Do you like to share your bed?

Beckaa

Jan 21, 2009
corroded said:
I am apparently very eloquent in my sleep, and have had full conversations with people without them realising i actually am asleep.
I do the same thing regularly. And if there's a film on and I'm asleep, apparently I still laugh loudly at the funny bits :D

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I have had to share a double bed with both some male friends and some female friends. Both suck. I don't think I could ever get used to it. There's never as much room as there is in a single bed, the other person is always loud, smelly, or warm. I'm not a massive fan of sleep, but the little I get I expect to be good and uninterrupted.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Yeah, it's good.

It's comfortable, relaxing, warmer, and an intimate experience.

I love it.

hurlzie

Jan 22, 2009
I dread sleep wen my girlfriend stays over, for the little sleeping that we end up doing...
(see what i did thar :D)

Mainly because i'm trying to sleep and she's trying to spoon me, I tend to get hot easily and end up spending half the night either a) wrestling my half of the covers from her, only to have it ninja'd again, and b) pushing her over to her side of the bed.

The idea of having a girly in your bed gets old fast when it's for sleeping.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
It's easy to share a bed; just tie up and gag the other person so they can't do anything annoying... or complain if you don't feel like sleeping. XD

Probably not quite what the OP had in mind, but I actually sleep better with a cat / dog at the foot of my bed. The only problem is when said pet wakes up at four in the morning and decides it's time you got up as well.

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
I like the idea of sharing my bed with someone (a woman!), for warmth and to have a sense of togetherness. In truth, though, I think it'd be just as difficult to get it right as you seem to describe.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
My cat has claimed the foot of bed as his own.

I don't mind. It's like having a vibrating foot warmer.

<33333

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I dislike sleeping together. Please leave after I'm done with you, I'd like to be able to sleep diagonally if I were so inclined.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
hurlzie said:
Mainly because i'm trying to sleep and she's trying to spoon me, I tend to get hot easily and end up spending half the night either a) wrestling my half of the covers from her, only to have it ninja'd again, and b) pushing her over to her side of the bed.

The idea of having a girly in your bed gets old fast when it's for sleeping.
That's cause you're doing it wrong. Girls make excellent pillows and/or matresses. And during winter, or in a cold tent at night they make good blankets too, if you have more of them.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Silver said:
That's cause you're doing it wrong. Girls make excellent pillows and/or matresses. And during winter, or in a cold tent at night they make good blankets too, if you have more of them.
You're like a sexy Ray Mears. Tell us more.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
Woo! I's got fans.

And no, I'm not like Ray Mears. That's a dude, man.

And what do you want me to say more? Detail the position you're going to be in when sleeping?

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
My cat used to lay by my head when I slept because my bed didn't have enough footroom. And he doesn't sleep behind my legs because I move too many times when I sleep.

So I am going to be terrible at cuddling. >.>

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I've only shared a bed with a handful of women, and each time it's been pretty unbareable.

The worst case was: Me, sharing a bed with the girl i'd been attracted to for 4 years, Yeah, sounds great so far, but it gets bad.

Now imagine that this girl has a dog, and that she insists on having that dog share the bed NO MATTER WHAT.

I had a dogs PAW in my EYE for FIVE HOURS...

While at the same time I was trying to enjoy the fact that i was actually just sharing a bed with this girl i'd been interested in for years... it didn't work

[oh, and in case people ask, yeah i tried to move it, it just kept coming back... it's like the dog really didn't want me there...]

The only time that possibly beats this, i just got back to my mates after a drunken... accident, i was pretty badly wounded (i slipped off a curb and scraped almost all of my left side) i whited out when we got back me and my mate had to sleep in the spare room, in the same bed, i woke up after my whiting out period with my friend spooning my bad arm

Ouch, fucking ouch is all i have to say...

Jenny Creed

May 7, 2008
It's not easy to share the bed, but I hate to sleep alone so much that it's worth it. Two days a week minimum.

Oh wait, this thread seems to be about pet stories now. I once had a big black, soaking wet cat jump into my bed while I was sound asleep. I didn't know that of course. I only woke up when he headbutted the crap out of me cause he wanted to be scratched.

olicon

May 8, 2008
Heh, pets. My family's pet are a little strange. They all sleep in my mom's room--3 little ankle biters, and 2 labradors. The labs are great though, because they don't mind being used as a pillow--I use them for my naps all the time. Sooo..fuzzy.. Of course they do have a bad tendency of thinking they are tiny, and would hop onto my lap when I'm on the couch. And like others said here, they refuse to move.
And yeah, those little ones love to lick my face for some reason.

Unfortunately I have never really had a pleasure of sharing a bed with a significant other. I have shared a bed with my friends during sleep overs before, and I'm perfectly fine with it. Although everyone claims (and I think they are right) that I grind my teeth and snore.