DoA Dev Says Jiggle Physics Are Part of Japanese Culture

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Boudica said:
Draxz said:
Boudica said:
>Implies breasts larger than your head look attractive.

lolwut
I think it's more the 'attraction' of knowing you'll be safe, when airbags save lives.
I dunno. These ones might explode on hard impact.

*Mental image*
... and thank you for that image. I was beginning to doubt my mental insanity.

OT: if this works, maybe we all should claim that "being a douche" is part of our culture?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Lol at the idea that anyone expected DoA to change ever.

I'm perfectly happy with people having their fanservicey games and DoA is just that. Though I don't think all fighting games should go in this direction (I'm looking at you, Soul Calibur!).

Vampire cat said:
I'm all for a more accurate portrayal of human anatomy, though I haven't actually seen these "breast physics" in action so I have no idea if they look realistic or not! But honestly, you'd think a woman who jumps around a lot kicking at the air and doing backflips had the sensibilities to put on a sports bra or something!

Outside of the bedroom, bouncing breasts are nothing but annoying. (Ok, running down the beach in slow-motion wearing tight red swimsuits is fair enough I guess) But boobs, am I right guys?
I think they do the physics on each breast independantly, which can lead to one-boob-up one-boob-down weirdness.
I agree with the sports bra though, it just looks painful to me, having those things constantly clanging around.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
People focus on breasts because it's an obvious thing, but the fact that people focus on this stuff alone is sexist. Why are the big jiggly boobs any more sexist that the muscles on the dudes?
DoA takes the human form to it's extremes, meaning the obvious stuff like breasts are exagerated, but that's not the only thing that is exagerated in these games, it's just the convenient thing for these discussions. I mean, how long have DoA breast physics been a focal point for discussions on sexism in games? - forever, well at least since DoA volleyball.

We know! - we know that in DoA the girls have rediculous boobs, we know that they don't represent women, just like we know the big muscled dudes with chisled jaws don't represent men. I really think that a lot of women make assumptions and get the wrong idea with this stuff. I mean, we might see a DoA character, and only ever look at the jiggly boobs, but that's just it - we're appreciating the boobs, we aren't somehow confused and thinking that those boobs represent women, or womens boobs, or anything except for an exageration designed to target a deep-seeded genetic reflex that we have no control over. It's not fair to hate on men for looking at boobs, that is like men hating on women for having a period.

Besides, I always thought the most sexual fighting game character was Cammy (camel-toe Cammy) from StreetFighter, and she doesn't have big breasts at all.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I'm glad to hear this from the very splendid Team Ninja.

They won't stop making games that feature women with big bouncing breasts.

And I won't stop buying them.

It's not my responsibility to make change where I don't think it's necessary and don't want to see it. You want change? *You* do your best to make it happen. I'll fight you with all the pennies in my wallet, and money speaks louder than words.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Boudica said:
Draxz said:
Sounds messy and kinda brutal... I think the recoil on whoever's face might go flying in the opposite direction, into the sky, Anime-style.

But in reality, I like to believe it's like a pair of mobile-pillows.. Or airbags that save lives. Without Japanese-anime nose bleeds, at anything relates to sex.
You sleep on all of your girlfriends, don't you lol.
I try every now and again but I have to over-compensate like Japan and believe their boobs are 30 times bigger than what they actually are... :/

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Boudica said:
rolfwesselius said:
I think this explains my reaction rather well.
[img=300]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq326/flmhdpsycho/owl-funny-guy.jpg[/img]
In all seriousness i understand what he means,As a dutchman who likes sinterklaas I know how it feels to have another culture trying to crack down on a part of your own culture because it offends them.
People are offended by Santa? What is this shit?!
Pfft santa is the americanised version of sinterklaas.
And it's not sinterklaas their offended by, it's Black pete his helper they find it racist that sinterklaas's helpers are black and he arrives by boat, Some Americans think of it as an allegory for the celebration of slavery

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Kargathia said:
Boudica said:
Draxz said:
Boudica said:
>Implies breasts larger than your head look attractive.

lolwut
I think it's more the 'attraction' of knowing you'll be safe, when airbags save lives.
I dunno. These ones might explode on hard impact.

*Mental image*
... and thank you for that image. I was beginning to doubt my mental insanity.
You were?! Aren't you glad that airbags do save lives?! ... And sanity...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
It's weird they're trying to justify this. I think most people in the community accept that there are certain games and franchises that are meant to pander to certain base desires. We can't expect everyone to take the high ground. This is Team Ninja we're talking about. They raped Samus! What did you guys expect?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Dexter111 said:
I'm not sure where we went from "cool, breasts" to "this is degradign sexism and should be banned forthright" in the last 5-10 years or developers having to "justify" their character design decisions to people, but something went horribly horribly wrong.
The funny thing is that most girls I know who have ever played fighting games say DoA is their favorite franchise :p

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Boudica said:
rolfwesselius said:
Boudica said:
rolfwesselius said:
I think this explains my reaction rather well.
[img=300]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq326/flmhdpsycho/owl-funny-guy.jpg[/img]
In all seriousness i understand what he means,As a dutchman who likes sinterklaas I know how it feels to have another culture trying to crack down on a part of your own culture because it offends them.
People are offended by Santa? What is this shit?!
Pfft santa is the americanised version of sinterklaas.
And it's not sinterklaas their offended by, it's Black pete his helper they find it racist that sinterklaas's helpers are black and he arrives by boat, Some Americans think of it as an allegory for the celebration of slavery
Oohh. Well, I see their issue with it. You know us humans, we tend to project our own issues onto others. But I know nothing about it besides what you just said, so I can't comment.
Yeah the thing is it's an important part of people's childhood, I can remember every episode of the yearly tv specials, every character and every film that came out since 2005.
I don't even remember my grandma's voice and she went mute in 2006.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
And still no super bouncy testicles. Those protein shakes don't make themselves.

Still, you got to admire a man that stands up for his cultural legacy and all that good stuff

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Boudica said:
Phasmal said:
One-boob-up one-boob-down weirdness.
I'm not sure if that's erotic or hilarious. It can't be both, can it? I'm so confused.
I believe it's the middle of a breast enlargement? Ohno wait, isn't that like really-over-elasticated anime boobs whilst jumping?