Doom Eternal thoughts thread.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I'm up to the Icon of Sin.

God, I dislike this boss fight. I mean, the Khan Makyr was harder, but it was more engaging, because there was a pattern to her attacks. The Icon of Sin is really just an endurance round.

In the meantime, played some more battle mode. Still haven't won a match. :(

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I beat the Icon of Sin. Honestly, it was easy once I realized the pattern involved - a pattern far less intricate than the Khan Makyr. Honestly, the ending is total balls though, basically summed up as "yeah, you won, congratulations or something."

So, final thoughts. All in all, I liked this game. I mentioned ages ago that me getting Doom Eternal was based on the gamble that it would solve the issues I had with Doom 2016. Having completed it, I can say that those issues were solved. That's not to say it's perfect though, but it's a case of a sequel taking what works, cutting out the fat where it isn't needed (e.g. gameplay), and adding fat where it is (e.g. story). If we're asking how it stacks up to the other Doom games I've played, I've decided to give it the #2 spot, nestling it in-between Doom 1993, and Doom 3. Compared to these games, Doom Eternal has lower lows, but also higher highs. At the end of the day though, I still like Doom 3 more. Its story is still tighter, and while its combat is much simpler, I do feel it's the overall more solid game. But honestly, they're kind of neck and neck, with both trying to do very different things.

So, TL, DR, I ripped and tore, and now it is done.

Edit: I still can't beat battlemode. :(