Does anyone else think Duke Nukem Forever will suck balls of steel?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Dunke Nukem Forever was rushed? Never heard that comparison before...

I really don't see much to back any of this up except that you didn't like the trailer. You say that it looks like a joke but...well, it is a joke, isn't it? Your not supposed to take it seriously. It is a shooter that defines taking refuge in audacity. I like Gearbox, and from everything ive heard, they seem to be approaching the game with an eye out for the consumer. Besides, I know that if there is one thing the team working on DNF would NOT feel, it's rushed.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Grammer Nazi arround here. And yes, I did get my info from videogame post sales charts. And what diffrence does 2 years make? And yes, I understand the game is a parody, but it is an old joke that people think will be a good idea to bring back to life, even though they no it isn't funny anymore. Grow up, man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games#cite_note-valve-8
To retaliate my expect comback of you, both half life and duke nukem have sorces of where the information was recived from.
I'm sorry, but with the logic you're using and the link you posted, that means The Sims is the absolute best thing ever. And the Sims is closer to Duke than it is to Half-Life.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
It's certainly not going to suck.
I think it's just going to be an above average shooter with a crazy sense of humour, but don't expect it to win any GOTY awards.

David Demers

Jan 24, 2011
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Radeonx said:
I think it will be good.
It looks a lot better than any FPS coming out this quarter, so I'm moderately excited.
Even Crysis 2? I know the online isn't steller, but you've still got a great looking single player mode.
Crysis 2, from what I've seen of the beta, is still largely unfinished. But on top of that, Crysis wants me to take a joke seriously, whereas DNF wants me to take a joke as a joke, making it a better foundation for a game.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Grammer Nazi arround here. And yes, I did get my info from videogame post sales charts. And what diffrence does 2 years make? And yes, I understand the game is a parody, but it is an old joke that people think will be a good idea to bring back to life, even though they no it isn't funny anymore. Grow up, man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games#cite_note-valve-8
To retaliate my expect comback of you, both half life and duke nukem have sorces of where the information was recived from.
I'm sorry, but with the logic you're using and the link you posted, that means The Sims is the absolute best thing ever. And the Sims is closer to Duke than it is to Half-Life.
No, absolutely not. I am saying if Duke Nukem was as great as how he is glorifying it, why does it appear so far down on the list?

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
No, absolutely not. I am saying if Duke Nukem was as great as how he is glorifying it, why does it appear so far down on the list?
The hell should I know, doesn't make it any less good though.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Hello,
I got the escapist today, and I saw something that made me die inside... Duke Nukem Forever was going to be realeased. I was pissed. How could they do such a thing??? But my anger about how the biggest videogame joke in history was about to die soon faded, and I proceded to watch the trailer. And I was not impressed by any aspect what so ever. The graphics were meh, the gameplay looked complicated and boring, and it seems to emphasis tits and male genitalia too much. If you ask me the entire thing looks like a fucking joke. It is my belief that the 9 guys still working on it just rushed through and put as many tits in the game as possible. (Not that I'm saying tits are bad, but they are only nice to a certain extent, espically in video games.)

But lets seriously look at this,
I doubt there will be online, and just a 10 hour rushed through campeign. The gameplay looked clunky as well. If you asked me, I would say they need to take another year on the game, and then realease it. But the thing I really hate about it is how it is selling for full price. I would never by it, unless the game is exceptional in every aspect.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. But to me, the game should have remained like it's name. DNF.

So, post what you think the game will be like, fellow escapist!

How can Duke Nukem *NOT* be a joke? I mean the entire thing is a giant joke, it's absolutly absurd. Your complaining about all the tits and various sex organs and such also seems odd because umm yeah, it's supposed to be overdone, this is Duke Nukem.... absurd, immature, and over the top pretty much define it.

*THAT* said your right, there is no way this game can live up to expectations built over a 14 year hiatus, and all the drama. This is pretty much what we got when they scrapped all that and decided to just take a "git ir done" attitude. This is pretty much the fairly generic FPS with duke elements that any reasonably competant design team could have tossed out in a couple of years because ummm... it IS a pretty generic FPS turned out in a couple of years. I mean the Duke Nukem franchise *IS* a first person shooter franchise and a pretty old one, to be loyal to the original material it's going to be a bit retro in it's feel.

I get where your coming from, if your a much bigger Duke Nukem fan than I am, this is NOT the game you wanted to see after all this time. Something like this would have been more fulfilling if it came out a few years after the last official installment, but well.. as we all know, reality had other plans.

Also consider that with the way the bars have been raised over the last few years by the "Battlefield" and "Call Of Duty" franchises when it comes to FPS games, you can't expect anything close to that to be done with Duke Nukem, a franchise this troubled probably did not land that kind of funding upon being rescued. Perhaps if this game succeeds in a big enough way (which will require massive fan support) it will survive for another installment, and line up investers willing to put hundreds of millions of dollars into making a true "ultimate" Duke experience.

This is one of the rare occasions where I will say that this is a time where you should probably buy the game BECAUSE you think it looks pathetic and below expectations. Duke is in a very wierd place due to the unique (or more appropriatly grotesque) treatment of the franchise. If your a huge fan, getting the game to support development is probably the wise move in a sort of "big picture" way.

I personally like Duke Nukem, but I'm not a huge fan, I'm just not that much of a FPS player. I'll probably get this game at some point (I mean if I'm going to play any straight FPS this is the one), but definatly not new for top dollar. I'm not the guy who is really invested in trying to save the franchise.

For me, a lot of the appeal of Duke goes back to the 2D Sidescrollers released as shareware many years ago. Never had the money to buy them (being young and not exactly following a normal lifepath) but I did enjoy the free chapter simply for being a game that you could DL and kill a couple of hours with... like a lot of games from companies like Apogee, Epic, etc... at the time. Duke going 3D was cool (crossing it over with the FPS games that started the same way from my perspective) and I played some of those games even if I was terrible at them, but as iconic as he is to the gaming world as a whole I just can't muster the energy to really say I care enough to buy a game of a genere I'm not all that fond of, simply to keep it alive... real hardcore fans are something else though

Ah well, enough rambling, I'm repeting myself it seems.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Xanadu84 said:

I really don't see much to back any of this up except that you didn't like the trailer. You say that it looks like a joke but...well, it is a joke, isn't it? Your not supposed to take it seriously. It is a shooter that defines taking refuge in audacity. I like Gearbox, and from everything ive heard, they seem to be approaching the game with an eye out for the consumer. Besides, I know that if there is one thing the team working on DNF would NOT feel, it's rushed.
I get what your saying, but they kept swiching the formats. you can't continue making a game with 2001's good graphics, and expect to transfer it over without any work to a 2011 graphically placed game. (Not that I'm saying they stopped making the game for 10 years, just that they kept falling behind too far.)

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I think it will be like every other first person shooter out there nowadays. Good, but not Game of the year.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Troll thread is troll thread.

Jesus, if you don't like the game (even though it isn't out yet), fucking feel free to not buy it. But seriously, what- exactly- is the purpose of starting a "Who thinks it will suck?" thread? Except to try to start an argument?

Grow up. If you're not interested, that's fine. Don't try to start meaningless Internet fights about opinions, however. All you succeed in accomplishing is making yourself look like a troll.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
In most cases no, But the factor of why it didn't sell so greatly, is because of it's nature.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
solidstatemind said:
Troll thread is troll thread.

Jesus, if you don't like the game (even though it isn't out yet), fucking feel free to not buy it. But seriously, what- exactly- is the purpose of starting a "Who thinks it will suck?" thread? Except to try to start an argument?

Grow up. If you're not interested, that's fine. Don't try to start meaningless Internet fights about opinions, however. All you succeed in accomplishing is making yourself look like a troll.
I don't even think your deserving of a proper reply, But I wanted to see what people think of the game so far, I want to know if anyone thinks this will be good. Did you not read my last line? "...What do you think"

I want people's openions, and I stated mine, I never fought with anyone on there liking of the game, unless they were a jerk.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
In most cases no, But the factor of why it didn't sell so greatly, is because of it's nature.
Not the factor. A factor. Though my question to you is what makes you think that we are in a "serious" age of gaming? It's more like a "Copy Call Of Duty as much as you can" kind of age.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever will not suck balls of steel.

Rather, you will suck Duke's majestic balls of steel.

(Picture from Gamesradar)

On Topic: Dude, the game is a joke. It's meant to be that way. Have you ever played the originals?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Xanadu84 said:

I get what your saying, but they kept swiching the formats. you can't continue making a game with 2001's good graphics, and expect to transfer it over without any work to a 2011 graphically placed game. (Not that I'm saying they stopped making the game for 10 years, just that they kept falling behind too far.)
How much of the old build was used, though? What if Gearbox took the IP, and built the rest from scratch? Also, I wouldn't be so concerned about the game looking dated. Go check out the history of the making of Team Fortress 2.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Not the factor. A factor. Though my question to you is what makes you think that we are in a "serious" age of gaming? It's more like a "Copy Call Of Duty as much as you can" kind of age.
I said "The factor" because that was the one that stunned it from sales. Other than that, It was a good shooter.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
[Gavo said:
]Duke Nukem Forever will not suck balls of steel.

Rather, you will suck its majestic balls of steel.

(Picture from Gamesradar)

On Topic: Dude, the game is a joke. It's meant to be that way. Have you ever played the originals?
I never played them in depth, but I have played them. The point I am trying to make is that people aren't that immature anymore, and that was what the game was built on.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TheEvilJester said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I said "The factor" because that was the one that stunned it from sales. Other than that, It was a good shooter.
You avoided my question.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
First, who give a flying-fuck about multiplayer? The only multiplayer online I play is Left 4 Dead, and that's because I have a thing for co-op. Multiplayer deathmatches mostly suck otherwise.

Second, after 13 long years of development, good or not, I'm still getting it. It's like a trophy almost. If it's good, all the better.

Third, yes, a meme/vaporware joke will die. Hopefully others will follow suit.

Fourth, pie.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Weslebear said:
I thought the whole point of it was that it's a pretty much a given that it's going to be a pile of wank, but in a way that it's so bad it's good :D.
Yeah, but that was cool 14 years ago, now the industry has grown up. It is going to be that weird cousin you have who tries to ruin all of the family thanks giving dinner. (Sorry for my odd metaphore)
Sorry im gonna stop you right there, the gaming industry hasnt grown up, just look at all the Games we have out now, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo, they're all immature and mindless fun but they try to make themselves look gritty and grown up, which only makes it even more childish, I love all those games but Duke Nukem looks like it will be refreshing due to how it embraces being childish, cliche and juvenile. While yes the gaming industry should be growing up that doesnt mean that we have to abandon childish humor and vulgarity.