Doctor Who MMO Coming This Year

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
*sigh* I am going to get flamed but this just sounds boring and bad. Hopefully it won't but I am not holding my breath.
I agree with this. Well said. I can't see it working well to be honest.
Problem is that everybody will want to be the Doctor. Huge wad of entitlement from the beginning.
I wouldn't want to be The Doctor, being entirely sincere. I'd want to be my own Time Lord.
Precisely, how many Time Lords are there again?

cynicalandbored

Nov 12, 2009
DeathWyrmNexus said:
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
*sigh* I am going to get flamed but this just sounds boring and bad. Hopefully it won't but I am not holding my breath.
Problem is that everybody will want to be the Doctor. Huge wad of entitlement from the beginning.
I wouldn't want to be The Doctor, being entirely sincere. I'd want to be my own Time Lord.
Point well taken, only the one the way the miserable idiot keeps banging on about it... Two if you count the fact that The Master's bound to return at some point. And loads if you take into account how they're likely going to try bring back all the Time Lords in future just to mix it up. But yeah, only one Time Lord for the minute. Still, doesn't mean everyone has to imitate Tennant or Smith.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
cynicalandbored said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Point well taken, only the one the way the miserable idiot keeps banging on about it... Two if you count the fact that The Master's bound to return at some point. And loads if you take into account how they're likely going to try bring back all the Time Lords in future just to mix it up. But yeah, only one Time Lord for the minute. Still, doesn't mean everyone has to imitate Tennant or Smith.
Not so much that I think they will try to imitate their person so much as what they are to the story, central protagonist. That works fine in a single player game but as Yahtzee pointed out in one of his reviews... Being told you're the chosen one tends to lend to dickhead behavior in a MMO and I see nothing but people wanting to be the chosen one archetype in the future of this game.

I do get your point but how dreary and annoying would it be to have 1 fuck-trillion Timelords?

Feb 13, 2008
DeathWyrmNexus said:
I do get your point but how dreary and annoying would it be to have 1 fuck-trillion Timelords?
That's why the Doctor left Gallifrey in the first place.

But a game without ganking? That could be worth fighting for.

Apr 29, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I really need to get around to watching this show from start to finish. Catching an episode here and there just isn't cutting it at getting me hooked.
I should probably do that too. How? I have no idea. I don't think I get the BBC down here.