that tho, I just find the notion quite amusing.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Must... resist... urge... to make... Fox.... Mulder... reference...

Yes.
Damnit! That's the second one this week!
OT: I believe that there's life elsewhere in the universe, but not little men in flying saucers.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Now I ask this question because of the recent little discovery of some bones, if you want to read it then le here you go:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114324-Peruvian-Scientists-Discover-Alien-Corpse

The questions fairly simple: do you believe in Aliens and do you believe that they have visited earth?

As for me, yes and yes. Aliens are something I love and I would die if we were actually visited in our life time. Do I think that will happen? Nope. Who would want to visit earth? A planet that surprisingly hasn't blown its self up yet and will attack anyone of minor difference. If there was a Advanced race out there I wonder what they would say about us.

Also, if there was one question you could ask a Alien what would that question be?

For me, it would be: Are we the only other advanced life forms you have discovered?
Anybody who doesn't believe in aliens is being stupid and anybody who thinks aliens have visited earth is also being stupid.. The simple truth is we live in a universe where it would be mathematically impossible for alien life to not have developed somewhere but the chances of us ever making any contact is hugely unlikely.

lordtec

Feb 3, 2010
I believe they exist, but I don't think they have visited earth. The universe is just to big for that.

A question to ask an alien. I don't know, something like "Why haven't you done the universe a favor and killed us the moment you met us?"

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
enzilewulf said:
Tom Templeton said:
Yes. It's a big universe. Like, really big. Like earth is a marble in a massive lake. Jut cause aliens haven't bothered to say hello doesn't mean they don't exist. Though i'd probably ask it if I can ride in the mother ship. That'd be fun.
I would go with more the earth is a marble in the ocean, and marble might be a little to big
K. The earth is like a grain of sand in the vast desert that is the universe. Desert... Sahara? That's pretty big, right?

Gecko clown

Mar 28, 2011
Aliens definitely exist, even if they're just single cell organisms or bacteria that still counts. Aliens, probably, haven't visited earth yet. As for the skeleton there was a lot of inbreeding going on in ancient Peru what with villages being so far apart, that probably had something to do with the head size. That or its a con.

StarsintheBlood

Oct 12, 2010
It's stupid to think we're the only ones in the universe, so yes, aliens exist. Whether they're bacteria or little grey men, they're out there.
Have they visited? Sure.

Different planets with different environments can have whole different evolutionary processes. They can also have materials that our Earth could never produce, making advanced technology that could contradict our perceptions of science... at least in theory. But yeah, it's (theoretically) possible that aliens exist and are able to do all that crazy stuff. So why not, is all I'm saying.

jaketaz

Oct 11, 2010
Why would ours be the only planet with intelligent lifeforms? That just seems so unlikely.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, for when the right chemicals are present.
Live is inevitable.

And besides, the aliens are coming anyway...
And they don't speak English.

Thetwistedendgame

Apr 5, 2011
Well, considering that the universe is infinite, and planets finite, the chance would be next to zero, considering that dividing a finite number with infinity always ends up with almost zero. Meaning that your existance is highly unlikely. Thank you Douglas Adams.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I'm not going to say Aliens exist. But I'm not going to say Aliens don't exist. If life exists on Earth, what's stopping life from being anywhere else? Though I'm not going to believe any conspiracy theories and such unless I see actual proof. As in, with my own eyes.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Course aliens exist. I seem them around Home Depot all the time.

Ba dum cha.

As for E.T. Aliens. Nope. I've yet to see any proof that there's life on other planets and refuse to just take it at face value. Same way I don't believe in Ghosts or Demons either.

Course, it doesn't help that most "I DONE SEEN DA ALIUMS!" are people just trying to hawk some shitty book. Though I do get a laugh outta the guys who claim that they were abducted by Aliens and had sex with them and the couple of guys who were on Penn and Teller's Bullshit claiming that George Bush and Dick Chaney were really space Reptiles in disguise.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Mathematically I believe. The universe is simply to vast for there not to be other life in it. Be it an advanced space fairing race or simple microbes.

In reality though. I don't believe in them. The hundreds of thousands of UFO sightings are all unbelievable cause one of them would of made contact to a large amount of people. Which would of made them believable to have visited. But cause it's only that one guy in the woods or a field, desert. It's just all lies. Theres only so much they can learn from anal probing anyways.

Yes Tinenc, lets hear your testimony about the aliens!

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
in general? yes
do i believe that there are currently existing aliens in this time? unlikely
have they visited or even found our galaxy? nope

it's funny to see so many people citing math
because math is the one saying that there are aliens and also that they never visited us^^

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I do believe in the potential existence of aliens, but I stop listening as soon as someone mentions the Greys or the Zeta Reticuli or whatever. I doubt they'd visit us as we're essentially a backwater planet and I hope for their sake that they never do.

Mostly because most of us are fearful and raging bigots who'd froth with excitement at the thought of re-enacting Roland Emmerich's Independence Day without provocation. I'd add a super macho cry of "AMERICA!" just to drive the point in, but the fact is that some Canadian idiots I know of would be just as likely and willing to go and blow themselves up against Commander Zlarg's photonic discharge shields for Queen Victoria.

TL;DR: we'd either annoy the aliens to death or they'd finally decide to blow us up out of annoyance. "Jeeze, shut the Hell up about your God and Jesus and shit! WE HAVEN'T SEEN EITHER OF THEM, FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME!"

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Thetwistedendgame said:
Well, considering that the universe is infinite, and planets finite, the chance would be next to zero, considering that dividing a finite number with infinity always ends up with almost zero. Meaning that your existance is highly unlikely. Thank you Douglas Adams.
That's false.

1:If the universe is infinite in size and age then there are infinite stars and the light from those stars has had infinite time to reach us thus the night sky would be as bright as the day.

2: If the universe is finite in size but infinite in age then again the light from all those stars would have had infinite time to reach us and we would be able to see every single star that exists.

3: If the universe is infinite in size but finite in age then there would be an infinite amount of stars shining towards us and again the night sky would be lit up like the day.

Thus the universe is finite in size and age.

This is a simplified version of the reasons why the universe is, using our current understanding of the universe and assuming the known part of it isn't unique, considered finite in age and size.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
There's most likely some sort of life out there in the universe, and considering how vast that universe is, some of it is probably what we would call intelligent.

Whether or not they've already visited our planet... mhmm... unlikely.