Do you get angry when called a ginger?

Officer Crayon

Mar 12, 2010
For the most part, i don't mind being called a ginger. However whenever it is being used in genuine hate towards me, i feel deeply offended.
Is this the case for all gingers? or do you mind being called ginger in all circumstances?

edit: probably too late now, but i don't mean hate as in a hate towards gingers, but when, in an argument they call me a ginger. it is then that i feel offended.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Don't give a shit like! Never really been called it though even though I am. Maybe it's because of my aura of awesome?

Yes.

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
"Ginger" as in having red hair? I don't mind, I like having red hair.

Why would anyone hate because of red hair? What am I missing?

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Never happened to me. Doubt I'd care if it did. As far as I can tell, if that's the best insult somebody can come up with, then they're pretty close to brain-dead, so why should I care what they think?

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Im more blonde than ginger but when people call me ginger I cant say it affects me in the slightest and to be honest I dont think Ive met any ginger people who get affected either.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I'm just frustrated with it because of the whole South Park thing. Foofin' tired of getting called names in general, and people assumed this whole episode of south park made it okay to start generalizing a group based on hair colour/skin tones, I guess.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Never been called "ginger" as an insult before so nope...I didn't even know gingers are supposed to be soulless spawn of satan either until recently...recently being year or so...I also got freckles.

Never insulted for that either ;)

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
Only when people use it with -er at the end. I do let my friends call me a ginga though :D lol jk

In all seriousness its just one of a million nicknames that I've had. Red, Raggedy Andy, Rusty, Ginger, daywalker, albino man, not to mention all the nicknames I have since my last name sounds very close to that of an old 80's movie...

I really dont care as long as people are joking. Some I dislike more than others, but its just harmless fun so I dont let it bug me

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Officer Crayon said:
For the most part, i don't mind being called a ginger. However whenever it is being used in genuine hate towards me, i feel deeply offended.
Is this the case for all gingers? or do you mind being called ginger in all circumstances?
I am having trouble believing that there are so many people who really feel "genuine hate" towards people with red hair. Facetious or joking hate, maybe, but not "genuine." It's just trendy to call someone a ginger right now. I thought it was a term of endearment for a while, considering all of my friends jokingly called the redhead among us a ginger. Soon I realized it was supposed to be some sort of insult (though a very pathetic one, at that), so I just started to make it more obvious I was using it in jest.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
I don't get how word "ginger" can be offensive. Is "brunette" offensive too?

I hate it when normal words become offensive because of some retards and then I cannot use them and if I do I'm perceived as rude.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
AnnaIME said:

Red hair and freckles. Gingers without freckles are apparently "sunwalkers."
OT: I am not red haired, so I wouldn't know.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I don't mind being called it (My MSN name is GinjaNinja), but I hate when people think that it's some sort of insult. I often walked passed people in secondary school (on lower years mostly) who'd just simply go "Ginger!", to which I respond "Congratulations, you have eyes".

I was getting mocked about my natural hair colour from a 3 year younger kid who looked like a donkey.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
AnnaIME said:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s09e11-ginger-kids

Ah southpark? Who would unclever middle schoolers steal jokes from if you didn't exist?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
SquirrelPants said:
I'm just frustrated with it because of the whole South Park thing. Foofin' tired of getting called names in general, and people assumed this whole episode of south park made it okay to start generalizing a group based on hair colour/skin tones, I guess.
Isn't it terrifying when people emulate South Park as though it is serious?

In my experience, though, I have never heard anyone make any insult over someone's red hair. In fact, I've seen more people covet it.

Of course, I get to hear the "N" word being used straight-faced by many people around here, so yeah...

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Depends, if this is a friend saying it in a jokingly offensive manner then I may act deeply offended or respond with my own (light-hearted) insults.

If this is someone attempting to bully me or get to me in some way (like I had quite a lot primary and high school) then I just laughed in their face. If calling me "ginger" is the best thing they can come up with, then they're not worth anything more.

In fact I used to have a great time laughing at other's attempts to annoy me, mainly because the would-be bullies were so hilariously inept it was like having a living comedy show play out around me at times. I was a prime target for bullying seeing as I was fairly smart, small and ginger, and I sometimes wonder if I might have been in some real trouble if the people who tried it had a double-digit IQ.

Fortunately, they didn't (this may have been some kind of fortunate coincidence, or it may just be that these kinds of people are always immensely dim-witted).

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope.

Probably has something to do with me having brown hair.
This, if someone called me ginger they would either be joking around, colour blind, or the world's biggest idiot.