Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

BunJ

Jul 26, 2009
Vicente de Lisboa said:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!
It wasn't the weakest it was always amazing.
dice is awesome BTW.

PyriteOkio

Feb 18, 2009
I'm really not buying the "My Iq is 120 points and I couldn't etc" or "Bull my Iq is 100% and I couldn't figure it out." Deals. Maybe I'm just a creative thinker and your all brilliant mathematicians, but it's nothing that big. Try the Impossible Quizz that might make you think. XD

PyriteOkio

Feb 18, 2009
Hmmm, well I've watched this a couple times, and it looks like lines on a monitor when you look at anything inside the elevator. However when it closes up on their eyes the lines disappear. Same deal with toad and when he aims at them, the inside looks digital. It's not just the camera cause the outtakes are fine, it looks like an added effect. Maybe somethings up?

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Jeronus said:
Archemetis said:
Jeronus said:
Archemetis said:
I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Extra Lives, pressing yes when the continue screen shows up, or reversing time. I could go on but you get my point. Great Episode.
One that can genuinely apply in the real world on real people, was what I was going for.
There is a small chance that they could survive bullets to the brain. I hear about people who miraculously survive being shot in the head. I doubt that the real world rules apply anymore though as they have used god mode cheat, gained super powers, and been fired out of a cannon across long distances and manage to walk away unscathed.

That...

Is an excelent point.

ic0n67

Jul 27, 2009
That was actually a really good episode ... I mean really good. You kinda fell off the wagon there for a few, but keep this up please.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Timtimfed said:
Episode 19

Lund and Shanks enter the land of RPG and roll no other possible outcome.

Watch Video
I dont suppose you could upload the music you used in the Dicelord's emotion montage thingy? I love your music :D

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
That was awesome, the foreshadowing bit at 3:30 or so kind of reminded me of a particular scene in V for Vendetta (which is high praise coming from me, I assure you). The Dicelord was awesome too, and the elevator music.

Looking forward to the next episode ^_^

PS - I know, they got shot in the head. They'll be fine though, I'm sure of it.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
D:, why, why did he do that?! Damn Toad...

Awesome episode, I'm sure you've heard it enough, but great editing, great plot (thought rather confusing) and great voice for luck or chance or whatever he is.

Even though my favourite thing this episode was the elevator music.

shadowbird258

Oct 2, 2009
OMG that wat was your best episode yet, i've watched it 4 times through. I absolutely loved the Dice Lord, he is amazing. I really hope this isn't the end but i doubt it is anyway. :p I made an account just so i could comment on this episode and say how awesome it was. and on that note "LORD BRITISH IS GOING TO SPACE!"

Fellwarden

Sep 25, 2008
What awesome muzak in the elevator! It would be so cool if hotel lobbies and elevators had that music!

And the dicelord was kinda cool. If the guys making this series had a higher budget and could do really good effects (don't get me wrong, the special effects are brilliant, but they could be even better with more time/money) it would be so awesome.

It would be too awesome with a full length movie of this series :D

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
I'd say the probability of them not being dead is *shakes head* very high - the mysterious stranger killed them before during virtual reality didn't he?

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I gotta say, the soundtrack is pretty sexy in this episode. Creepy piano music was creepy! <3 Also, though it's surely been said a hundred times by now, "Lord British is going to SPACE!"

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
The Dice Lord is one of the best characters I've seen in any show here on The Escapist, even above everything in There Will Be Brawl!

Amazing stuff!

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
WHOA HOLY CRAP. THEY DIED.

Lol, very good episode, love every second of it, the amount of work you put into this to make the effects look so great, and have the acting work out so well, amazes me.

Also, didn't they get shot in the fallout one too?