Do you like your name?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Joe

Yeah its good, though, I often get called JOEY!

Kuca

Its an annoying foreign surname that EVERYBODY gets wrong... ITS PRONOUNCED "KOO-SA" GODDAMNIT!

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I don't meet a lot of other people named Garrett, especially with the same spelling, so I do enjoy that.

G-man is also a pretty good nickname.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Patrick, I quite like it personally. I feel like I identify with it, especially due to my irish background and how I was named after my granddad. Most people in my family... about 95% I would say, call my Paddy however as do my friends as it is a common nickname for Patrick's. Some other people call me Pat or just my actual name but they're actually in the minority.

Pseudoboss

Apr 17, 2011
Michael, It's the single most common name in the US, and the second most common name in the world, so I don't really care for my name that much, but I can't think of anything better than it either.

(Interestingly, last I checked, the most common name in the world is Mohammed.)

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Ilpo. I like it, there really aren't a lot of people with the same name in the world, probably only like 10.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
My name is an unusual one, my name's Blane for the record. My mother created her own spelling for the name she removed the i , to make it sound less girly could've just chosen a normal name. It was originally spelled Blaine. Whenever I tell people my name they always say "What? Wayne" I say "No Blane" they say "What? Dwayne" I then have to spell it out. People always make a joke about David Blaine as well. It sounds like something a celebrity would name their child. Which is funny because whenever my mum mocks a celebrities choice of name for their kid I always shoot a glare at her, as if to say "you can't talk"

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Dags90 said:
I'm just glad I wasn't named Michael. It's such a disgustingly common name in the U.S.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65njyam3B1qkg7pz.jpg
I don't mind my name too much, and it can be abbreviated easily. My school friends called me by my one-syllable surname anyway.

My middle names are awesome though - William Robert.

That's right. Billy Bob.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Ghonzor said:
Same name, different feel for it.
Sure our name means awesome things and Alexander the Great was a badass, but when someone calls for "Alex" anywhere, my instinct is to respond even though there are 7 billion people named Alex(ander) in the world. [Hyperbole is hyperbolic]
My instinct is to curse all the Alexanders who go by Alex. I'm not called Alex, it's my name.

How about I use my name, and you use yours. I've only ever met one other actual Alex before.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Kelly. Urgh. It makes me sound like I should be some blonde bimbo with no brain. I don't look or act like a Kelly, but I got stuck with the name. Curse you, mother! Curse you!

Feb 24, 2011
laurents
i hate the name because it's just the name laurens (which in america etc. would be called lawrence)with a t which is very lazy since it's a very popular name

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I'm not particularly attached to my name, it's passable I guess, but I wouldn't exactly cry if I was forced to change it.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Jordan, I'm a boy mind you, not particularly happy about having a unisex name but I suppose I don't mind it all the same. Then again, my mother named me it right when it was beginning to gain popularity >_<

It could've been worse. If I was a girl my dad wanted to call me Paige...

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
Jordan, I'm a boy mind you, not particularly happy about having a unisex name but I suppose I don't mind it all the same. Then again, my mother named me it right when it was beginning to gain popularity >_<

It could've been worse. If I was a girl my dad wanted to call me Paige...
You could move to the states. Jordan is almost always a dude name here. Might want to leave behind any Ashleys though, as that's considered to be a "girls" name here, ditto for Jaime.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Dags90 said:
Ghonzor said:
Same name, different feel for it.
Sure our name means awesome things and Alexander the Great was a badass, but when someone calls for "Alex" anywhere, my instinct is to respond even though there are 7 billion people named Alex(ander) in the world. [Hyperbole is hyperbolic]
My instinct is to curse all the Alexanders who go by Alex. I'm not called Alex, it's my name.

How about I use my name, and you use yours. I've only ever met one other actual Alex before.
I use Alexander when I'm being incredibly formal. It sounds a bit pretentious to me.

The entirety of high school teachers would ask if I went by Alex. I, being an immensely sarcastic smart ass, was half tempted to tell them to call me Xander instead.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Tom. Tommy, Thomas. I was named after my grandfather. Growing up I didn't think anything of it but 5ish years ago, with my not so perfect hearing when people would shout out mom, which sounds like Tom. So I think they were calling me, reply, than they say again they were calling for mom. It was a real annoyance, all ended when my mother pasted on. But I still to this day hate my name.

Least I have the nickname Tiger, derived from my screen name. Which often I introduce myself to people as.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
I have rather uncommon name, at least outside of Norway, and I share it with the English name for a powertool...
But sure, I quite like it. Although using the alternate spelling (with an X) would also be awesome.

EDIT: Oh, an no one ever gets my last name right. I'm currently in the US, and since it uses two letters not found in the standard Latin character system.
But even in Norway, where we use these characters, it'soften spelled wrong. I don't mind though.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Sage.

Basically my mother's way of saying I'm wiser than all of you. And she's probably right.