Do you ever talk to yourself?

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
yea, i talk to myself all the time, and yes, i am quite insane, not padded room insane, but there are definitly things about me that just arnt right
and life is good
it sucks, but is good

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
The only differance between thinking and talking to yourself is the latter is more clear and easier to understand.

Theraz

Jul 8, 2010
I talk everytime in my mind but I never speak at normal volume.Hell I don`t share my feelings anymore because let`s just say I got burnt a couple of times, and yes it feels pretty good to have yourself to talk to in time of need.

Chogg Van Helsing

May 27, 2010
yup, coz it means i can keepm myself company, and it means my friends can't be snide, ocz i talk as if im someone else so am snide to myself before they can be! lol

Cresscendo

Feb 24, 2010
i do, it really helps to hear some ideas out loud before i act on them. sometimes things in your head sound much better than when they are vocalized lol

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
I do quite a lot. I've been the only person in my flat for the last 2 months so my only conversations have been with myself and my rat.

ARatherHandsomeGent

Jan 24, 2010
Yes, all the time, sometimes in public. It just makes great discussion, and helps me analyse a subject. And I spend a lot of time by myself, so I'm usually the only company. I am sooooooo not insane.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Sometimes. If I'm playing a game or doing some work that requires more of a plan, then I talk to myself. I talked to myself a lot when playing the original Splinter Cell.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I don't tend to talk to myself about emotions, but I have to give myself directions and commands all the time, otherwise I forget what I'm supposed to be doing.

Also, I talk to my inanimate objects in French.

o_o

(It's good practice...?)

JIst00

Nov 11, 2009
All the time, I'll mutter to myself, considering a problem or something, helps me think straight sometimes, or to remember stuff.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
J03bot said:
Frequently, but not loudly enough for other people to hear. The worrying part is when I start offering different opinions to myself, which devolves quickly into an argument...
That happens to me too. Sometimes I wonder if I have two persons inside of me.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
poiumty said:
I don't talk to myself. I probably did it once, but as far as i remember, it was damn creepy and i won't do it again.

I do talk to no one in particular a lot though. Normal volume and all that, just imagine a random listener and dump my thoughts.
I think that's what he means... not schizo talking to nobody, just what you do. :p

And I do it too. :L

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
reggaerae said:
Vet2501 said:
I do quite a lot. I've been the only person in my flat for the last 2 months so my only conversations have been with myself and my rat.
Ouch

Maybe I should clarify. It's not like I haven't left the flat for 2 months, I've had to do a research project this summer, but beyond those 9 hours in a lab 5 days a week it has been just me.