Do you fear death?

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
Its better than the alternative.

Even if I somehow enjoy the first 1x10^100000 years, I doubt i would enjoy the 1x10^123454231902467124398 years after that, and the 1x10^12348947 millenia after that.

Death is much better than eternal life, so I don't fear it. If I couldn't die then I would beg for it so I see it as a mercy.

I don't want to die yet, tho.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to die yet. I enjoy life too much.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
No, if anything I fear being maimed or injured to the point I'm a vegetable or just totally screwed for the rest of my life. If its quick I'd be more at peace with it than say being attacked by a bear or some shit from SAW.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
I do not fear Death, Death fears me. Honestly i could not give a shit about dying but i have no intention of sitting back and letting it come take me (bit contradictory i know but i have a messed up sense of logic), if death wants me so bad he can bloody well work for it like the rest of us

The Electro Gypsy

Aug 10, 2010
Everyone has a natural fear of death, that keeps them pressing onwards. Personally I'll embrace it when my time comes, if only because I'm interested what lies on the other side.

Personally I like to believe (extremely loosely) on Norse Mythology, at least that's interesting :p

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Don't fear death. No reason to. I'm comfortable in what I believe happens when the physical body dies.

The implications of my death, they worry me a bit. I have a few friends here who need me around, and I don't cherish the thought of leaving them.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
I like death. Death is actually really really comforting to me.

I have always contemplated on what happens after, but I've always figured - Afterwards; if there's something there, it'll be awesome. If there's nothing there, I won't be around to notice.

People have met death and returned, and every society - since the beginning of time, there has been an afterlife; and I have always believed in an afterlife, so I'm not upset about that...and if I'm wrong - who's gonna point it out? :p haha

So when fate plays your card - you have nothing to fear unless you've wasted your life.........or were evil.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Nah. I like living, but I don't fear death. I mean, I won't even know that I don't exist.

Bordersane

Aug 25, 2011
Its not death that I'm afraid of, but the way in which death will occur is what concerns me. How will I die? Its the pain and suffering that scares me.

Cyd0n1a

Jul 15, 2009
If anything, I fear that my death would be premature. I do not fear death itself, it'll just see me being as I was 200 million years ago, non-existant. And there's nothing terrifying about that.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Nope. Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!

Also, Robot Bodies. Seriously, it's happening.
You are intelligent, you are compatible. You shall be upgraded. No longer will you fear death or feel emotions. You shall be given the ultimate upgrade.

Once I saw that we both have the Cyberman badge I couldn't resist.

OT: Right now, yes of course. If I found out tat I would die soon I would be afraid and think it was before my time. Maybe when I am really old then I won't fear death. Right now I do.

Tyrant T100

Aug 19, 2009
Life is a trivial thing, we are all animals after all, I just hope it's quick and as painless as possible.

Fat4all

Aug 6, 2011
The fear from death is the fact that we know we are going to die while we are dying. If everyone was guaranteed the fact that they would die in their sleep, not in an accident and not shot or murdered, then I don't think we would worry about it nearly as much.

Of course, after we die, we won't have to worry about anything, as there would be no conscience anyways.

My only worry about death is how I would be found dead, the shock of a family member or friend finding you dead.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I don't want to die. Living is too interesting. I'm curious about it, but I'm not going to run headlong into it. The main thing that scares me about death though is that I'll be forgotten. I'm not about being an attention whore, but It just seems to unnerving that I'll be forgotten.

Captcha: Alsoyd alone. >.>

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I live to make choices and to watch the ebb and flow of the world around me change as I play for it the rhythm of my life, and sing to it the ballad of my plans and thoughts, my will reflected in the ever changing and reforming dance that is my short transition through this realm.

So, no good sir, I do not fear death, as it is not within my power.
One loses much potency when they fall to fear, and when one puts stock in any event that has not happened yet, especially one of great uncertainty of time, place, or result, they live with a fear in the back of their mind, ever threatening to pop up and take away their peace and focus, and thus cause them to fall.

Jul 31, 2009
I read the title and immediately pictured the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest.

"Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished? I can offer you... an escape."

If I could choose between life imprisonment (actual life not just like 21 years), or death. I'd choose life imprisonment. We'd like to think we'd rather die than rot in a cell. But really, death is worse. It just is.