Does The Escapist seem slow to you?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
...No? I used to have problems w/ my old computer and their ads, but I've changed to pubclub and I don't have that problem anymore.

Most likely it's your connection or your processor. I have a new(ish) computer that runs escapist and most sites perfectly(ish).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Grabbin Keelz said:
This just happens at any random occasion, regardless of internet connection. One moment I can jump from page to page without any trouble, the next it takes ten minutes to leave a single post. I wondered if it just might be my internet, but all the other sites I try work fine.
Does this ever happen to you on this site?
It doesn't just feel slow, it IS slow. It's not you and it's not the hacker blues. It's bad coding at the Escapist and I have proof. There is a growing accumulation of java runtime error reports appearing on my desktop when I browse the Escapist. I asked Kross about this and he hasn't said a word, but it's very obvious that alot of slowy-downy shit is going on here and they did it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Katherine Ciesla said:
Yes. I've been wondering if becoming a dues paying member would improve the situation.
It wouldn't. I pay the fee and I still lag from time to time.

Scrimshaw13

Jun 21, 2011
this has been happening to me all day today, at one point even completely losing connection to the server after it timed out

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Katherine Ciesla said:
Yes. I've been wondering if becoming a dues paying member would improve the situation.
That doesn't help in this situation. The higher quality video, lack of ads, and lack of Capcha alone is worth it though.

Redingold said:
I swear it only does this on Wednesdays. Must be something to do with the number of views we get for ZP.
Yes, it is only like this on Wednesdays.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Yup, it's a Wednesday. Or, as I shall dub it, `Yahtzee slowdown day'. Though the ads were causing me trouble a while back (and crashing my browser, too). You could check if they're a problem for you too (I would tell you in detail, but it requires a certain program of which we are forbidden to talk).

Also, take note Mods if you are reading this, I'm just telling him that he could use such a program for diagnosis, not that he should use it permanently.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
I actually have really fast internet but for some reason the Escapist is really slow to load, it's the only site I have this problem with.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
yeah its really slow. I think if they have the money then they should do a serious upgrade.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Escapist has been so slow and broken so consistently lately that I'm half convinced it's being hosted on a fucking Speak & Spell.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Oh my god, I thought this was only happening to me. Thank goodness.

Yes, the Escapist has been really slow as of late, and for me has been disconnecting a few times as of late. I'm not sure what's going.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
My internet is slow anyway. But recently it has been lagging a LOT more. I've got 'Server can not connect' and 'Connection timed out' quite a few times today. -.- which is annoying to say the least.

I just click on a thread, go on my other tab. Click around for five minutes on that and come back to this tab to comment and then repeat. XD

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
It seems random for me, one second i'll load a page in about 2 seconds, next page i load it takes well over 20 seconds sometimes.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
TimeLord said:
I blame ZP.

And Thermis. Give the Escapist more servers Thermis! More than 10, ideally 200
We actually have less then 10 servers right now, and only 5 of them are the front end web/database servers. Due to rack space issues, we'll most likely be trying to replace some of our older servers with beefier ones before we actually add more total servers. I'm trying to get more servers as soon as we have more money. :(