Doldrums and Oddities: Share Something Bemusing

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have achieved Peak America.

View attachment 6883
Wait, wait, wait...

Who doesn't just leave the fries in the bag? I don't eat in my car (no commute in my town is any longer than 20-30 minutes,) but just imagining that I did... I just left the fries in the bag. The bag in the passenger seat. Reach over and grab fries. It is peak America, a $5.25 plastic solution to a problem I can't even imagine anyone having.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wait, wait, wait...

Who doesn't just leave the fries in the bag? I don't eat in my car (no commute in my town is any longer than 20-30 minutes,) but just imagining that I did... I just left the fries in the bag. The bag in the passenger seat. Reach over and grab fries. It is peak America, a $5.25 plastic solution to a problem I can't even imagine anyone having.
I hate to profile, but the only people I can envision using that item are the morbidly obese who eat fast food so regularly and in such quantities that such a device has some twisted practicality. Or maybe truck drivers who might more routinely eat on the road, but even then, where does the requisite burger and drink go since the fry holder is taking up some valuable real estate? I might accept this type of thing if it were simply a general fast food tray one could affix in a cup holder, but seeing as it's advertised as solely a fry holder, clearly designed to hold amounts ranging from a reasonable small/medium up to a metric fuck-ton, I can only shake my head.

Reactions: Kyrian007

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Screenshot_20220918-232309.png
Never heard or met Baba Vanga outside of the default news algorithms, so she's probably a lovely old lady. But she has got to stop talking shit already. She is out of control bringing in sci-fi fantasy subplots during this time of mourning.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
View attachment 7046
Never heard or met Baba Vanga outside of the default news algorithms, so she's probably a lovely old lady. But she has got to stop talking shit already. She is out of control bringing in sci-fi fantasy subplots during this time of mourning.
If someone is to rule (or do anything else) forever, they have to live more than just 97 years.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Been applying to jobs and I keep seeing stuff like this. Is that there much confusion about what a Latino/Hispanic is?
1664172872301.png

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Been applying to jobs and I keep seeing stuff like this. Is that there much confusion about what a Latino/Hispanic is?
View attachment 7089
As a Black AND Hispanic person, I've often wondered this myself, like, why are they specifically calling for "not" Hispanic or Latino as they qualify the other races? What's the difference? I've never seen it to this degree, though; personally, I would ask which ever potential employer about this. I mean, I'd figure out if I got the job or not first, then ask.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
As a Black AND Hispanic person, I've often wondered this myself, like, why are they specifically calling for "not" Hispanic or Latino as they qualify the other races? What's the difference? I've never seen it to this degree, though; personally, I would ask which ever potential employer about this. I mean, I'd figure out if I got the job or not first, then ask.
US census questions, mostly. Added several decades ago when a specific flavor of white people started getting antsy that all these new white people spoke Spanish and knew how to use seasonings.