Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

Superlordbasil

Feb 23, 2009
The dice lord manged to get enough character across in his short sitting that he could be used as a full blown villain in many settings. His controlling the odds and being controlled by the odds give a kind of two face/riddler feel.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
HT_Black said:
Wow...The only thought in my head was that this must be what it's like when Rorshach plays DM at the Watchmen's weekly D&D session...

How exactly can one continue after the ending of this, if I may ask? It's rather...final.

Well.... any death-match game has a re-spawn timer. Or one of the wizards was realy a good guy and revives them or something.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
uh huh...

well im confused as hell and i didn't think Mass Effect would come into this

Fazer1000

Sep 30, 2009
Super Confused :(
Dont kill them off, We havn't saw enough video Game Char's :((
And Also This Program ROCKS

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Are we actually supposed to recognise the characters when the Dice Lord says "you may recognise some familiar faces2? I didn't recognise any of them (apart from the actors, that is).

Also this is my fourth viewing, I LOVE this episode!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Dicelord is the most awesome character I've seen in ages. Bloody freaky. Wow. I'm a sheep again. Btw anyone who reads this? Who do you think is playing him?

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
freaking awesome, whoever does the special effects for this is the greatest. Although the costumes could be better like at least give the dicelord a hood, it was blatant he wrapped a t-shirt around his head, as well as commander shepard - just an tiny N7 decal on a black shirt

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I have two guesses for what happens next...

1 - Grim Fandango style afterlife which they have to escape from (the clearly increased budget at work!)

2 - Toad is actually part of the resistance and revives them at the Resistance HQ or inside Mario's base.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
Archemetis said:
I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Umm regenerating health bars perhaps? Works in just about every shooter made these days....

Edit: Also, LegsyWegsy that Dicelord animation is excellent, nice job!

MasterMaaCuuQu

Jul 13, 2009
LORD BRITISH IS GOING TO SPACE!

I'll SEND YOU A LETTER FROM JUPITA!!!

LOL that was the FUNNIEST thing i've seen all week, and i don't even know what that joke is referring to, can someone explain it to me please?

NikolaiTampernun

Aug 31, 2009
Jamous said:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Dicelord is the most awesome character I've seen in ages. Bloody freaky. Wow. I'm a sheep again. Btw anyone who reads this? Who do you think is playing him?
It's Tom, duh. :p He was also the Morrowind ring seeking guy.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Vicente de Lisboa said:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!
They should earn a reward,everyone on that team,followed by a free demo of whatever game they are looking forward to! And plus a free dinner.

illboardyourlands

Oct 5, 2009
I really like the voicing for dice-lord. Plus all of the DnD jokes were awesome. "DC of 7" My guess was that the blonde haired dude that was the vault born in the fallout episode voiced dice-lord. Am I right? Or am I supendiculously wrong?