do you listen to radio anymore?

Kryten1029a

Jun 28, 2008
Country
United States
In the car, classic rock is always a safe bet, although my wife prefers the teenybopper garbage. I used to listen at home, but then I realized that games were a more entertaining use of my time.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
I try my best to stay away from it, swedish radio really sucks, atleast nowadays, we used to have some really awesome shows (Hassan t.ex.), but they all went off the air and now its just the same 10-20 crappy pop songs over and over again, i cant take it, just listening to radio for 3 minutes is to much for me, i mean i involontarily know the text to every single song they play on swedish radio thanks to my mom listening to it in the mornings, and im not exaggerating, i've heard the same song 3 times in less then 60 minutes. (and no, that is sadly not a joke)

ChurchV50

Jun 13, 2008
I was all about the radio right up until I got my Zune. That day was the last day that I had to wait through 4 songs I hated and 20 minutes of commercials to hear 1 song I like. Once in a while, I still turn on Pandora, but I'm not at all sure that counts.

atv_chic_18

Feb 15, 2009
Very seldom. Usually if I'm tired of the music I've got in my car, or if I'm looking for weather updates while I'm not near a television. Other than that, not a lot. Mostly listen to CDs or my iPhone.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Well, the radio station I loved, is KRock, which I bet many New Yorkers are familiar with if they listened to the radio. Eventually, Stern left and thats when it fell apart. It dissapeared then came back as a Rock station having been an alternative one before. Thats when it sucked, playing only ACDC and Metallica, which is really boring after awhile. Now they are gone. If still around, I would listen to it alot still. I used to sit in my room on the comp with it playing on my stereo, but not anymore. I now have a new station (which hired one of the DJs from KRock) and wake up to it, but thats it really.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
No. I can't get any rock stations where I live on analogue radio and the dire state of what can loosely be called "pop music" is unbearable for more that 7 seconds. The local talk radio is always filled with self righteous, pompous, ignorant, bigoted fools as well, so that doesn't earn a place on my stereo either.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Only if my Zen runs out of battery. In a pinch, some hip-hop stations will at least tide me over. Or if that new Britney Spears song comes on.

Yes, for whatever reason, I like that song. Laugh it up, huh.

Lucia di Lammermore

Feb 8, 2009
Yep, all the time.

I can never seem to get enough music in my mp3 player. I have about 30-40 songs,and while that's nice a really prefer some more variety in my music