Do you use video game quotes in real life?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I suspect that I do use them from time to time even if I can't recall any specific incidents. One cannot possibly have spent as much of their life playing video games as I have without doing so I suspect. That said, I am more likely to quote The Simpsons or any number of books as I do so regularly and intentionally.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I use lots of catchphrases, but almost none of them are from video games. They're almost all from old classic rock songs, 80's movies, and other Gen-X cultural detritus.

Still, I couldn't resist using "You sound like lines from a self-help book" when I heard some overly-idealistic late-adolescents talking about politics at college.

Crouton

Oct 20, 2009
I use RPG/MMO related stuff all the time. I was cutting up a steak once, and I wasn't doing the best job at the time, and I said "Damn duel wield penalties"... Im ddad nearly died laughing (he plays WoW)

otherwise, standard stuff every gamer uses but doesn't realize they use it. My alltime favorites reference MMOs.

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
Do a barrel roll is probably something everyone that ever owned an N64 says. Also I am a fan of a few others "get a body bag" Perfect Dark 64 um not really a specific reason to use it just always liked that quote
"Incoming" (use a somewhat effeminate voice) from Uncharted 2
"Show me your moves" Captain Falcon in the Smash Bros. games
"Oh, I feel it. I feel the cosmos." Katamari Damacy just because that creepy little girl is intriguing to me
I am sure there are many more but this was all I could think of off the top of my head.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
I too use CD-I quotes on a regular basis, except I lean towards the more obscure ones. "Tastes like diarrhea a Diara!" is my all time favorite.

Syzarin

Nov 23, 2009
Would you kindly:used in situations i want a friend to do something(surprisingly it works)

We require additional pylons:used when I or a friend is having trouble getting something to work.

Take this. It's dangerous to go along:used for my own secret enjoyment for when i loan something to someone.

WHO.TOUCHED.SASHAAAAAA:used very loudly in public, especially in crowded areas just to scare people.bonus perk is it embarrasses any friends and/or relatives nearby.

Lady Ravenloft

Jan 20, 2010
I do a lot of FFVII quotes

When my now ex boss let us know his rates-hes a doctor- were going up I used Palmers "Rate Hike! Rate Hike! Tra la la" and some good ole Cid Highwind profanity always works in stressful situations aka "SHIT SHIT SHIT!!"

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
"STOP! You violated the law! pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!"
Whenever someone does something rebel.
"These muppets don't know we're here!"
when I walk past someone and they don't notice.

other than that, I reference video games an awful lot, but I don't actually quote them as such.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Bilbo536 said:
Do you ever find yourself inserting your favourite video game dialogue into your real-life conversations?
Oh god no. Never, ever, ever.

When I talk to people I do my best to try and formulate an expression of my actual thoughts, not something I just cut and pasted into my brain from some computer game. I don't feel the need to supplement my actual personality with cheesy lines of dialogue from a video game, TV show, film etc. When I'm talking to people I want them to see the real me, not a display of cardboard cut-outs superimposed in front of who I actually am.

Also, I actually want to be understood when I talk to another person, and not many of my friends are as net-savvy as I am, so if I were to drop unoriginal computer game references in my speech I would just confuse the shit out of them, and then have to go through the tiresome process of explaining what I actually meant.

Wellby

Aug 16, 2008
Sgt Nomad said:
Just about once a day. Wesker
"There's no point in hiding." "Ahhhh, there you are."
Like my mother always use to say, "A Wesker a day keeps Uroburos away." ... i can't help but feel I'm misquoting her.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
We say, "I think that was a bit extreme commander" and "Say goodnight Manuel" all the time :p

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I love asking people who are pretending to be cultured which Shakespeare play "What is a man? Nothing but a miserable pile of secrets!" is from, then giggling inside at their guesses which are 99% of the time off.

Axel0206

Jan 21, 2010
i like to say "stay awhile and listen" and on occasion i have said "falcon punch" and "LEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOYYYY JEEEEEENNNNNKKINNNNSSS!!!!!"