Do you like your first name?

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Joe...

It's just so boring and unassuming. It's salvageable, though: if I changed my last name into a one-syllable word that was quite fun (like Fox) that'd make a nice name.

Joe Fox. Always wanted that name - short a simple, but still kind of fun. Plus, if I ever married, the name 'Fox' goes with everything.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
On the plus side with Bryn, no nickname has ever stuck, my first name is both unique and short. My last name is generic too.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
It's OK. It's a common name, but not the super-common kind where people who know you know at least four or five other persons with the same name. And as much as it would have been cool to have a fancy, special name that only I have, at the end of the day a sort of common name is probably the best way to go.

My last name is among the most common in Sweden though, which kind of sucks. I mean, what's the point of having a name that tells people what family you come from if thousands and thousands of other families use the same name? There's no real use to writing it, you might as well leave it blank, it would make the same impression. I usually just write my first name and then the first letter of the second name followed by a dot, it looks a little better.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
My parents decided to give me a very unique name. Now, I love my parents, but seriously, fuck them for doing that to me. People are always mispronouncing it, in fact most of my friends still say it wrong, and I've given up trying to correct them.

Recently I've started going by my, much more common middle name (ross). I kinda wish I'd thought of that sooner.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
My first name is Steven, I personally don't like it. It's annoying to pronounce, it just doesn't roll off the tongue easily.

As an added bonus everyone assumes it's spelt with a 'ph'. :angryface:

Whalebranch

Nov 21, 2011
Gabriel

I like it. Mainly because it has this 'nice warm guy with a cape' kind of ring to it (I'm probably the only one that thinks that :p).

It's Hebrew and translates into "Able-bodied one of God", I find this ironic as I'm not religious, nor do I like God THAT much. I do like to fight for something as a "henchman" or "lackey", though...

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
My first name is Uglje?a. I guess I have no complaints about it. Maybe just one. It's fucking terribly hard to pronounce it in English.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah I'm happy with my first name. In my 22 years I've only ever met two or three other people named Anthony and one of those people is my dad.

It's nice to have a name you don't see others have too often.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Im Zacharias (Zac for short).

I really like my name. Zac is nice and easy, a nice name, while i feel that Zacharias can be used to my advantage professionally when im older!

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
David, its a pretty common name but I don't mind it.

I feel sorry for all the babies that are being born now, being called names like "Blossom Honeycomb Chardonnay" or "Beyonce Asparagus Candyfloss".

Mar 30, 2010
'Dave'

You may think it's a common name, but that's because you don't know of our plan. Think about it - everyone knows at least one Dave. We're everywhere. One day we will rise up and conquer all you lesser beings. This is the Conspiracy Of Dave.

Soon will begin the Rule Of Dave.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
it's not like i hate my name, but i don't like it either:
Kristoffer (or Christopher) means something about Christianity and Christ or some other shit i don't give a fuck about.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
Mine is Elise. I like it though sometimes I wish I spelled it like Aelyse. I chose it (and had it legally changed over 5 years ago), because it harkens to 'Fur Elise' from Bethoven, has a french bookwormish sound, and is unique enough. Though I wish I went with something really out there for my middle name like a Japanese name or something. I chose 'Madeline' which I pronounce the French way 'mad-lean' which sounds nice, but everyone pronounces it the eh American way.

My old name was a boy name, ugh, and not only that but the most generic boring name with a really stupid nickname form of it. Hated it because I identify as a girl and also it didn't exude scholarly but blahness. I won't say it, but people can probably guess it in 3 tries. It was after my dad's name so just a bland control-c control-v of a name.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Alexander. I like it, it can be shorted in many cool ways, Lex, Xander, and the like (Not that anyone actually uses those names with me, assholes). Plus I like it's origin, it means 'Defender of Men', derived from Greek I believe. Better than some other names I reckon.