Dogmeat

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I remembering finding Dogmeat my accident, but I was a completely Stealth-based/pacifist character who made one exception for the runt who kept messing her game.

Now I regret doing that because now I know that Dogmeat is a precious pure innocent baby to be protected at all costs (aka: the melee dps).

Redvenge

Oct 14, 2014
infohippie said:
People actually use companions in Bethesda games? As anything more than spare carrying capacity that is?
Yes. Veronica is also a portable crafting station.

... until she hugs a Cazador. Darnit Veronica...

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
I'm going to asume that the dog will be with us from the start and we can name him. Bethesda, if my beloved ball of fluff dies in a cutscene with no way for me to save, there will not be a deep enough hole in the multiverse for you to hide from my rage.

Also, I do wish I could go around F3 and NV with Dogmeant and Rex. Fuck the other companions, my Rail gun and 2 dog companions own this wasteland. (well, Boone and Fawkes would also make for the second coming of the apocalipse pair, but that would be so much awesomeness and firepower the world would colapse in on itself)

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
The comic forgot to mention force fields. There was a location near the end of the original Fallout where Dogmeat would die by repeatedly walking through deadly force fields. It's even mentioned as the canon death in the game manual for the second game.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I remember my Dogmeat in Fallout 3 running away.
I know it wasn't a conscience thing, I just looked around and he wasn't there, it was weird.
Two days later I'm strollin' around and all of a sudden a popup tells me "Dogmeat has died".
I was like "... Alright."

I also remember a glitch in Skyrim that gave me a wolf follower.
He wasn't *really* a follower, just for some reason whenever I fast traveled, a wolf would appear right next to me. Wouldn't move, wouldn't attack, just sat there and growled at me.
I kind of liked him, even defended him from anybody who attacked him, got me in trouble with a lot of guards.