Do you still watch Zero Punctuation every week?

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I'll usually watch Yahtzee and MovieBob's videos the minute I see them on the front page, I watch every episode of the Jimquisition too, but the viewing is a bit more sporadic.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Ghengis John said:
Crono1973 said:
Ghengis John said:
Crono1973 said:
I have noticed that I rarely watch Zero Punctuation these days. Don't know why, I just don't. Do you watch it less now than you used to?
Haven't watched them in almost half a year now. Don't plan to start up again. Got sick of him. That whole "pay me the long green or else I won't show up to pax" stunt just sort of sealed the deal. Too much negativity. Too crude. Too narrow minded. I never liked his defense of "I don't review games, I'm a game critic". Roger Ebert is film critic, that doesn't mean he goes out of his way to hate everything he sees.

The guy's also been flat out wrong a lot of times. I liked how his two worlds two panning revolved so centrally around the fact that "there's no tactile difference between number pad 4 and number pad five." My response: "Uh yes there is you dullard..." I want you run your fingers along them both... right now. You should notice most num pad 5's have a divot on the five. Tactile. Difference.

When a columnist gets something flatly wrong and never fesses up to it it always tells me they're not worth following anymore. A real man can own up to his mistakes.
What happened at PAX?
You don't recall the site's infamous "help us raise money to pay Yahtzee to fly out to PAX" lottery?
No, I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Edit: Looked it up. Nasty stuff.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I watch it every week, but lately it's the second thing I watch on Wednesdays, after Feed Dump. Or third, if Miracle of Sound has something up.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
For the most part. Sometimes I will take a break from watching them (any of the videos really) and when I come back to them (and watch all the ones I missed) I enjoy it a lot more than if I didn't take one.

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
Biscuits said:
Nah, I only watch them on any day that ends with a 'Y'.
So not that often..
I see what you did their...

OT: Yes, I watch it every day before school (and if I can't, I watch it when I get home).

It is my daily highlight (right up their with TF2 Drops and Extra Credits).

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Only when he reviews a game I'm familiar with.

Since he bashes EVERY game and doesn't give any form of real review, you don't get the jokes unless you've played the game.

He's like a Modern Gaming Angry Video Game Nerd...if he sounded like Crocodile Dundee.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
First Episode that I watched was the cod4 review. Loved it, watched all the older episodes and kept watching every week since.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
He brought me to the site (via the expurgated version on X-Play), and, since ENN & Extra Credits has left, he's what keeps me coming back.

Jul 31, 2009
I do, it's just because of his one game a week policy, he ends up getting behind the ball, and people forget about it.

He just uploaded his Saint's Row: The Third review and that's been out for ages now.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
Yup. Ive been watching Yahztee as much as when I joined last year, and i rarely try to miss an episode

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I watch it every Wednesday. I don't even play games, but I watch every Wednesday. Because it's usually got at east a couple funny bits, and that's enough to make it worth my time as a diversion. And that's good enough for me.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I, pretty much, stopped watching ZP regularily after the Mirror's Edge review. Now I watch it only when it is doing a game I want to see bashed. I do watch FeedDump without fail, though. The LRR crew is hilarious.