Does anyone care about Saints Row the third?

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Its just a minigame collection of some of GTA series missions, mixed with stupid stuff that the devs put together in order to make it funny. Its fun for maybe 1 hour, but punching someone in the balls isn't that funny after the 3rd time

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Volf99 said:
I think its just bad timing. They should have released it during the summer, imo
No! Summer is the absolute worst time to release a game. Everyone is on holiday then and games can be really easily buried for most people. Especially when the Christmas period starts right around the corner. That's why now is when the big titles are being released.
Saints Row the Third just had bad timing to be in the same seasonal release as MW3, BF3 and Skyrim. But Saints Row does have a far more efficient production cycle. People can be waiting up to another 5 years for the next Elder Scrolls title, but Saints Row 4 will be here in half that time.

Aug 2, 2008
I skipped buying all the other games just so I wouldn't have to worry about anything distracting me from SR3. It's is the highlight of my 2011 gaming experience. Yeah it might have released at a poor time (Battlefield and COD feud gets a lot of attention along with the internet fapping all over itself over Skyrim), but that probably just means people will be getting their copies later.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
yeah, i'm actually taking a break from skyrim and playing the fuck out of saints row the 3rd. and it keeps getting better and better. my only gripe with it so far is that when you get your respect to a high enough level you can actually buy abilities that make you immune to all damage except melee...and once you buy them you can't turn them off. its nice to have the option but since you can't turn it off it means the last 3rd of the game will be no challenge what so ever

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Rednog said:
Not a lot of people are talking about because it really is just a good game, it isn't excellent and some people, myself included, are slightly disappointed with the game because it doesn't feel as epic as Saints Row 2. I'm hoping and looking forward to 4 but right now 3 is a yup I spent a solid 15 hours and I'm done, nothing super memorable.
This is my feelings about SR3. Awesome game, but not nearly as good as Saints 2.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
sketch_zeppelin said:
yeah, i'm actually taking a break from skyrim and playing the fuck out of saints row the 3rd. and it keeps getting better and better. my only gripe with it so far is that when you get your respect to a high enough level you can actually buy abilities that make you immune to all damage except melee...and once you buy them you can't turn them off. its nice to have the option but since you can't turn it off it means the last 3rd of the game will be no challenge what so ever
No, take it from me, you'll be long done with the main story once you get to the level at which you get no more damage. And even then it costs a ton of money to upgrade all of the anti-damage perks. In fact, that's one of the great things about the game. They really balanced the money issue well. You're never really sitting on a big hoard of money like in most sandboxes, but you're constantly getting more income and spending it again to upgrade you character and weapons.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
Honestly, in the last couple of weeks, I got Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and Saint's Row: The Third. And in a couple of days, my copy of Skyward Sword is going to be arriving. As it is though, as much as I am enjoying all three, soon to be four games (and if we're counting the games I also got in October, SIX), The Third has been easily getting the most playtime from me.

I suppose it's just the immediate payoff that is appealing to me right now. Rather than trying to get outside of Whiterun only to be sacked by bears constantly (granted, because I'm being impatient), or having to re-learn the play mechanics in AC:R (same thing happened when I played Brotherhood), I'm just enjoying being able to jump right into a game that I know exactly the scope of it, and just screwing around.

And for those who still draw the GTA rip-off card: Just. Stop. It's like trying to say how "The Naked Gun" is a rip-off of "Dirty Harry."

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I do, love it, played the crap out of it.
Will continue playing the crap out of it too, I've just been too busy playing it to comment on my playing it.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Farther than stars said:
sketch_zeppelin said:
No, take it from me, you'll be long done with the main story once you get to the level at which you get no more damage. And even then it costs a ton of money to upgrade all of the anti-damage perks. In fact, that's one of the great things about the game. They really balanced the money issue well. You're never really sitting on a big hoard of money like in most sandboxes, but you're constantly getting more income and spending it again to upgrade you character and weapons.
ummmm yeah. i screw around alot in these games so when i got to the point where i could afford the abilites i hadn't even fought killbane the first time around. i've beaten the game and the last 3rd i couldn't be hurt.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kpt._Rob said:
Nope, I was too busy playing Skyrim to notice. Really, my take on this is that any developer who chose to release their game at this time was taking a big risk. My biases towards Skyrim as not just the best game of the bunch, but one of the best games ever goes without saying. But in my opinion choosing a release date close to Skyrim's was stright up foolishness. The possible exception being for Battlefield and MW, since they have fanbases which don't overlap as much with Skyrim's as I would imagine SR's does.
On a side note, the midnight launch for Saints Row the Third were insanely huge for that game, so apparently a lot of people bought it, just not very many on this site. I did, I enjoy it, I just haven't devoted enough time to talk about it yet because I'm lazy...
So in essence, I doubt Skyrim bothered SR3 sales all that much.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Ashendarei said:
I purchased Saint's Row on a steam sale, checked it out and realized it was GTA with more driving / racing sections (BLEAGH).

The LAST thing GTA needed was more driving :p
If you're talking about Saints Row 1 it gets better. MUCH better, trust me. Cesspool trucks that shoot poo at people? Insurance Fraud Missions where you're flung over buildings flying past blocks from a car crash?

OT: Are you kidding? Skyrim what? MW3 what? Grand Theft what? Saints Row the Third? Freaking, yes. Saints Row 3 is my game of the year, screw complex story, screw mind blowing visuals, screw realism Saints Row the Third is pure, FUN. (Yes I got Skyrim and that's great too)

Whatever little they took out they jacked it up so much more with the over the top crap. I got it on PC and I'm in love with this game, if I didn't give that away with my game of the year statement.

mau5trap

Nov 20, 2011
Ashendarei said:
I purchased Saint's Row on a steam sale, checked it out and realized it was GTA with more driving / racing sections (BLEAGH).

The LAST thing GTA needed was more driving :p
If it was the only one you played, you played the worst of all 3, it was the only one with a serious approach

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Because 90% of the gaming forums at this point in time consist of Skyrim threads. If there are any Saints Row threads, they're probably buried of mountains of Skyrim threads.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
wasnt interested in skyrim..had SR3 on pre-order

having a blast...

Sep 14, 2009
not saying its a bad game, it's just not something i'm interested in playing (also for other notable examples: starcraft II, half life, bioshock,etc...)

i can't FORCE myself to like something..i'm sure it's amazing for people who like those kinds of games, but it's just...not there for me.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I honestly don't know what's wrong with me, but every time I see Saint's Row I think to myself "God, that looks like a shitload of fun.", but when I actually hire it/buy it/borrow it I just don't find it any fun at all. I don't find the humor particularly funny, the gameplay isn't that tight and the overall feel of the game is very shallow and unintersting.

As for Skyrim, MW3 and BF3., they are all games that have been refined over years to a pedigree, refining controls, storytelling and graphical capability to a point that they are now juggernauts of gaming.

Also, having a couple million fanboys/girls each doesn't hurt.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Well, it wasn't smart to release the game in the same time period as Skyrim and MW3. That definietly affected its sales and attention. While people like the series, most will put their money to MW3 and Skyrim first. Honestly, it was a dumb move.

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
I vote for the 'bad timing' thing. SR3 is a very fun game. There is a tonne of things to do and pixels to murder :)