Do you date outside of your race?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I'm half Chinese and half English. I've dated a japanese girl and two different white girls so not really? Sort of, maybe?

Aris Khandr said:
Going to be brutally not PC here: Black girls do nothing for me. Even the "But Not Too Black [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButNotTooBlack]" ones. Not to say that they aren't pretty, they just don't push my buttons at all. I have dated girls of every other ethnic origin, even having a strong preference for Arabs who aren't much lighter. Just a combination of skin tone, facial features, and hair texture that really turns me off there.
Don't worry about it, a lot of us have racist penises.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Well I'm one of those forever alone types, so I don't date. But the last girl I had a "thing" for was black. There was also an Asian girl who had a thing for me not long ago. So I'm not against the idea it's just you know forever alone.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
___________________ said:
Yup. Doesn't evolution work that way anyway? Why would I want to fuck with something that looks like me? If they have things I lack then I want them more than the others. Genetic diversity is what we have to strive for.
Whilst biologically it makes much more sense to reproduce with someone with different genes to you, studies suggest that psychologically we're drawn to and bond easier with people who look like people that we have grown up feeling safe with and loved by. In a nutshell, many people are attracted to people who remind them of their parents, even if it's on a subconscious level. And unless you're adopted your parents are probably gonna look quite a bit like you. (This is reliant, of course, on you having a good relationship with those parents.)

I mostly learned about this on TV but I'll throw a couple of web links in anyway -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/sep/03/psychology.humanbehaviour
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070613071240.htm

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Not yet.

That is to say I've never really dated anyone at the moment.

But there are more than enough guys outside my race who I am attracted to. So I am more than willing to date outside my race.

I've been willing since almost puberty really.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I don't know. Dating is such a weird complicated miasma of a term that I have no fucking clue.

I have gone on dates with females that aren't my race... does that count?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I've only ever dated white women, not out of choice but that's how the cookie crumbled. I'm open to dating women of any race, I'm completely okay with that. The opportunity has just never presented itself, is all.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
More often than not in terms of total partners, but in terms of total relationship length, not as much. (One very long relationship is skewing the statistic)

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
I'm about as white as you can get and am dating a black girl right now.

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
I married someone who grew up on another continent speaking a different language. It can be challenging, but it's also interesting.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I dated a girl that was a 100metre sprinter. I did 500metre so we wernt compatible. :)

Thats lame i know. I will date anyone thats smart, that i can have a conversation with. Intelligence is sexy and a turn on. Bubble heads are fine, but you wouldnt want to marry one.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
Sure, I suppose.

I had a "thing"(in lack of a better word, complicated story..) with a guy who's half Egyptian half Latino.
But my current relationship is with an other white person.

I find all sorts of people attractive and have not found it to be restricted to or even favored by any one specific "race".

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Dango said:
lRookiel said:
I don't date at all...

Obligatory
I fall into this camp.

Dating sounds fun :/
Yeah, it's fun, but expensive. Also, awkward if you haven't done it before. Unless you are a smooth operator, it is GOING to be awkward for the first few dates.

As for me, all but one of my girlfriends have been of a different ethnicity. I find that I now prefer foreign women over women from my native land. It's mostly the accents I find sexy. My top three would be Russian, Cockney english and Korean, in that order.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
If you're asking whether I have, nah. Where I live it's pretty much all white folks anyway, trying to date someone of another race would be like trying to catch a shiny pokemon.

At uni, though? It could be on the cards...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Mmm. Well, technically I don't date.

But... Taking into account who I've been involved with in any capacity, (I'm a white european. (very white if you consider my actual skin tone.) 3 different varieties of such at the least, but whatever)...

I've so far had some brief encounters with an indian (asian indian, not native american), and a black british man. (Seriously though, he may have been black but his accent and behaviour screamed middle-class british person...)
I've also briefly had a few things with an assortment of white Australians...

Now, honestly, I really kind of hate the black guy I'm talking about. But that's because he was a selfish asshole that for all intents and purposes raped me.
That has nothing to do with his skin colour though, just that he was an asshole.
Same could be said of at least one of the Australians really...

Uh... Maybe there's a reason I don't date... >_>

But in any event, to answer the actual question, I don't care. Assuming I did date anyone to begin with, I really wouldn't care what race they were.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Well, all of my girlfriends have been white, but I wouldn't really have many qualms about dating outside of my race. That said, I don't really find black women or Indian women particularly attractive, although I'm sure there are exceptions out there and obviously there are a lot of other factors other than appearance. I do find Asians- Chinese, Japanese etc girls attractive (but not like those weird people that have fantasies about Japanese schoolgirls).

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
I don't see any reason why I wouldn't want to. I've been attracted to men of other races all of the time. However, being a man that's into the men kind of limits my dating options significantly. Combine that with the fact that my province is very white dominated makes it rather unlikely that I would find a non-white gay person that I share compatible personalities with. If it happens it happens but the chances are rather slim in the area I'm living in.

To put things into perspective I only know two non white people well enough to consider them good friends. And they're dating each other. (They're Chinese if you're really wondering.)I'd be open to the idea but it just doesn't seem like something that'll ever happen given the circumstances.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Wraith said:
I am currently dating a half-black, half-white girl.
You mean like those people from Star Trek?

....Sorry, I know you mean biracial, but it's funnier my way.

OT: Yes, but I don't exactly have a robust history. Probably doesn't hurt that I'm in one of the whitest states in the US.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I haven't, but I don't have a very long track record.

In case it could happen, I wouldn't mind dating someone from a different race...