Do You consider yourself a recognized forum member?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I'm a familiar face around here.
But there's been another person insisting on using an 8-bit white mage avatar that's made people confuse me for them, to my chagrin.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Distinctive avatars stand out alot more than names for me, but then I recognise timelord both for the name and the cool doctor who gif, but I doubt anyone recognises me. :)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I have absolutely no idea if I'm recognized or not.

The way I recognize people is generally by their avatar although sometimes I do recognise a name as well.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I don't know, you tell me.

I think most fame I could acquire kind of gets shaken off every time I change my avatar. Many people have told me though that my name is really recognizable though.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
I don't think so, I don't think I post enough to be, and there's too much members here for that.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
Not at all. I've been a member of this site for a little over a year, and lurking the forums for even longer, and still have a post count in the double digits.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
I remember the people that annoy me.
or are cleverer than I am.

Then I know who to avoid so as not to be irritated or beaten in an argument. :p

As for myself, I sincerely doubt if I'm known or recognised by anyone. I don't post too much, and never anything interesting. :/

MrDeckard said:
I don't think anyone [i/]knows[/i] me, but I have had my avatar recognized a few times...
Oh I remember your name, not your avatar. :)
Mostly because I remember I kept reading you as "Mr Pickard" for some reason... :/

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Nope, no I am not. BUT, I believe my avatar is not all that forgettable.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
There may be a few people who recognize me, but I don't think I post often enough to really be a familiar face.

Aug 25, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
MelasZepheos said:
MurderousToaster said:
I think that my avatar is memorable enough that people would probably think that "Hey, it's that idiot I saw with the dancing Conan O'Brien avatar!". I've also been on the site's forums longer than a lot of others (but still shorter than a lot, too), even if my post count doesn't really reflect it.

That said, it'd sort of be nice to feel recognised.
Is that who Conan O'Brien is? Wow.

Anywho, I think some people know me (or my avatar, same thing really) but I wouldn't consider myself well known in the same way that, say, TimeLord is well known
I just recognize you as the critical focused angry mouse.
I don't know if that's a compliment...

What exactly did you mean? Right now I'm just a confused mouse.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
If someone knew me then I'd be surprised. But I'm not really after forum popularity, just a talk with people who aren't idiots like gamefaqs or steam forums.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Nope. I suspect a few people would recognize my avatar. That's why I'm cautious as to changing it. Nobody would remember me if I just stopped posting though, really.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Soviet Heavy said:
MelasZepheos said:
MurderousToaster said:
I think that my avatar is memorable enough that people would probably think that "Hey, it's that idiot I saw with the dancing Conan O'Brien avatar!". I've also been on the site's forums longer than a lot of others (but still shorter than a lot, too), even if my post count doesn't really reflect it.

That said, it'd sort of be nice to feel recognised.
Is that who Conan O'Brien is? Wow.

Anywho, I think some people know me (or my avatar, same thing really) but I wouldn't consider myself well known in the same way that, say, TimeLord is well known
I just recognize you as the critical focused angry mouse.
I don't know if that's a compliment...

What exactly did you mean? Right now I'm just a confused mouse.
You think critically, I've seen you play Devil's Advocate a couple times, and your avatar is a grumpy looking mouse with a pipe.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I lurk significantly more than I actually post. I recognize a number of other posters, though.