Do you talk to your pet?

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
My cat lives in a room of 2x2m and gets her food/water once per day and every two days the litter pan gets changed.
Otherwise she doesn't have any contact with anyone - needless to say that she went crazy in a few months and already tried to drown herself in the water.

Ok, I'm kidding.
I have a 3 years old tomcat and a 6 months old cat. I play and speak with them everytime I'm home, though they can get on my nerves when I have to work at the computer and they run across the keyboard chasing the bottle tops of my water bottles.
They can even go outside, if they want to - so I guess they have a good life here.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Well, he's not mine, but I do talk to the family dog. Mostly have political conversations with him, over things like medicare and gun rights.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Me and my girlfriend are constantly talking to my dog, Patch.

He's got that kind of look about him as if he's at least trying to listen while he chews on your hands...

This is my dog.

As far as my Parrot, Joey goes, I don't really talk to him, I just make comics about the things I imagine him doing or saying....

[link]http://teh-g-man.deviantart.com/gallery/8264163[/link]

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
Yes, I talk to both to my cat and my cockroaches. Why? Because why not, that's why.

Fenris97

Mar 17, 2011
Jupp. I chat with animals all the time. And I am far from the only one where I live... It may have something with the fact that I live in nature-loving Norway though >_> But that means all Norwegians are of the rocker :D YAY, I'M CRAZY!
Er det enda en fra Norge her? Hallo til deg!

OT: I used to.... But then she.... Left....

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I'm glad my dog can't talk or understand me cuz he knows WAY too much about me

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
I do, though you're not supposed to, it's how they develop the sense they're human.
Or part of it anyway.
I got cat, dog, 2 birds, 5 piranhas, and a ball python.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
I like to say mean things to my dog in a happy way so he thinks I'm being really nice...I also like to say random words at him that he's never heard so he tilts his head at me confused.

I love my dog :)

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
I have the greatest conversations with my bunny. He mostly responds with chewing on cables, clothes and the book I'm trying to read or just generally throwing things around.

Ow, and sometimes he says "Nevermore!" just to fuck with me :)

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I tend to , yes. Really, I think it's originally me talking to myself and just joining them into the conversation. I also do the same thing with inanimate objects. I tend to talk to myself, and surrounding items/pets, a great deal during menial/mundane tasks.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
To my dogs I did. They would cock their heads to the side as if they could understand. Sometimes they would lick my hand or paw my foot if I was sad or had gone on a tangent. Sadly, they had selective hearing. Certain words like bath, vet, chicken, cheese, car, walk, and foot elicit strong reactions ranging for joy, excitement, and fear and doggy despair. I ended up having to give them to my ex?s younger brother but he also talks to them.

Davih

May 7, 2011
I talk to my dogs. If I listen hard enough, they even talk back sometimes!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I once had a rather interesting debate with my hamster. We got into quite a discussion about issues such as global warming and the like, seems hamsters have quite a lot of intelligence that we dont know about yet. Shame, but it ended when the police arrested me for taking drugs and shouting at some rat.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I talk to my dog all the time, not full fledge conversations, but I do talk to the little guy.

It makes him feel important.