Do you feel like your posts are insignificant?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I hope the creator of the thread at leats shows enough interest so that he reads the posts of his own thread so I post if I think I have something to say that might matter.
As you can see I am a mediocre poster.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
AbstractStream said:
CarlMinez said:
I just post when I find myself disagree with all other comments. That's when I feel that my opinion needs to be stated^^
Looking at your post count, it seems like you disagree with a lot of comments xD
I'm not sure if I agree with that.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
No.

Obviously if I'm going to take the time out of my day to respond to a thread, everyone in that thread is going to read my post.

That's how it works, right? You're all waited with baited breath, wondering when I'm going to post again. And when I do, you all flock to read the genius piece of prose that's in front of you.

Right?

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
draconiansundae said:
...and I find this to be very off-putting, generally, which is one of the biggest reasons why I avoid posting on all but the most mundane of topics. Like this one.
Another reason I forgot to list was that I tend to find "internet discusion" has pretty much become synonymous with arguement.
And I find conflict to be counter-productive.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Certainly do, but I post anyway and try my best to mention something different because I get a little joy out of it.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I post everywhere I want to, no guarantee anyone will read any of my post; even if it's the first one. But there we go.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
Marter said:
No.

Obviously if I'm going to take the time out of my day to respond to a thread, everyone in that thread is going to read my post.

That's how it works, right? You're all waited with baited breath, wondering when I'm going to post again. And when I do, you all flock to read the genius piece of prose that's in front of you.

Right?
Yes. Yes we do.

OT: Yeah, my posts probably aren't read by anyone usually. But now that I've quoted someone I'm sure they'll read my post. Haha! I've tricked someone into reading what I have to say by pretending to be interested in what they have to say. (Unless of course Marter only reads the direct reply and ignores the OT bit. Drat!)

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Blue Hero said:
Nope. My post is the most significant post in the thread. Anyone that says otherwise is maybe a liar and maybe an alcoholic.
It's true.

Also, if you feel like your posts are insignificant don't post.
If you feel you have something genuine to add, do post.
It doesn't matter if someone replies to your specific post.

Mar 9, 2010
I've posted in the first few pages to never see the thread again and I've posted on the 75th page and had 5 people quote me, it's always different. I post whenever I have a thought or an opinion that will add to the thread in the smallest amount, whether it has an effect is completely irrelevant to me.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Edd4224 said:
kman123 said:
Of course my posts are insignificant. Threads are a little more, but still. near 6000 posts and maybe 20 of them have had more than 10 direct replies.
It's always a nice feeling when you see that message :)
Except when, in a moment of madness, you made a post that runs contrary to the mood of the rest of the forum and you know that reply is going to be yet another rehash of the same counter argument you've already responded to several times (except you did so on page 7, not page 2, so noone read that far.)

It's nice to get replies, but when this has happened to me I usually give up on the thread after the fourth or fifth response that replies to my first and clearly hasn't read any follow ups.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I rarely post on the Escapist. The discussions are either untouchable (when the thread hits page 5), the same thing all over again that I am tired to see or about games I've yet to play.

And I truly hope no one quotes me because that means that I either offended someone or I've sparked an argument.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I was going to post here, but then I saw that the thread was already on the third page. Not really any point now.

Hurr hurr.

Okay, seriously? No idea. Most of what I post is pretty dumb (see above). But people quote me all the damn time, so apparently some poor sods are reading it. (Not that I'm complaining, for some reason that little red message notification goes straight to the pleasure center of my brain.)

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
I usually post as long as there's less than five pages. And as for the significance of my posts, most of the time my posts are insignificant, however I have made a few important posts.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
I post if I don't think my response is going to provoke someone to start an argument with me. Not even a debate, but if I think I'll get yelled at, I won't post. As you can imagine, I lurk in the Off-Topic areas a lot where general questions are asked... stuff about favourite foods, stuff about your life in general... easy shit to answer that no one gets mad about. I dislike confrontation, even of the meaningless, internet variety.