Does Trump have a motor disorder?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
But I don't quite agree with not thinking its an issue they might die mid term. I think that's a pretty big deal in a democracy where leaders are supposed to be chosen by the vote.
I didn't say it's a good/neutral thing if they die midterm, I just mean that the whole point of the VP is to act as a backup for that. And yeah, while I'm not keen on Pence becoming president, there's not a lot I can do about the fact that the republicans voted in a geriatric fucktard and a religious zealot to the presidency. Besides I'm pretty sure if they removed him due to some medical problem, well then Pence would STILL end up president. Because again, his whole official job is "If the first guy dies/loses it/whatever, I take the spot until next election." So trying to say "He shouldn't be in power because of his health! What if he dies?! We'd have Pence!" I mean, that's a What If no matter how you slice it.

And I do like seeing fitness in our leaders, because it indicates discipline, of course you can be perfectly disciplined and either not so focused on fitness or have health issues that get in the way. Its not important but its a good sign, one of the most obvious ways to figure out how a person lives when you look at them.
Again, there's little to be said for a mid-70s dude in regards to health. He's already working from a bad deck, and he's only going to be in office for a few more months (hopefully). But again, I think the lens is being focused on the wrong point. An elderly man, takes his time, to carefully walk down an incline that he might be uncertain as to the stability of. That's not something that should be tossing up the red flags in my opinion. I'm only in my 40s and I occasionally do that shit depending on the surface and my shoes (seriously, fuck dress shoes). What bothers me is the whole "inability to hold a glass of water and drink like a normal human." "slurring words" "rambling and drifting off onto tangents when asked any questions." "the clear and obvious idiocy and lack of intelligence about anything other than sucking his own dick on camera"

compared to all THAT shit, the fact that "an elderly guy carefully walked down a ramp, and then clearly began to walk normally when on level, solid ground" ....I mean...is that REALLY the most concerning sign ? I don't think so. And I think everyone focusing on it, and enflating it up into something it's probably not, is just feeding the conservatives more Annoyance Fuel with the Left, at a time we really don't need to be giving them more ammunition to just vote against reason out of spite, which a lot of them did.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I didn't say it's a good/neutral thing if they die midterm, I just mean that the whole point of the VP is to act as a backup for that. And yeah, while I'm not keen on Pence becoming president, there's not a lot I can do about the fact that the republicans voted in a geriatric fucktard and a religious zealot to the presidency. Besides I'm pretty sure if they removed him due to some medical problem, well then Pence would STILL end up president. Because again, his whole official job is "If the first guy dies/loses it/whatever, I take the spot until next election." So trying to say "He shouldn't be in power because of his health! What if he dies?! We'd have Pence!" I mean, that's a What If no matter how you slice it.

Again, there's little to be said for a mid-70s dude in regards to health. He's already working from a bad deck, and he's only going to be in office for a few more months (hopefully). But again, I think the lens is being focused on the wrong point. An elderly man, takes his time, to carefully walk down an incline that he might be uncertain as to the stability of. That's not something that should be tossing up the red flags in my opinion. I'm only in my 40s and I occasionally do that shit depending on the surface and my shoes (seriously, fuck dress shoes). What bothers me is the whole "inability to hold a glass of water and drink like a normal human." "slurring words" "rambling and drifting off onto tangents when asked any questions." "the clear and obvious idiocy and lack of intelligence about anything other than sucking his own dick on camera"

compared to all THAT shit, the fact that "an elderly guy carefully walked down a ramp, and then clearly began to walk normally when on level, solid ground" ....I mean...is that REALLY the most concerning sign ? I don't think so. And I think everyone focusing on it, and enflating it up into something it's probably not, is just feeding the conservatives more Annoyance Fuel with the Left, at a time we really don't need to be giving them more ammunition to just vote against reason out of spite, which a lot of them did.
Keep in mind the conservatives play this game too. I don't remember the details but I remember the fuss they made out of it when Hilary may have fainted or something. Or when Burnie had heart problems.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And I think everyone focusing on it, and enflating it up into something it's probably not, is just feeding the conservatives more Annoyance Fuel with the Left, at a time we really don't need to be giving them more ammunition to just vote against reason out of spite, which a lot of them did.
The ship has been filled with Annoyance Fuel, its cargo hold loaded to the brim with extra barrels of Annoyance Fuel, and already sailed.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Keep in mind the conservatives play this game too. I don't remember the details but I remember the fuss they made out of it when Hilary may have fainted or something. Or when Burnie had heart problems.
I am aware they play this game, and I think it's equally stupid from their side of things. Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when it aims the criticism in a potentially fruitless direction. Then they're just like 'see?! those damn dirty dems lose their minds over the tiniest things! I'll vote fer Trump agin just to rub it in their noses!"

The ship has been filled with Annoyance Fuel, its cargo hold loaded to the brim with extra barrels of Annoyance Fuel, and already sailed.
So just pile on more of the same? That seems like a fairly stupid strategy in my opinion. There's a lot more important stuff to worry about than a mid 70s man being cautious going down a ramp.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So just pile on more of the same? That seems like a fairly stupid strategy in my opinion. There's a lot more important stuff to worry about than a mid 70s man being cautious going down a ramp.
I don't think anyone on this forum can be less aware of Trump fucking a million important things up, there are loads of threads with dozens of pages on them, and they've run out steam because they've been talked out, and no-one's going to suddenly back Trump because of the odd bit of mockery.

Outside these forums, late night comedy, Twitter, etc. is busy ripping everyone to shreds like they have been for the last lots of years, to the same amount as ever over the same sorts of things, and if you don't like that, go write to John Oliver and Stephen Colbert instead.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
True, though it does beg the question: Why does he keep bringing it up? He apparently talked about it for like 10 minutes at his rally.

Most of us would have already forgotten about it by now if for the fact he keeps trying to make it a thing to talk about.

Now it's become yet more fodder for just how pathetic his act has because: Telling stupid, drawn out jokes to a half empty stadium in the middle of 3 crises.

But he's trailing in the polls because the polls are all lying, ya'll :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
True, though it does beg the question: Why does he keep bringing it up? He apparently talked about it for like 10 minutes at his rally.
Watching the video, Trump gives a little jog at the end of the ramp. Just relief? A belated attempt to show an image of vitality?

He was clearly uncomfortable going down that ramp for whatever reason, and he cannot fail to have thought about how that made him look frail as it was happening. He's a narcissist, so highly sensitive to being looked down on. Then we also note he makes a great deal of noise about how amazingly healthy and vigorous he is, and that he denigrates other people for not being so, thus I would suggest physical frailty is something he's particularly sensitive about.

He's going to keep bringing it up because he can't stop thinking about it. It's a small, self-damaging behavioural tic.

Reactions: Dalisclock

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Most of us would have already forgotten about it by now if for the fact he keeps trying to make it a thing to talk about.

Now it's become yet more fodder for just how pathetic his act has because: Telling stupid, drawn out jokes to a half empty stadium in the middle of 3 crises.

But he's trailing in the polls because the polls are all lying, ya'll :rolleyes:
He's a narcissistic egomaniac who obsesses over any direct criticism of himself, and tries to turn it into a positive thing through mockery, because the only thing he has is his own bloated sense of self-importance.

Reactions: Dalisclock