Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
Yah because the dicelord isn't going to give me nightmares at ALL!

LORD BRITISH IS GOING TO SPACE! I'LL SEND YOU A CARD FROM JUPITER! Brilliant

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Wow, I love that Dicelord, he has to be my favorite character in this show so far. I hope he gets more screen time in the future.

The acting has improved so much since the first episodes, so are camera angles and special effects.

Love it!

Maybe there will be a quest for some other character to go and revive the Michaels.

P.S. The Escapist should give these guys a raise for the pure awesomeness of the show.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Bringing people back to life isn't a strange thing in many videogames, but it would require a NPC helping them to occure.
Which would be awesome.

I also very much dislike the idea of fate or a preset future in a story, and this came very close to that. So I don't like the Dicelord as much as other people seem to. Not his fault, just the theme which he gets very close it.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Archemetis said:
Jeronus said:
Archemetis said:
I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Extra Lives, pressing yes when the continue screen shows up, or reversing time. I could go on but you get my point. Great Episode.
One that can genuinely apply in the real world on real people, was what I was going for.
There is a small chance that they could survive bullets to the brain. I hear about people who miraculously survive being shot in the head. I doubt that the real world rules apply anymore though as they have used god mode cheat, gained super powers, and been fired out of a cannon across long distances and manage to walk away unscathed.

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
The Dice lord looks and has the mannerisms of the deformed love child hailing from Sack Boy, Rudy from the mighty boosh, and Rorschach.

I'm gonna go...
Consult my psychiatrist.

Shady Shades

Apr 3, 2009
Dice Lord has control over luck, all conceivable futures, and things involving the word "Quantum".

If he/it isn't made of win, I don't know who is. I hope we get to see him again! >:)

Mykonos

May 19, 2009
I liked the montage part when the DL was playing piano. I was surprisingly happy when he didn't get killed off.

Stinky244

Sep 12, 2008
What game references were in this episode. There was Arthas from WoW, Shepard from Mass Effect but didnt know who the two other guys were. Also the music and the whole feel of the episode. Of what games was that based on?

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
that was awesome i really liked the dice lord but i still want to beat him whith a baseball bat beacose of is voice but it's better than jack of blades from fable (the first one^^

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Jay Cee said:
The Dice lord looks and has the mannerisms of the deformed love child hailing from Sack Boy, Rudy from the mighty boosh, and Rorschach.

I'm gonna go...
Consult my psychiatrist.
Who ever managed to come up with the dicelord diserves a dollar.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Did anyone else think for a second that Toad was the resistance?
And awesome soundtrack guys