do you listen to radio anymore?

Rory

Mar 4, 2009
It's my alarm and I listen to it for a few minutes before I get up and sometimes when I'm having breakfast if something interesting is on. I also listen to it in my car when my CD player is being a *****.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Used to listen to Fox FM (a county radio station) when I was a kid (from like 8-11 years old)), and last year I listened to Radio 1 a lot (Zane Lowe and Colin Murray), but it's only occasionally now because of my vast music collection and music channels on Sky.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Only in car, and I usually change every second or third song because it sucks. Sometimes there are those old rock hits I like...

But unfortunately, I have to drive on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with my father, so I HAVE to listen to the radio...

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
No

My cell phone recently became my alarm clock. I play my Ipod over my radio when I drive.

Also my favorite Omaha morning radio duo have started doing podcasts, so I download those. They have 7-8 minute commercial breaks at the top and bottom of every hour. 50% of my commute used to be commercials. It was ridiculous. I know that's how business works, but with my morning schedule I was unable to listen to them.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I listen to the radio a lot, certainly more than I watch TV and probably more than I play games.

Radio in the UK seems to be (slowly but noticeably) increasing in popularity at the moment. It's definately being helped by the internet and the increased choice of stations/content that's available.
I can have the Radio 1 Punk show on in the mornings instead of Chris Moyles, you have no idea how much of a Godsend that is.

The quality (or lack) of TV can't hurt either, beside Top Gear and sports I can't think of anything worth watching at the moment.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
seydaman said:
it seems radio is near death, does anyone listen 2 it anymore
radio is more popular than TV.

I'm locked on to Select right now, a pirate radio station, I listen to the radio all day everyday. TV and games come second to me.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i haven't listened to the radio in a long time, i stopped when Humble and Fred left CFNY and they got some loser named dean blondel

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
The rock station that I used to listen to all the time changed ownership and now blows as a result. I just got a new CD player installed in my car, so I always toss on a disc when I drive anywhere. I'd like to get an MP3 player sometime.

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
not really.....more or less when I'm in the car but then it's pretty turned down more as background noise.....doing a little side job at night my family does for the hell of it it's normally on AM ( as it's 3-4 am) and we listen to things like the wall street journal's program

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
I wake up to my alarm clock on easy rock, but otherwise, no. I have an iPod for that. And the commercials are *SOOO* annoying.

Hopkins

Jul 3, 2008
Never liked it to begin with, although I did listen to it while in the car. Now that I have an adapter for my iPod, though, no more greatest pop songs of the '80s for me.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
always listen to kerrang

i'm made to listen to galaxy

but yeah emma scott on kerrang is the best

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Online radio. A station called Classic FM [http://classicfm.nl/], it's good music and the only advertisement I know of is when I start the web player.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Every morning I do, I listen to the Preston and Steve show its so damn funny and they have a podcast on iTunes.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
I still do from time to time when ever i get bored of my never changed play list on my mp3 player

Mylock

Mar 11, 2009
I don't listen to radio. Unless you count Pandora when I need new bands to listen to.