Do you talk to your pet?

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
Yes. Who doesn't!?
I swear my 2 house rabbits know when I am telling them off. Same with my horses. They are too intelligent for their own good I swear it!

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I talk to my dog all the time! I even put on a voice so that it's as if she is talking back.

I'm perfectly sane I swear!

kreekgod

Jul 12, 2010
talk?
yes

have conversation with?
notsomuch

i used to talk to my old cat, but with my new one, hes the one that does all the talking

i wish i understood catoneese

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
I'm a fairly silent and reserved person in general, but when I'm around my dog, I turn into a complete idiot. I talk to him all the time, especially when it's just two of us at home. It's funny too, my dog understands a lot of spoken 'ques' even when they're not meant as commands. Like, I may be lying there with my dog, playing something. And I may say something like "You wanna go out?" in a regular "talking-to-a-human" tone of voice. He gets up and walks to the door.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Back when I had a slightly crazy (or maybe just inbred) goldfish, I was forever nagging it to stop swimming upside down / sideways / etc...

That was about it really.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Yes I do talk to my dogs. I don't tell them about my day or anything, just little comments about what they're doing.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
Yep, all the time

*about to backstab someone in tf2*
*cat jumps infront of the monitor*
"Molly get the fuck down!"

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
My dog knows how I feel and responds accordingly, she's like my sister and therapist.

I just have this way with animals, go to one friends house and their cats will hang around me, go to my other friends house and his dog adores me to death.
For example:
Jess (the dog) is barking, I go "Jess, stoppit, it's just me" she'll top sit up and start wagging her tail, no matter who else is around.
Another time, I was eating dinner at my friends place and she was laying by the door all sad-like, and mid conversation I went "and I want you to cheer up" pointing at her. Ears perked up, tongue lolled out and she started wagging her tail.

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
I should also point out that I usually change my voice when talking to my cat. I probably sound like an idiot when I do.